Favorite all around weapon?

I personally prefer the MR-C, with GL and sight. Might not be the most powerful, but you'll need to get those extra rounds downrange when the rebels crawl out of the woodwork. The AI also seems to be rather proficient with this weapon, above all others. Mind you, Allen always gets his M99. His voice DEMANDS the M99.

I like the scar l with grip and silencer :)

or just the m8 vanilla in domination. (although its actually the friendliest gun to mod).

oh and btw the frontgrip does give better zoomspeed as does the reddots, there are negative sides though.

What do you mean by zoom speed?

Also, does a silencer help make the weapon more stable like many people say?

By zoomspeed I mean the time it takes to bring the sights up (default second mousebutton) this is also effected by your stamina. For instance try to zoom fully rested in prone with the glock and then try it with scar-h with grenadelanucher standing up after a long sprint. (yes your stance also effects your zoomspeed, though this is pretty different from weapon to weapon.)

By zoomspeed I mean the time it takes to bring the sights up (default second mousebutton) this is also effected by your stamina. For instance try to zoom fully rested in prone with the glock and then try it with scar-h with grenadelanucher standing up after a long sprint. (yes your stance also effects your zoomspeed, though this is pretty different from weapon to weapon.)

Good to know, thanks.

But what about silencers?

Do they actually make a weapon more stable like many people claim???

Good to know, thanks.

But what about silencers?

Do they actually make a weapon more stable like many people claim???

According to this, yes.

And Small Arms Magazine

And correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm not convinced that the silencer *actually* has an effect in the game, either. It might just be the gui.

Edited by Scubaman3D

The game says that a silencer does nothing to help stable a weapon.

I would like to confirm it one way or another from GRIN, but maybe they are not sure themselves, because they havent replied to this question.

Edited by Blaster

I started using the SCAR-L at first. I then started to feel strange about never having to be careful about my ammo use. When using the SCAR-L every tango is firing 5.56 rounds, just kill them and take their magazines. At first this started to feel very cool, but then it started to feel very arcade like (no challenge).

I then took up the SCAR-H as my weapon of choice. Now I had to make my shots count. It would seem that no tangos carry 7.62 rounds. For me this just makes my CO-OP play even more enjoyable and enhances the immersive qualities of GR:AW.

silent_op

I prefer the SCAR-H + GL + Aimpoint. Nice versatility, as well as the 7.62mm round. Gives me that opprotunity to take out my target with only 2 rounds, which is something that always gets me killed in CS. My heavy AA experience always makes me stop firing after I see my 2 M4 rounds land, yet I know in my mind the ###### still isn't dead yet.

I started using the SCAR-L at first. I then started to feel strange about never having to be careful about my ammo use. When using the SCAR-L every tango is firing 5.56 rounds, just kill them and take their magazines. At first this started to feel very cool, but then it started to feel very arcade like (no challenge).

I'm beginning to thing the same. Kill to guys then run over their guns to get the ammo. Felt like a failure if I finished a mission without at least 10 clips :P At the moment I use SCAL-L with GL (started with the hand grip, but moved onto launcher once i got used to recoil). Combat sight and extra frags.

Dont like the p90-lookin weapon at all. SAW is out of the question so that just leaves the sniper rifle or the xm8.

If it was possible to take the sniper rifle, m8 compact AND extra sniper rifle bullets, then that would be my choice. As it stands, i'm just gonna move onto the SCAR-H with hand grip and then SCAR H with GL + extra mags

I totally agree Silent_Op,

I was gonna post sumthin to that effect but you beat me to it. :yes:

I was just explaining to my neighbor (and fellow GR player) that I'm a realism freak (as if ANY game could EVER simulate ACTUAL combat). But while scavenging ammo off dead tangos is all good, I would love to see a tactical shooter, like GRAW, make players use a little more 'ammo management', and do away with the 'auto-condensing' clips. Meaning, if you reload with 5 rounds left in the clip, there should only be 5 rounds left in that clip.

If you are 'reload monkey', and reload after every couple bursts it wouldnt be long before u had a bunch of 1\4 full clips. Sure you might have 3 clips left, but if they only have a few rounds each...well, "This could get ugly." :unsure:

Real soldiers are hyper concious of this. Now, I own several guns, and i can combine 2, 1/2 full, 30 round clips in about 15 seconds (we raced). Now thats not bad, for sitting on my couch, but that would be an ETERNITY in a real firefight. :hmm:

:offtopic:

:oops:

Hehe, oh yea, I like the MR-C w/scope. :gun:

Buying weapons is just plain dumb. Don't get me wrong I love the game and I see the point with the supply lines in Domination. But damn, when the US Army goes out to battle does each soldier have to buy there own rifle? I just hope weapons buying is not in TDM when it arrives, or at least an option to turn it off.

Don't you mean to say "if TDM arrives?"

After playing domination more than ~30h i can say that my favorite weapon is M8 without modifications. In my opinion it is most accurate and has pretty decent stoping power. I buy other weapons from time to time.I like SAW for its SOUND and POWER ! :support: