Is this the game for me?

Let me start with a little history :)

Waaaaaay back in the early days of Ghost Recon my clan, |FAST|, ran a server that was pretty much the most popular GR server around for a long time. We played Last Man Standing, no respawns, with 5 mins rounds (iirc). It was an absolute blast to play every night and we usually had a maxed 32 player server going at all times.

I was ecstatic to see that GRAW was coming out, but was very disappointed when I read the initial posts on here saying that the MP side of the game was really incomplete.

Now that the SADS files have been released, are there any servers like that out there? I've been reading the forums off and on since the game came out and have been holding off on buying the game until I felt like the MP side of things was finished. My only concern is that there seem to be so many people playing with respawns turned on or limiting the respawns to something like 5, which to me seems like it would really take away the tension, and edge of your seat excitement of the original GR.

Are there many people playing LMS with no respawns out there? Is this game finally the MP Tactical Shooter that so many people have been waiting to see on the PC?

Let me start with a little history :)

Waaaaaay back in the early days of Ghost Recon my clan, |FAST|, ran a server that was pretty much the most popular GR server around for a long time. We played Last Man Standing, no respawns, with 5 mins rounds (iirc). It was an absolute blast to play every night and we usually had a maxed 32 player server going at all times.

I was ecstatic to see that GRAW was coming out, but was very disappointed when I read the initial posts on here saying that the MP side of the game was really incomplete.

Now that the SADS files have been released, are there any servers like that out there? I've been reading the forums off and on since the game came out and have been holding off on buying the game until I felt like the MP side of things was finished. My only concern is that there seem to be so many people playing with respawns turned on or limiting the respawns to something like 5, which to me seems like it would really take away the tension, and edge of your seat excitement of the original GR.

Are there many people playing LMS with no respawns out there? Is this game finally the MP Tactical Shooter that so many people have been waiting to see on the PC?

We run ours with 2 max deaths... but you can set it to one.. which we do in matches. (meaning one death)

TDM is fun, siege is fun... and now downloadably maps in game.

i remember you |fast| server back in the day i was i use to play with the xcalibur clan as Xcal Renegade i would say it is alot like the old gr but in a urban setting lot beter grafics and physx and i think the wepens are well balanced in the game and there are planty of coustom maps for the game now so i would say go for it :D

I played GR1 since it's inception... I now play GRAW and enjoy every aspect of it.. some things could always be messaged a little but for the most part it is just plan FUN.

P.S. After doing some Beta Testing and playing with the new Patch.. I tired to go back to GR1 and I just could not. GRAW has changed the way I view GR1.. You can probably pick GRAW up on sale or what not and I would say it's worth it... the only thing that would maybe hold me back is the number ofpeople on line.. but with that said.. you can always find people playing.. I have faith as well that GRAW's fanbase will grow..

Oh ya, even if it's not on sale it's $50 .. go see a 4 hours movie with the wife and family and your looking at well over that for 3 hours of entertainment.. GRAW will give you many more hours then that just playing SP.

Edited by IrishStout

The improvement to mp btwn release and yesterday is considerable. The amount of ppl who have given up and moved on is, apparently, also considerable. I was able to play as much siege, really, as I wanted to yesterday, so perhaps it will stay that way. After all we don't need 100 full servers.

I think it has the feeling you describe, but 1 death servers I didn't see. They were 3 or 5.

The improvement to mp btwn release and yesterday is considerable. The amount of ppl who have given up and moved on is, apparently, also considerable. I was able to play as much siege, really, as I wanted to yesterday, so perhaps it will stay that way. After all we don't need 100 full servers.

I think it has the feeling you describe, but 1 death servers I didn't see. They were 3 or 5.

Servers are starting to look fuller.

sep06.jpg

Servers are starting to look fuller.

Yes well, it's treading the line. For me anyway. I'm particularly interested in siege, and ic that shot u have has the BDA server at 31/32. Same deal last night, and for a while it was 1 of 4 that had anyone at all. Later, another one was half full. Again, a person can only play on one server at once, so I'm not exactly complaining, but I'm a lil worried.