Poly count weapon.

as always with first person , you should use as few as neccessary , and with normal mapping in the mix , its also very easy to keep the count low while allowing complex details to be handled by the skin .

my opinion of a first preson wepaon , with deleted unseen faces would be around 2500- 3200 , thats a fair number i thnk , but testing could help narrow that down .

also remember that some people dont have the highest-end pc's , and are already making sacrifices to graphics for extra FPS , so it's always a good thing to keep the count lower .

as always with first person , you should use as few as neccessary , and with normal mapping in the mix , its also very easy to keep the count low while allowing complex details to be handled by the skin .

my opinion of a first preson wepaon , with deleted unseen faces would be around 2500- 3200 , thats a fair number i thnk , but testing could help narrow that down .

also remember that some people dont have the highest-end pc's , and are already making sacrifices to graphics for extra FPS , so it's always a good thing to keep the count lower .

Dimz, there are no "deleted faces" in graw. As graw is _not_ your run of the mill FPS with a weapon floating in space, the weapon you see in your viewport is the same as the other players see. therefore when making weapons its nice to also have a lod version that you switch too when you are a few meters away from the player holding the gun! this also means that you can not delete faces to get the polycount down.instead you use lod steps:)

you are however right, ofcourse you should always use as few as you can get away with:)

Dimz, there are no "deleted faces" in graw. As graw is _not_ your run of the mill FPS with a weapon floating in space, the weapon you see in your viewport is the same as the other players see. therefore when making weapons its nice to also have a lod version that you switch too when you are a few meters away from the player holding the gun! this also means that you can not delete faces to get the polycount down.instead you use lod steps:)

you are however right, ofcourse you should always use as few as you can get away with:)

Now THAT is what I would consider "BA"

there is no real "max" since it kinda depends on how many lod steps you want to make;)

I dont have the figures in my head right now since im not at the office but till ask someone

Any answer on this yet Wille. :fingersx:

Edited by ER(+)SER

hello.

The weapons without mods are between 1200 to 2500 polys. One exception is the SAW wich is about 6000 polys with all the bullets and stuff.

The addons are between 500 to 2000 polys.

Every weapon and addon has three LOD-steps including the highest one.

The second one being like 50% of the first one (think 3rd person), and the third one being about 10% of the first. (can be very crude, since it will be viewed at a distance of about 15 meters).

hello.

The weapons without mods are between 1200 to 2500 polys. One exception is the SAW wich is about 6000 polys with all the bullets and stuff.

The addons are between 500 to 2000 polys.

Every weapon and addon has three LOD-steps including the highest one.

The second one being like 50% of the first one (think 3rd person), and the third one being about 10% of the first. (can be very crude, since it will be viewed at a distance of about 15 meters).

that helped alot thks GRIN Bogvaldt :coolspeak::D

Was anything ever released on getting new weapons into the game. I've been away for a while, but I know there's been talk of it.

I know it's going to involve animating which is what I do, so I'm very interested in getting started. I'm not using Max, but I have ways of getting rigs and animation to transfer effectively as long as I have a base to work from. I'd rather go straight from Maya, but you know, I'll work with what they give us...if they give us something.

Was anything ever released on getting new weapons into the game. I've been away for a while, but I know there's been talk of it.

I know it's going to involve animating which is what I do, so I'm very interested in getting started. I'm not using Max, but I have ways of getting rigs and animation to transfer effectively as long as I have a base to work from. I'd rather go straight from Maya, but you know, I'll work with what they give us...if they give us something.

hmmm. whats animated on these weapons cept maybe the dispersal fire from the round.

Edited by ER(+)SER

hmmm. whats animated on these weapons cept maybe the dispersal fire from the round.

It's not so much the weapons that are animated as much as the characters. However, you do have to do the reload animations at least, ie replacing the mag. Sometimes the slide bolt needs to be animated, or like on pistols the whole top part(I don't know what it's called). Also, all weapons are slightly different in proportion so you have to make sure you place the characters hands properly. If they are using a foregrip, it will be different then without, that sort of thing. I'm sure some of the animations already in the game will work, but others might not look right with new weapons. Depends on how they have things setup. It could be very easy with nulls designating where the hands should go, or custom for each weapon. Who knows though until they share that part with us.