Realistic missions needed

zeroalpha

Well Chaves cant wait to see what you guys have done, ;) I like the sound of good pre mission intel, Have often thought it would be good to have printable int packs in with the mod read me, If I am conducting a recon of a new mod I will often print the command map so that i can make notes of enemy positions and patrols etc :ph34r:

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well Chaves cant wait to see what you guys have done,  I like the sound of good pre mission intel, Have often thought it would be good to have printable int packs in with the mod read me, If I am conducting a recon of a new mod I will often print the command map so that i can make notes of enemy positions and patrols etc  

Who doesn´t.

It have always seemed to be the best way of surviving the campaign :)

And it ad´s a good touch to the gameplay to I hope, for now, with Predators in the sky and such, you have the possibilities of getting Real Time intel (when using a communicationsexpert/element leader that is)

I can't wait either. Looking forward to your feedbacks on these missions. Missions like these ones are made to be played for the first time only. So take your time and go through the intel and all. Then go through them with the recommended setup (9 men max, no iff, elite etc..) After some rounds they will be compromised and you will start to memorize them.) Then the fun normally vanish more and more.

Gonna post here when the first mission briefing is unlocked. From what I can see that will be on the 10th of fevruary.

Have fun!

will these be avail. for SP?  I'm not really a MP guy with my 28kbs connection.

Sure! You can play them single player with AI. Gonna be a ######load of timing to drag 8 AI players around in a Stealthy mission but yeah - np (nema problema)

Chavez

Edited by Chavez

Sure! You can play them single player with AI. Gonna be a ######load of timing to drag 8 AI players around in a Stealthy mission but yeah - np (nema problema)

Damn right. What do you mean No Problems. The Artificial Idiots aren't capable of handling stealth.

<deep breath>

I'll do my best sir.

<salutes><walks out and starts praying>

Sounds cool.

Nah lol! What I say is that none of these missions should never be played with respawns coz they arent scripted to work well that way. And you simply cant do them all alone. Wich means you will have to drag Artificial Idiots (lmao I like that expression) with you in single player mode. But since a Stealthy Approach relies so heavily on small details, there is a big risk you are dragging an AI Gung Ho Superhero that will compromise your squad in a way or two. Then the ###### might hit the fan. Then some of that ###### might present you for the domino principle. Then you might not wanna play domino again. If you get my point.

Have fun though - its possible. No doubt about that. Just keep the respawns off pls.

Edited by Chavez

Cant wait to give these a go :o= even though SP has its drawbacks :stupid:

Hmm...

Chavez, do you intend to include some better .ATR files, just to make SP a bit more tactical.

Some times, when the leadership, stealt and firearmsskills are close to 8, the AI seems to be getting their act together...

Chavez, do you intend to include some better .ATR files, just to make SP a bit more tactical.

I don't even know what an ATR file is. But I promise you this: This is as tactical as it gets! Even in SinglePlayer. The only problem I would see corrected in singleplayer is the possibility to make your AI teammates be able to run fully up double-time but still stay on the RECON fire ROE's (not shooting at will).

Here is a comment from a team that played this mission yesterday:

"This mission is way better than the originals!"

And another one:

"The best mission I have played!"

Concerning it is my second mission ever made with IGOR, I'm flattered. Also UBI requested to see the mission and get a replay. They got it yesterday. IF they gonna make it public in any way, they will wait until the last team have played mission 1.

After the tournament I will continue to publish Stealth Missions at www.alphasquad.net, together with briefings and intel-maps.

I'm having so much fun with this!

Keep it up!

Edited by Chavez

Chavez, nice to here you're making good missions :)

Changing the .atr files (actor files) with more skill-points for the enemy/or for the ghosts, like Tollen said, makes the AI improve alot.

Just edit the .atr-files in a text-editor.

You don't want this to be any harder! Or easier for that sake. It's a well balanced mission. Having said that - after you have played it 100 times it ain't much of a challenge anymore.

I remember the days back when memorizing a mission was fun. I think I played MBC 800 times or summthing. Was able to run through it on alone in 5mins 58 secs with no AI/spawns/IFF/Elite/TI.

Nowadays my best time is when I can play a good coop mission with the Alpha's for the very first time.

BTW: Will changing an ATR file still make it serversided. Or does every player that enters my game have to install that ATR-file as well?

Edited by Chavez

Chavez, I think (and hope) that you got us wrong, every character in GR have a .ATR-files (probablhy from Attributes), who includes name, skin, face and campaign-start skillpoints.

This only in SP-mode, and in the mod´s Iv´e seen, this is only made on the friendly characters, and if you run a server with AI-teammates they have to come with the map.

Sorry if I sounds like a naggy old hag, but I thought that your mission was a pure co-op, and what I wanted you to consider was to make the SP-game´s a bit more fun with some better AI´s.

Better what AI? Tangos or friendlies? Tangos shouldnt be more difficult. And by increasing the friendlies Ai levels it probably will be less fun im afraid. Just holdon and test it.

I will check if it is possible to open the briefing tonite. I will post the URL, username and password here.

Edited by Chavez

Password for week 1 briefing is now removed.

Here

is the direct link to the briefing.

And here is a link to the Stealth Recon 2003 coop tournament website.

This tuesday - the 11th - at 2am ESTyou will be able to download the mission from the week1 briefing page. Put it in your gr/mods/origmiss/missions folder. Make sure you have these installed

Patch 1.4

Desert Siege addon

Island Thunder addon

Please play this mission as a tournament mission for the first time:

no respawns

9 players totally (including AI's)

no threat indicator

elite

45 minutes time limit

MAX IFF OFF

no kit restrictions

the name of the mission starts with "AS........". So you should find it high up in your maplist.

Pls. post some feedbacks here.

Also - read the briefing pls.. And post your score here if you want to after you have played it for the first time.

Have Fun!

Edited by Chavez

Damn right. What do you mean No Problems. The Artificial Idiots aren't capable of handling stealth.

Keep them on Recon ROE. And move one group at a time. In SP the timelimit should be set to 60 minutes to compensate for that type of movement. You will need the time that first round. Be prepared for a surprise or two.

I like your idea for realistic missions. I must admit I usually enjoy playing through a mission just to take out all the enemy - great for stress relief - and make full use of the 'save game' and 'reload' keys as I too impatient to go full-tactical. I have however started to replay games without using the 'save game' or threat monitor and this gives new life to each mod. Having realistic taskings which encourage us cowboys to play more tactically will add to the enjoyment of replaying the mods. I have just started playing the recent 'free libya' mod, which is great and one of the missions limits the amount of kills you can make before placing your demo charges, which is a good way to force you to play like a ghost instead of a Rambo.

I would like to take this opportunity to thank all the modders out there, I can't begin to imagine the time and skill required to make all these great mods that make a great game fantastic with unlimited playing life.

hmmmm, this might be of interest, me and a team are working on a Clear and Present Danger mod and are trying to follow the book as closely as possible with a simple mod. if you considered those missions from the book (those who haven't read it, read it, don't watch the movie, its no thing like the book [except the BASIC plot]) anywho if you consider the book or any other tom clancy novel realistic, this may turn out to be interesting, or maybe not.

hmmmm, this might be of interest, me and a team are working on a Clear and Present Danger mod and are trying to follow the book as closely as possible with a simple mod. if you considered those missions from the book (those who haven't read it, read it, don't watch the movie, its no thing like the book [except the BASIC plot]) anywho if you consider the book or any other tom clancy novel realistic, this may turn out to be interesting, or maybe not.

If you create a clear and present danger campaing, can you please create the farm to. I would love to try to sneak past Mr. Clark as Chavez.