Auto-Download Needs Work

Pulaski

The auto-download needs some major work, things like having to restart the game and when the server is changing to a new map you don't have the option to download. Also having the direct link saved to the client.

Does GRIN have any plans in the furture for fine tuning the auto-download feature? It's a great add-on but needs work.

Has someone figured out how to enable auto DL and what has to be added in the xml server file to allow this process to happen...any step by step help would be great!!! thx

This is what worked for me, go ahead and install the maps you want on the server here:

C:\Program Files\Ubisoft\Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter\custom_levels

Edit the above if needed, start the server up, make sure the server started then close it back down. Go back to the above:

You should see a map_downloads.xml file, open the file and edit the information for each map. Here's my map_downloads.xml for an example:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<ghost_recon_3_map_downloads>

<map bundle_name="aw03_powcamp_tdm" address="http://www.xxxxxxxx.com/maps/aw03_powcamp_tdm.bundle" />

<map bundle_name="aw04_ghosttown_tdm" address="http://www.xxxxxxxx.com/maps/aw04_ghosttown_tdm.bundle" />

</ghost_recon_3_map_downloads>

Hope this helps.

It was GRIN's first attempt. It is a start, I am sure they are looking at ths stuff and coming up with fixes.

Keep bringing idea;s to the table thought .. one might just help them out..

Maybe they can add something like the following:

clickokgraw.jpg

But when you click OK it would restart what is needed, like a mini-shortcut.

Auto-download does not work for me. For example, instead of a 5 MB map, there is a 4 KB file. I had to re-download maps manually on BDA web site.

Ok if you joined a few days ago, you will of got a 4-6k file on domination there was a problem with the url direction

but that has been fixed and you should delete any 4-6k bundle files as they are dummies.

The server is on siege at the moment so you should not have to download any new maps because there all stock.

Has someone figured out how to enable auto DL and what has to be added in the xml server file to allow this process to happen...any step by step help would be great!!! thx

This is what worked for me, go ahead and install the maps you want on the server here:

Edit the above if needed, start the server up, make sure the server started then close it back down. Go back to the above:

You should see a map_downloads.xml file, open the file and edit the information for each map. Here's my map_downloads.xml for an example:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<ghost_recon_3_map_downloads>

<map bundle_name="aw03_powcamp_tdm" address="http://www.xxxxxxxx.com/maps/aw03_powcamp_tdm.bundle" />

<map bundle_name="aw04_ghosttown_tdm" address="http://www.xxxxxxxx.com/maps/aw04_ghosttown_tdm.bundle" />

</ghost_recon_3_map_downloads>

Hope this helps.

It was GRIN's first attempt. It is a start, I am sure they are looking at ths stuff and coming up with fixes.

Keep bringing idea;s to the table thought .. one might just help them out..

Maybe they can add something like the following:

clickokgraw.jpg

But when you click OK it would restart what is needed, like a mini-shortcut.

:thumbsup: THX a BUNCH PULASKI......Its a great asset to this community to have DEV's and CompMasters to help us dummies out here!!!!! :rofl: