GTR2 Time Trials

pz3

Alright guys. Post up your times on your tracks.

Track: Valencia GP 2004

Time: 12:00

Weather: Clear 0%

Car: C5-R

Best time: 1:33.360

Is my best recorded lap so far.

I scored a 1.32. somthing in the Viper GTS-R but it didnt record it for some reason.

No assists except for Automatic Clutch

Edited by Prozac360

Sorry to sound like a noob, but do we need to pin up some guidelines on how to post these times.

i.e. I assume we all have to use the same assists, same car (?) and is there a Time Trials section in the game that we use to get these times?

There is a time trial mode where you can race for the time. Sevral ways to see your time... One beeing in garage you click timings(i think) after you run your best.

Replays saved automaticly afterwords record your hot lap. Wich records the time in seconds.

Assists need to be the same if you want to compete. Cars do not but class of cars does matter.

i.e. GT, NGT, G2, G3

track race time and weather conditions matter as well and of course the track itself needs to be the same.

I.E. Valencia GP2003 and valencia Shorty wouldnt be comparible.

Edited by Prozac360

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I like them... The AI cars brake way to early for them and I gain a whole load of time through them. Although if you find one parked on the apex as you come through on a hot lap it can get a little frustrating!

If you're alright with the big stop for Goddards at the end of the back straight on the National layout though (the final right-left chicane), what's the difference with a hairpin? They're both very similar in terms of braking and stuff IMO.

I'd have to look up my times, but I think I'm at around a 1:26 for the GP and 1:04 for the National in a 575. I don't tend to do much racing in the other cars. Luigi care only for the Ferraris.

1.04.4 is my best so fair. There is a good setup in the online folder which makes it a lot more stable, it's called Lambo 1 03 633

I've also found that downloading a lap of someone who is a second or so faster than your average lap can help as well.

Then I got confident and went online to race. Then I realised I was rubbish and went offline again having spun 3 times on an outlap.

I have no idea how these guys online are so fast.

Iv only had 3 races where I been close to winning 2nd place... but the guys i were racing against were just running simlare times to me... everyone else just about runs 5 seconds faster then me.

of course i do it the hard way... using slower cars aswell.

Viper and vette mostly... although ngt porsche i do pretty good.

Edited by Prozac360

New time: 1.03.121 using the technique I laid out above.

One problem, as soon as I try it without racing line/ghost car I'm back to mid 1:04s

Edit: regarding those a lot faster than you, the same was true in GT Legends, the top lot are very good and the good are maybe 5-10% behind. If you're a newcomer you don't stand a chance.

well reading around im hearing 70 year old men play this game....

well jesus when all you are is retired i guess you can just tweak your cars all day.

eitherway some of my favorite races here.... most end in disaster but the runs with people in my time areas are a blast.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q0ItLgYMXTk

havent won one in a big room yet. That video last race was 15 people all but 4 dropped.... I lead after two racing for the lead crashed and totaled their cars. Me and the other porsche were having a great run for about 12 laps just like that. Then I spun poped tire and the red porsche ends up winning as the other guy was waiting for me so we could play catch the leader again.

Then I got confident and went online to race. Then I realised I was rubbish and went offline again having spun 3 times on an outlap.

How can you be good enough to drive a mid-1:04, but still bad enough to spin three times on an outlap???

And what's all this about having the racing line displayed?!? Surely that's just cheating! If you look carefully at the track you can pretty much see the racing line anyway from where the rubber's gone down onto the circuit. Just follow the black smudge!

Ah, I see... Like me every time I step into a 911 then! Germany's finest they may be, but I never have liked them. Give me a Maranello-built car any day! Although it has to be said I'm not that good in a 360 either...

Swingman... well, fair play, I quite like that view too. Whether I use that or the cockpit view depends on how I feel. I probably drive about a 50-50 split between the two. The biggest problem is that you don't see behind you because you haven't got mirrors in that view...

• 2 weeks later...

I really hate racing online. Every race I've been in (10 to 15) I've lost. Not just "not won" but "last" or "crashed". Mostly racing at Monza and I can't go faster than 1:45. Tried racing with some of the NGT cars and still sucked. Hours of time trial practice haven't helped either.

I'm going to play solitaire instead.