Your experience in ranked room

Jerri Blank

How's your experience been in ranked rooms? I've had the game since release day and only this weekend have I spent much time playing in ranked rooms. My experiences have been mostly negative because, my Lord, there are a LOT of a-holes out there in Xbox Live land. Most of them will kick you from the room if you're not a 6 or better (I went from 1 to 3 since last night). The ones who let you stay will stack teams against you.

I have so many cool people on my friends list - where are the people like that among the random strangers?

jb

I flirted briefly with adversarial modes, but I also found "Teamplay" in solo games and some other really unsporting players......

This didn't seem so bad with previous GR offerings, but I think the current maps make this sort of behaviour easier for those who don't want to play fair....... even in player matches

How's your experience been in ranked rooms? I've had the game since release day and only this weekend have I spent much time playing in ranked rooms. My experiences have been mostly negative because, my Lord, there are a LOT of a-holes out there in Xbox Live land. Most of them will kick you from the room if you're not a 6 or better (I went from 1 to 3 since last night). The ones who let you stay will stack teams against you.

I have so many cool people on my friends list - where are the people like that among the random strangers?

jb

Use the team stacking against you. They may be good but you can get good as well at the games. When they stack a bunch of 1's against a bunch of 6's it's your job to show the 6's how it's done. Make them loose rank because of it and they will think once before doing it again, I say once because they don't think about it now they just do it to win.

well, i am a redstorm fan, but i cannot for the life of me figure out why they decided to go with a player hosted ranked room. basically it gives the host of the room all the control and although it is not the end all be all, in decideing who will win the match, they can definitely stack the odds against the lower ranked people. I believe, the ranked game should be done halo style, taking the options away from the players.

One problem is that it is a team concept game, so I have friends that want to play ranked, but also want to play with all our friends who play together as a team on one side.

The problem this represents is it does end up as a "team stacking" situation because the other people who enter the room will most likely be strangers.

They do need a system to allow teams to match up against each other that is easier to use than a clan challenge system (which isn't available yet for GRAW anyway).

I don't want to say a "party" system ala Halo 2 is the answer, but I am beginning to think something along those lines may help.

jb

I hate ranked games, i keep getting kicked out because i'm doing good :angry: .

I've jumped into rooms with two players only to have the game launched with me on O and the other two guys on D. Then I realize that there are only smoke grenades on. :wall:

D stands in the base and you can't take it. :angry::o=

Drop from the room, lose points...Stay in the room, lose points. :wall:

Hense the reason why I don't play ranked rooms any more. But I'll still take out any level 25 that comes my way.

I've jumped into rooms with two players only to have the game launched with me on O and the other two guys on D. Then I realize that there are only smoke grenades on. :wall:

D stands in the base and you can't take it. :angry::o=

Drop from the room, lose points...Stay in the room, lose points. :wall:

Hense the reason why I don't play ranked rooms any more. But I'll still take out any level 25 that comes my way.

Hey "beonder" :lol: , welcome to GR.net :thumbsup: