1 gig single stick ram

x850xt

Soundblaster Live 24

was thinking about:

extra 1 gig stick ram enable dual channel

500w psu

x1800xt

is my processor slow? i thought 3.0 was descent

ur psu doesnt really come into play im not familiar with intels exactly but i think 420 is ok, i dont really think thats a bad system, i guess if u did upgrade to a better card thatd be good, and upping memory is cheaper, however i think this game is taxing on alot of setups

420w PSU

3.0 P4

sata HD

1 gig single stick ram

x850xt

Soundblaster Live 24

was thinking about:

extra 1 gig stick ram enable dual channel

500w psu

x1800xt

is my processor slow? i thought 3.0 was descent

I Found that this game hardly uses CPU power compared to GPU. I even done a test bringing my 2.8gig to 1.4 or somthink like that and had no effect on the game what so ever. I have the X800XT and can not run the game without bad frame rates on med to low settings but had res at 1280 x 1024 which IMO is the min you need to have the game looking fair. The extra gig of ram is a good investment and would recomend 2 gig for current games. X1800XT should do alot better but have seen some still only getting pitifull frame rates. Id wait till the game has a patch. If all other games work great on your pc then its not your pc that needs upgrading its the game engine in GRAW.

Edited by daztrek

i actually get the same FPS no matter what options are enabled or what res

Same here. I can even put 16x AF all on high and still 22-37fps. Of corse puting res down to 800 x 600 and post effects to off has a big effect but graphics look worse than GR1. pmsl.

To back up what I was saying about your upgrade Im playing BF2 at 1280 x 1024 full settings on best. The extra gig made the game smooth as hell. BF2 on these settings looks stunning.

Now if BF2 has all these men running about and hellys in the sky fighting and my pc is running very very well then says to me dont upgrade your pc yet.

GRAW issues will get sorted.

Edited by daztrek

i'm playing on my lappy with 1.7ghz centrino, 1gb ram and geforce go 6800. i'm running the game on 1024x768 with med settings w/o dynamic lights and shadows (no aa/af). i didnt notice too much fps-drops, but ordered a new rig just yesterday (3700+, 2gb ram, x1800xt 512mb). i just want to play with more eyecandy turned on, so....

weird, i thought, that you should run the game pretty well with your config. did you tweak any of the xmls?

i'm playing on my lappy with 1.7ghz centrino, 1gb ram and geforce go 6800. i'm running the game on 1024x768 with med settings w/o dynamic lights and shadows (no aa/af). i didnt notice too much fps-drops, but ordered a new rig just yesterday (3700+, 2gb ram, x1800xt 512mb). i just want to play with more eyecandy turned on, so....

weird, i thought, that you should run the game pretty well with your config. did you tweak any of the xmls?

There where a few tweaks I copied and pasted in and made no difference to mine?

There where a few tweaks I copied and pasted in and made no difference to mine?

i was referring to any tweaks you applied that may slow down the system instead of accelerating it.....but if you didnt notice any difference to the initial xml-config.......hmmm. :unsure:

i do notice an increase or decrease of fps when i change some options ingame. especially the res, shadows, lights and af.

To back up what I was saying about your upgrade Im playing BF2 at 1280 x 1024 full settings on best.  The extra gig made the game smooth as hell.  BF2 on these settings looks stunning.

Now if BF2 has all these men running about and hellys in the sky fighting and my pc is running  very very well then says to me dont upgrade your pc yet.

GRAW issues will get sorted.

daztrek is absolutely correct........this response should be pinned I think. The issues will be sorted out.... :grin1:

Fresh

ur psu doesnt really come into play

His PSU will come into play, though, if he buys the power hungry X1800XT. Then, a PSU upgrade would be in order.

Moetzer, I've been telling you to go to 2GB of RAM all week, and you're still asking? Don't trust me? ;);):)

I overclocked my x1800xt 512mb and my 4000+ san diego and my memory to have much better framerate in GRAW :grin1: . I can now play the demo with highest settings and 4X Anisotropic filtering and 1024x768@60hz resolution. But it gets a bit hot in this room, haha.

Hey, I Just bought GRAW, but I have a Centrino 1.73Ghz. You said it works? Here's what I have. Please tell me if it will wor kand any links that might help me, before I open the package. (Then I wont be able to return it.)

please help.

Toshiba Satellite M70-FE5 - 1.73Ghz

512 RAM

256MB Dedicated Video (not shared) - ATI MOBILITY RADEON X700

New as of January 1/06

Shader 2.0

Will it work?

ur psu doesnt really come into play

His PSU will come into play, though, if he buys the power hungry X1800XT. Then, a PSU upgrade would be in order.

Moetzer, I've been telling you to go to 2GB of RAM all week, and you're still asking? Don't trust me? ;);):)

im getting:

500w aspire psu, 1 gig ram, x1800xt

Is there a x1800 crossfire edition? I can't find it anywhere

ya the best way to upgrade is mem, its cheaper than everything else (usually) and it often helps quite abit. if this game is very heavy on the GPU well unless they fix it then i wont be playing much after i beat it. its a chore to play now as it is and its all new to me.

I can't even play on MP because of the ports.