Is it possible to play coop after the latest patches?

There are 2 coop types, [GR] Coop and the Coop that came with the game. For the coop that came with the game, some new optiosn were added, like the game not ending when the squad leader dies and the ability to skip the insertion videos.

For [GR] Coop, there are two types, Recon and Firefight. This allows up to 12 players at once. The modes are self explanatory, ie Recon means you start at point A and must reach point B, and firefight means you have to kill every tango on the map. There are also rumors that we may get Defend and Mission based [GR] Coop in an upcoming patch as well.

The SADS (Stand Alone Dedicated Server files) have been released, but do not work for the original Coop (only [GR] Coop, TDM, DM, HH, DOM, and Siege).

Does it annoy anyone else that there is no respawning option in co-op after all the team members have died, as with the original GR co-op mode?
So what exactly happens when all the players die? Does it completely reload the map? Or move on to the next map in the cycle?

Anything involving respawning should simply be a selectable server setting as in:

Respawns?:

- no

- instant

- time delay

- team (whole team has to die before team is respawned)

This should be teamed up with an option as to whether or not the map is restarted when the entire team dies - a yes/no option. If set to yes, the entire map is restarted or the next map in the cycle starts depending on other settings.

It's not a matter of someone hating this or not. Not having these options simply sucks. If you don't want respawns on your server then don't enable them.

Depending on how a map in a game is configured, it might be impossible to complete without respawns. Remember the mods in [GR] to fight against 200 tangoes? The more options we have to select from the more we can customize the online experience.

Anything involving respawning should simply be a selectable server setting

That's exactly my beef. It was an option in the [Ghost Recon]. You could turn them on or off - why have less functionality in what should be a more fully developed successor of the original? If you like having respawns, you get to have them. If you don't like respawns, you get to turn them off. It bugs me that the developers arbitrarily take out stuff that was in there in the first place. Would love to see this addressed in a future patch.

I quess what I'm curious about is what with 30+/- servers running GR:AW 'round the clock not ONE that I've seen since the beta testing is hosting the much maligned, bread and butter, 4 man Co-Op? Surely Co-Op's got to be a better draw than DM?

To the best of my knowlede no one has figured how to run a dedicated server in "campaign-coop" mode. Alos, you are still not able to see a "campaign coop" game from teh browser if the game is in progress, only while people are sitting in teh lobby. So I am not at all surprised that you do not see more servers running this mode, it is basically not functional for "serving" as is.

As for the "hint" about having objectives in [GR]-coop mode. To the best of my knowledge that was a red-herring. The only possible objectives I am aware of are "kill a number of tangos" (which I think can be less that the number on the map) or "reach a zone". There is apparently no ability to have logic in the scripting "language" for the [GR]-coop mode, so there will never really be missions with multiple objectives.

Unfortunatly, despite the early and rekindled hopes, I am afraid that the imersive qualities of the GRAW engine can not be coaxed to produce "meaningful" coop play. (If your idea of coop is to shoot every tango you see right off and use respawn, then my assessment probably does not apply)

To the best of my knowlede no one has figured how to run a dedicated server in "campaign-coop" mode. Alos, you are still not able to see a "campaign coop" game from teh browser if the game is in progress, only while people are sitting in teh lobby. So I am not at all surprised that you do not see more servers running this mode, it is basically not functional for "serving" as is.

As for the "hint" about having objectives in [GR]-coop mode. To the best of my knowledge that was a red-herring. The only possible objectives I am aware of are "kill a number of tangos" (which I think can be less that the number on the map) or "reach a zone". There is apparently no ability to have logic in the scripting "language" for the [GR]-coop mode, so there will never really be missions with multiple objectives.

Unfortunatly, despite the early and rekindled hopes, I am afraid that the imersive qualities of the GRAW engine can not be coaxed to produce "meaningful" coop play. (If your idea of coop is to shoot every tango you see right off and use respawn, then my assessment probably does not apply)

...another thoughtfully-prepared (however sad the news/assessment is) post by Buehgler_AS :( => IMHO it certainly does seem that GRAW's capacity to enable/support genuine mission scripting (co-op and/or SP) is imaginary/non-existent?