GR:AW Mission Briefing Audio Problem

anyone else got a problem with the sound of the videos in the top right? i cant hear what my mission objectives are or the general and news reports. i have a realtek alc882 with my aw8-max which sounds great, but i cant hear the damn objectives!

Even if you hack an xml, you won't be able to raise the gain on the video feed audio individually.

The video feeds are b!nk-files which I, despite being the sounddesigner for the PC version, had no control over - we got them straight from the 360 version.

When we realized that the audio in the B!nk-files was too weak, it was too late to raise the gain of the audio in them - we were forced to lower the sound of everything but the B!nk-files, in order to have the video feed audio come across as louder than it was.

Edited by Colin

I have a Creative SB X-Fi pumping through a set of 5.1 Klipsch and the sound is INSANE!!! AWESOME!!! BEST EVER!!! LOVE THE SOUND!!! In both MP and SP...I can't say more about the sound. I'm not audiofile, but I love the sound.

The only thing I don't like about the sound, is all the debris I kick around all over the place...I think it was a little over kill. If you were going to have that much debris, I would like to see at least a few of the citizens that left that crap all over the place. :grin1:

Edited by Druac_Blaise

I was having this problem too. After literally hours of looking for a solution, I fixed it by raising the 'wave' volume in the advanced section of the sounds and audio devices options, accessable from the control panel. The Bink videos from the 360 version use that while everything else uses the overall volume slider.

I guess you could try increasing some of the other volume sliders, as your soundcard may have the offending one labelled differently to mine.

I found the right one by starting the game in windowed mode and altering the sliders while one of the videos was playing.

Even if you hack an xml, you won't be able to raise the gain on the video feed audio individually.

The video feeds are b!nk-files wich I, despite being the sounddesigner for the PC version, had no control over - we got them straight from the 360 version. When we audio in the B!nk-files was too weak, it was too late to raise the gain of the audio in them - we we forced to lower the sound of everything but the B!nk-files, in order to have the video feed audio come across as louder than it was.

Whoever passed that to you guys should have been shot on sight! :g_guns: Golden rule ... everything highest then mix lower if needed. What a shame to have to turn down things to compensate for levels of one set of something becuase it was already packed ... bet you were climbing the walls to have to do that!

• 2 weeks later...

GR:AW Mission Briefing Audio Problem

I have a problem with my sound while playing CO-OP and even in SP. For the most part, I hear everything. I just have problems hearing the mission briefing and news reels. I can hear them but they are almost drowned out by the sound of the helicopter and APC (during inserts). I even have the same exact problem with my TeamSpeak (while in the helicopter and APC). However my TeamSpeak only has that problem when I'm in a vehicle heading for insert. The mission briefing, updates and new reels always seem to not play at the "correct" volume.

I have an SB Audigy 2 [9800] card. GR:AW auto detects it just fine. The Audio is set to 'High" and I have my music volume dialed all the way down to the left (set to zero). The EAX is of course checked (on). I only use a headset and mic when I'm playing. I use the MEDUSA 5.1 Surround Headset (non USB version). It connects directly to my sound card. I also have my EAX Console Speaker Settings on 5.1 surround.

GRINs please help me out here. I can't believe that this problem is related to my sound card or my headset, but I had to mention my audio hardware.

[Merged into existing thread]

• 1 month later...

Does anyone else have a hearing what the mission breifing is while riding in the APC or helo?

The engine Noise is soo ###### lowd, all i see is the video and VRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRrr is all i hear.. I do not see a Slider on the Sound menu for VOICE.. and if i turn the other sliders up it makes it worse.. I know its not really important.. but it would be nice to get the idea..

Anyone know where the Voice control volume level is at?

Is it on a seperate track? like WAVE or Synth?

[Merged into existing thread]

Edited by Pave Low

The video feeds are b!nk-files which I, despite being the sounddesigner for the PC version, had no control over - we got them straight from the 360 version. When we realized that the audio in the B!nk-files was too weak, it was too late to raise the gain of the audio in them - we we forced to lower the sound of everything but the B!nk-files, in order to have the video feed audio come across as louder than it was.