Love seige, but what's up with zone placement?

Ghost9

does anyone else think it's kind of dumb that in seige one of the viable routes is past the enemy spawn to the zone? wouldn't it be better to have the D spawn behind the zone instead of to the side. I understand y the spots were chosen for the maps, but the spawn locations could benefit from a map alteration. On just about every seige I've played the best way to assault is to come around in front of their spawn, but then you end up killing spawners or having people spawn at your back, so you can never clear that area. seems messed up to me.

A have no problems with that. I would like a feature for servers admin or map designers to move the siege zone to another spot, without having to re-download the whole map: Imagine all the fights/tactics available !

Would be nice if the modders could take the same maps that we have now and make different Siege points for them. Also it would be nice if they could take the other existing maps, Church and the rest of them, and turn them into Siege maps as well.

Would be nice if the modders could take the same maps that we have now and make different Siege points for them. Also it would be nice if they could take the other existing maps, Church and the rest of them, and turn them into Siege maps as well.

Ditto. I'll take it one step further though. It would be nice if all the maps available could be used for every MP Team vs Team game type. Some TvsT on some of those small HH maps would be a nice change of pace. That would give us what 6-8 maps for each mode? Can't remember..............

Ditto. I'll take it one step further though. It would be nice if all the maps available could be used for every MP Team vs Team game type. Some TvsT on some of those small HH maps would be a nice change of pace. That would give us what 6-8 maps for each mode? Can't remember..............

I think the issue is for each gametype the map has to be recreated. I'll give you an example of why.

In HH Hollow, the sun placement was different at one point then TDM hollow. and TDM had an issue with offset of the map where HH did not.

It's possible, just would take time. Maybe since the maps aren't an add on they will be released in a future patch for all modes when there is more time and everything is stable.

I also think something that really needs fixed (was not in Beta) is letting teams know if they are on Offense or Defense.

But ya a little more variaity on spawns and seige zone would have made this awesome.

One of my only complaints with GRAW .. no randomness.. once you learn where the other teams spawns.. you can create tactics and it eliminates that surprise feature..

does anyone else think it's kind of dumb that in seige one of the viable routes is past the enemy spawn to the zone?

Totally agree, The defensive spawn zone on Avenue is too far away and on the route for attackers, which is not good (when playing with respawns)

Also, in line with the flaw in GRAW by not having more than two spawns zones for HH and TDM..(a question which is still unanswered by the way)...Why they don't made a defensive zone switch side possible? (i.e., the defensive zone is on the opposite side of map in order to increase gameplay variability)

The game mode will risk getting booring quickly with 3 maps...and no variablility...

does anyone else think it's kind of dumb that in seige one of the viable routes is past the enemy spawn to the zone?

The game mode will risk getting booring quickly with 3 maps...and no variablility...

I agree with you here Postal ... one thing that I am worried abotu is the fact that there are only a few maps for both Siege and CO-OP GR. WIth the stagnatic features.. it might get boaring quickly.

I understand the modding community can make new maps .. but it is the Delieveried maps that will be used in tourney play.. if only GRIN could open up all the maps currently for all the modes..

That would totally rock and would be a huge selling point.. think of all the options.. even if spawn points and zones are kept static..

But I woud like to see you options available as well ..