Grenades

I have some ideas how to make grenades in GRAW more usefeful and deadly :P

1. LMB should ba a toss and RMB should be a roll. I dont like the way it is made atm , i roll nade (killed myself) to many times just because i was standing on slope. Pointing a ground before you just to roll a nade also makes you lose the sight of whats hapening in front of you for a moment.

2. You should be able to cook nade before toss ! The way its made in AO is just perfect.

3. I dont like that the nade is tossed automatically when strenght bar goest up. It definitely should be tossed when you release LMB.

4. The roll range should be longer IMHO.

Any ideas ?

Please remember patching and changing a ingame feature, The nades and throwing would be far more work than a patch.

Some people have had user error with nades, and they used to have the problem with [GR] lol.

I find the nades ok may be a tweak here and there.

Please remember patching and changing a ingame feature, The nades and throwing would be far more work than a patch.

I dont know anything about game programing so i dont know how much work does it take to implement these features but it would great if GRIN change a bit greandes in GRAW.

Some people have had user error with nades, and they used to have the problem with [GR] lol.

:lol:

I find the nades ok may be a tweak here and there.

What dou You thing about my ideas ?

If it is a general concern and it is not too much hard work in implementing I dont see why not.

The guys come in here as you know a lot, and will read this thread.

I will admit it could be improved upon, may be some explanatory notes on the markers system and how it works would go a long way too.

Colin

I think the way the grenades are handled are ok. You do have some good ideas though. I don't like how it automatically throws the nade after the power bar reaches the top though. Never really been a fan of cooking nades so don't really matter to me on that aspect. But two different buttons for throwing and rolling nades would come in handy sometimes. As it is I have tried rolling them but they don't seem to go all that far and usually have to run away.

I think being able to cook grenades would be awesome and I would be very greatful if it happened but I could live without it as well. But I think fixing the power bar auto throw is absolutely necessary. Even a double click system would be better IMHO (One click to start power bar, the second to stop the power bar and throw the distance indicated. If you dont want to throw you let the power bar run out). I dont think this fix is as necessary as alot of other things immediately but somewhere down the line when core issues have been solved I hope it will be looked into.

I am getting used to throwing the nades, just like anything else you do it long enough you get used to it. My only problem with the nade situation is fine direction accuracy !! When you try to throw between something like say between a light pole and a wall, you would think that lining up your throw guides center (very center of the half circle) would be where the nade is being thrown, but that isn't the case. I am pretty much getting down the distance accuracy it is just the fine direction throw I am having trouble with.

I miss the grenade setup in GR1. The control overall was superb. That level control just isn't there with GRAW. When throwing grenades in GRAW they seem to either land at my feet or go a mile. In GR1 you could lob grenades very easily which I'd love to be able to do in GRAW. It would be nice for instance to be able to lob a grenade over the other side of a wall I'm standing against when an enemy is right on the other side. I can do that in GR1 easily and with precision. Doesn't seem possible in GRAW. The arc you could get on a grenade toss in GR1 is missing from GRAW as well. I've also found that the grenade reticle is rather deceiving. I've bounced quite a few grenades off of objects, ceilings, walls, and so forth that I'm standing next to and died as a result. Something just seems really off with the whole thing. I've learned to adapt of course, but I'd love to see improvements to the whole grenade system bringing things more in line with GR1.

Edited by Low Profile

It would be nice for instance to be able to lob a grenade over the other side of a wall I'm standing against when an enemy is right on the other side. I can do that in GR1 easily and with precision. Doesn't seem possible in GRAW.

I have lobbed a nade over the wall I am standing against (Church Map, Juliette Zone) many a time, you can lob them. :)

Can you tip them over a wall like in GR1 or do they always land quite a bit out on the other side? I've been unable to lob them as accurately as I'd like. Even for longer throws. The accuracy just doesn't seem to be there for me. I'll have to give it another go and see how I make out.

Edited by Low Profile

Can you tip them over a wall like in GR1 or do they always land quite a bit out on the other side? I've been unable to lob them as accurately as I'd like. Even for longer throws. The accuracy just doesn't seem to be there for me. I'll have to give it another go and see how I make out.

I'm not saying the accuracy is that of GR1, it isn't IMO but you can lob over a wall. Push the throw button and do not get ANY of the distance bars, it won't come back down on you.

This is for [GRNET] Apex his nade throwing skills or the lack of are of a major concern to the team, it is therfore suggested that if we do get this area modded, could they add a voice over to announce that Apex is about to throw a nade.

This will give us all time to make sure we are on the other side of the map.

Adding a keybind to roll a grenade instead of throw is not a particularly complicated thing to do and certainly not something that's beyond the scope of a patch. The processes necessary to do so are already in place, it's just a matter of altering what triggers them. Hell, we all have a right mouse button... we use it with the guns, why not with the grenades too. Seems to me it would be a far more user friendly system than the current one is.

Cooking on the other hand is farther out. Requires balancing concerns, how long does it cook for, do you notify the player with a bar or sound when it's about to explode, is it likely to cause many tk's and disrupt general gameplay, is making the throwing system that much more complicated worth the benefits...? Lots of questions to consider.

I've bounced quite a few grenades off of objects, ceilings, walls, and so forth that I'm standing next to and died as a result.

This was one area of GR1 I was hoping would be improved on. I really think we should have the fine tuning control of the actual throw hands down. But as far as the bouncing frags off of things I think GR1 fell short. And it seems GRAW might have it backwards lol. The throw should be precision. The bounce should be random. Unless your country has grenades that are perfectly spherical of course. But throwing a grenade from 40m and trying to bounce it off drywall...aint gonna happen. And even if the wall you are trying to bounce off of is armored you should still have a random bounce (possibly even right back towards you if the frag hits the wall just right). If Im wrong feel free to correct me as it wouldnt be the first time and surely not the last :lol: (Just dont tell my woman that or Ill never hear the end of it...)

hey colin, i know its AA, but u mean something like this??

LMAO! Best comic Ive seen all year!

Edited by Psylo.pxs