Third Person Mod

thnx for the support, Fred!

I've figured out another way to show the head, there was actually no need to access this human.dxe file..

but now it may block your view sometimes when you peek to the right with zoom and keep moving, I may try to tweak the camera more(move it a bit higher maybe) but I think it's playable already...

it seems that to really fix ALL of the problems someone would need to bind certain keys to camera controls. For examle someone could script the camer to go to scope view when you press rmb and it would fix the head clipping. and MAYBE it is impossible without a decompiler. Perhaps someone else would continue on from here :) ?

http://img65.imageshack.us/img65/817/head1lo5.jpg

http://img59.imageshack.us/img59/739/head2rc7.jpg

http://img232.imageshack.us/img232/3540/head4wg0.jpg

head3et3.jpg

I've slightly changed ghost_kirkland.xml and then renamed it to ghost_lead.xml and to my surprise it has worked...

anyway here are the files, you may see for yourself

http://www.ghostaholic.com/datas/users/9629-local.rar

(upgrade scar with grenade launcher(GL) otherwise the camera won't work properly)

Edited by tps

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i've made a little update to the camera, it's a bit higher now and it may look a bit less cool since you see less of your character but I think it is really better for the gameplay, and the head won't block your view as much when you zoom+ peek right.

the main problems still are

you need to use certain guns (Scar with GL) and you don't see a crosshair when you zoom... but that's pretty much it

9ge6.jpg

files

http://www.ghostaholic.com/datas/users/9629-local2.rar

Edited by tps

UGH! Nevermind, this is the best attempt yet, but it is pretty unplayable in it's current form, the camera just will not stay still, when I go to run the camera goes insides of Mitchelle and every time I shoot the camera goes all wacky, but hey atleast we have a head now!

Edited by farkiller

thanx for the feedback far_killer :)

but this is strange... when i shoot the camera always does exactly the same thing... it zooms to the gun, it doesn't go "wacky". if THIS makes the game unplayable for you I think it could be turned off

i've uploaded a small vid, I shoot most of the bad guys with zoom but I've added slow motion when I shoot them without zooming, it turned out rather nice imho, are we talking about the same thing?

also

the camera goes to first person when you run, I really don't care that much about it but I can see how it could be a problem if you prefer to run around most of time...

As I've said the camera isn't perfect

Edited by tps

but this is strange... when i shoot the camera always does exactly the same thing... it zooms to the gun, it doesn't go "wacky". if THIS makes the game unplayable for you I think it could be turned off

i've uploaded a small vid, I shoot most of the bad guys with zoom but I've added slow motion when I shoot them without zooming, it turned out rather nice imho, are we talking about the same thing?

also

the camera goes to first person when you run, I really don't care that much about it but I can see how it could be a problem if you prefer to run around most of time...

Yeah TPS it's great! But I just REALLY want a Xbox 360 GRAW camera system. And also Mitchelle looks so awesom when he runs, the animation is sweet, I just would like to see it, mabey there is a way to make the camera stay in one spot? You know like lock it in place mabey? I dunno but I am just so glad that we FINALLY have a head now! I hope you keep up the good work and continue to improve this mod!

also

Is there a way to make it not zoom to the gun every time I shoot? That would be great, because I am a spray and pray kind of player, and I shoot ALOT, it gets me kinda dizzy going in and out, in and out every time I shoot, lol! Edited by farkiller

I am working on a different, better camera setup right now :)

I haven't seen how xbox360 camera works, but I've found a way to make it not zoom when you shoot and you would see the character run and sliding animations, peeking would still work, it would work with almost all guns... sounds good?

it is almost done just needs a bit of tweaking, It will shake a bit when you reload and switch weapons though but I think it's not a big problem.. you would probably like the new version...

Edited by tps

here is a small vid to better illustrate this new camera, I am still tweaking it but you can see that it works really well

I've figured out a much better way to control the camera with local offset but without its disadvantages,

Edited by tps

I received some requests to share the files so here they are, I couldn't reply sooner because I had to sleep :)

http://www.ghostaholic.com/datas/users/9629-local3.rar

I would like to test some other ideas but I don't have the time so I post what I have at the moment.

it works with

m8 carbine

scar l + front grip

scar h + front grip

g18

m8 compact

the character will move to the left side of the screen when you run, I will try to fix this later. I would like to know If you have any problems

Edited by tps

I am truly impressed, this is spectacualr! You should work for GRIN This makes single player ALOT easier and alot funner, I love seeing my character, and being able to see arond corners before I move in, The only thing I would recommend is to lower the camera just a bit, it seems a little too high, but other than that great job!

Edited by farkiller

moved camera a bit, I think it is more comfortable to play now

files

http://www.ghostaholic.com/datas/users/9629-localnew2.rar

anyway you can always use previous settings if you like... I personally like this camera the most, the only disadvantage is that scar h will shake a bit when you shoot but you can just not use it, scar l and m8 carbine works great

some more screens

4xn2.jpg

7kj2.jpg

Edited by tps