see if you like it...

it's finally up and ready, titled th33f's NYC FiOS.

i've only left 6 maps in the cycle, did away with Downtown and Avenues, Strongpoint might go as well...

max deaths is set to 4, 10 minute rounds, TDM. network settings are at max - 3072 kB/s. the conncetion should hold up pretty well, and i'd appreciate as many people as possible stopping by to play a game or two...

i've left it running for 2 days now and there hasn't been an issue of any kind. i'll be logging in every night for the next two weeks at least to admin the server. any suggestions as to how the server should be run can be sent to... yeah, you guessed it. you're just gonna have to deal with me.

i'm about to install XFire on my laptop and i'm all set. handle is th33f, and you will find my email in the MOTD.

enjoy!

it's finally up and ready, titled th33f's NYC FiOS.

i've only left 6 maps in the cycle, did away with Downtown and Avenues, Strongpoint might go as well...

max deaths is set to 4, 10 minute rounds, TDM. network settings are at max - 3072 kB/s. the conncetion should hold up pretty well, and i'd appreciate as many people as possible stopping by to play a game or two...

i've left it running for 2 days now and there hasn't been an issue of any kind. i'll be logging in every night for the next two weeks at least to admin the server. any suggestions as to how the server should be run can be sent to... yeah, you guessed it. you're just gonna have to deal with me.

i'm about to install XFire on my laptop and i'm all set. handle is th33f, and you will find my email in the MOTD.

enjoy!

Post the ip so we can add it to our favorites... makes it easier to find it in all the servers.

I've seen it up, but every time I check it's empty. Maybe I'll jump in tonight and just hang out for a little while to see if ppl will join.

yea, i was in there for like an hour, nobody joined. maybe BOTA X can get together with the Clones later tonight and get this party started. i'll be on around 7PM eastern. hope to see ya there.

one more thing, i'd love to know what kind of pings people are getting to the server. mine is always 47 to 59, but i'm connecting from Maine, which is on the same coast...

from where i am it has a nice 125 ping in the serverlist

(the netherlands)

inside and i have a 110 ping

any one able to play ??

it is a good server (okay only had two others to play with :D)

just needs some folk in it

Edited by sui317

I got in for a few rounds last night early. There weren't many players in but one clan stacked one side and were completely blowing out the other team. Wasn't fun and when asked they didn't even it up. So I left. Oh well. Performance was ok with a bit of lag for the time I was in I don't particularly remember my ping however but it was under 80 the times I checked and I'm in Alabama.

Edit: we also had some really bad thunderstorms move through while I was playing so I'll try to join again and see.

Edited by FI_FlimFlam

I got in for a few rounds last night early. There weren't many players in but one clan stacked one side and were completely blowing out the other team. Wasn't fun and when asked they didn't even it up. So I left. Oh well. Performance was ok with a bit of lag for the time I was in I don't particularly remember my ping however but it was under 80 the times I checked and I'm in Alabama.

Edit: we also had some really bad thunderstorms move through while I was playing so I'll try to join again and see.

I actually enjoy when they do that. usually us from AFZ will take on the opposing clan. When there is one, there is more, so you can anticpate more for more kills.

Well it was only8 or so of us and only one afz was with me on the other team and he left right away. Then it was just random pubbers I have never seen. The other clan was on the opposite team and we were getting steamrolled again and again. Not much you can do when no one is on TS on your team. All that does in a public server is make your team look bad (the one stacking). I mean it's not like you're in a scrim or match and when you ignore ppl's requests to even it up all you are going to do is drive off people because it's not enjoyable for them.

I've seen it up, but every time I check it's empty. Maybe I'll jump in tonight and just hang out for a little while to see if ppl will join.

yea, i was in there for like an hour, nobody joined. maybe BOTA X can get together with the Clones later tonight and get this party started. i'll be on around 7PM eastern. hope to see ya there.

one more thing, i'd love to know what kind of pings people are getting to the server. mine is always 47 to 59, but i'm connecting from Maine, which is on the same coast...

We'll hop in there tonight... we had a match yesterday at 8 :thumbsup:

arrrrrrrgh! my retarded brothers must've rebooted the router or something so the server is down right now. i'm on it though. i'll post when it's back up, and don't think for a second that it crashed...

lol rgr

I did try it a couple hours ago and it was offline... now I know :thumbsup:

no, Roco. i can't get to that ip using Radmin either. it's gotta be a UPS breaker or a router restart, which would've probably deleted my ports configuration... little bastages are out drinking. there's not gonna be anyone in the house for a while i guess. sorry. i'll try again tomorrow night.

it was the breaker on the machine itself. happens when there's a surge in the power lines. anyway, it's back up now and auto team balance is off. see y'all tonight.

Need an apc battery backup + surge like we have ;)

Set your bios to power on when AC is restored (if it's a powersupply surge overload protect it won't help though)

yeah, it is an Uninterruptible Power Supply with a battery should last half an hour, but the rig is plugged into the half that's only surge protected. it was the chepest i could find, so now i'm paying the price...

btw, i just set up a TS2 server, same ip, port 8767, no pass.