LOL, Soney does it again!

FA sear

I pretty much have the business news on all day at work, and I heard that Sony's PS3 will not be able to run some 200 previous titles. Any confirmation of this on the gaming sites? Sony's story just gets better and better everyday. :rocky:

They run, just in various states of broken. Let me find the gamespy story...

Edit: http://ps3.gamespy.com/articles/745/745556p1.html

I pretty much have the business news on all day at work, and I heard that Sony's PS3 will not be able to run some 200 previous titles. Any confirmation of this on the gaming sites? Sony's story just gets better and better everyday. :rocky:

They run, just in various states of broken. Let me find the gamespy story...

Edit: http://ps3.gamespy.com/articles/745/745556p1.html

That was an interesting read. Bloomberg news is never quite comprehensive when it comes to gaming news.

The whole ps3 launch has been a joke. I tried to line up wednesday night to camp out for when and every where I went there were already long lines. Supposedly the shortages were even worse because many campers who were fairly high up in the line still didn't get any. The press is saying that the actual number of released console in the us was closer to 150,000 - 250,000 units instead of the anticipated 400,000.

The sony message forums are filled with complaints about cords not working, not being able to use dvi pc monitors to display a picture, game disks not being taken by the system. I'm actually glad I didn't get one now. There has also been a ton of horror stories about fights breaking out at the launch. There are a lot of desperate people out there. This experience has made my decision a whole lot easier. I will be picking up a 360 so I can play some vegas during xmas. A lot of places are offering $50 rebates for the premium package right now. I think sony is doomed.

I think i just plan gave up on the PS3 that i forgot to post this old news

PS3 Downscales 720p on Incapable TVs

If your TV doesn't support a specific resolution, expect to go low-res.

US, November 15, 2006 - As final PlayStation 3 units continue to trickle into more and more hands, additional details about how the system works and what it can and can't do are hitting the web. The latest (rather major) tidbit is how the console treats the upscaling and downscaling of 720p titles on televisions that don't support that resolution -- specifically those that are only 1080i capable.

As it turns out, gamers who own older HD sets that feature only 480i, 480p, and 1080i resolution input capabilities will have to settle for the display quality being downsized as the game boots in its 480p mode rather than upscaling the image from its more desirable 720p mode to the TV's 1080i. We tested this development on older HDTV sets with games designed for 720p but not 1080i -- Resistance: Fall of Man, NHL 2K7, Tiger Woods PGA Tour 07, and Need for Speed Carbon. Sure enough, the system downshifted all four titles to 480p rather than moving up to 1080i. This issue came up with either a digital HD video connection (using an HDMI cord) and an analog HD video connection (using component cables.)

The PlayStation 3's competitor, Microsoft's Xbox 360, does upscale 720p games to 1080i if the HD set supports the latter resolution but not the in-between and commonly-employed 720p resolution.

Anyways for the good news Smash My PlayStation 3 is now up! :rofl:

Well, looks like the PS3 really does suck.

I cant believe people are dumb enough to camp out in pouring rain, wait in line, and possibly not even get the PS3, and still pay six hundred dollars if they do get one. Not to mention the technical issues, my god. Yes, Sony is so doomed lol.

Edited by Foxtrot360

I remember when no one really cared about backwards compatibility. Almost everyone who's buying a PS3 has a PS2, so why does it matter? Seriously, it's just changing the Tv's output channel and turning a different console on.

True, but to me personally another console would just amount to clutter that I would not want to have around. Besides, with the new console, the old games would be more of a feature that I would use occasionally, not all the time, so for me personnally I would not want another console around, just to run old games.

Besides, why keep an old console when you can trade it in and get a $70 credit?