Modding existing weapons

well i dont know if anyone got the SCARL L and the sniperscope to work but if somone did that i have one more way, what i did was to go in to the \Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter\data\weapons\u_addons.xml and copy the lines for the sniperscope and add those lines again at the bottom of the NON-IRON SIGHTS section, after that i renamed the sniper_scope$name_ext" to "sniper_scope2$name_ext" so that add a sniperscope and then set the anim_name to combatsight insted of scopesight

the second part you have to do is to open the \Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter\data\lib\managers\xml\mod_data.xml in that file copy the existing scope mod folder and change the mod_id and the unit_name, in my case it was unit_name = sniper_scope2 and mod_id = 18

I dont have a name at the scope when you select it before the mission but in the mission it works fine, no centerproblems or anything like that, i tried to get an aimpoint to the SAW, i manage to place the model at the saw but cant aim with it guess you have to do in a similar way as above but i cant find the SAW ironsight, my guess is that the ironsight of the saw is implented in the model.

sorry for the spelling, my english isnt the best but i hope you understands me

good work. Can you try this with the EOTECH on the SCAR and see if it works the same way?

I would but I'm at work.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yea i tried it at the EOTECH and it resulted in crash, dont know why but going to keep trying, offcourse didnt i reed the errormessage, managed to add the aimpont and be able to aim with it but the center was way off, now im going to play around with my mates in coop with the SCAR sniper and 10round M99 so the moding will goes on later.

Then rezero it :P

j/k

I tried the Crye weapon last night. It's broke now. But I can live with that. I never used it anyway.

are you experiencing the same problem?

You mean about it not being zeroed?

Yeah. I was very bummed this morning when I tried to play a mission with it. Bullet impact was about 1/3 the way from the bottom of glass to the reticule circle.

I'm going to play with it some more tomorrow night. Tonight I'm going to be busy.

I manage to add sniperscopes to SCAR-H and SCAR-L, tried to do the same thing with EOTECH but i didnt work, the game crashes when you select the sight in the weaponselection, i dont have any names or corect icons for the sniper sights yet but that will come and dont try to add the scope to M8 it wont work, its look kinda weard but thats not the big problem, when you bring up the scope to aim you wont se anything else than black, you cant for some reason look thru the sight and i think thats becuase the sight is placed to far at the back at the weapon so the eye come to close to the sight.

here is the sniperscope to the SCARs and in the XML files there is preperd for the EOTECH the same way as the sniperscopes, Use at your own risk and do whatever you want with them

SCAR Sniperscopes

Edited by veneratio

I manage to add sniperscopes to SCAR-H and SCAR-L, tried to do the same thing with EOTECH but i didnt work, the game crashes when you select the sight in the weaponselection, i dont have any names or corect icons for the sniper sights yet but that will come and dont try to add the scope to M8 it wont work, its look kinda weard but thats not the big problem, when you bring up the scope to aim you wont se anything else than black, you cant for some reason look thru the sight and i think thats becuase the sight is placed to far at the back at the weapon so the eye come to close to the sight.

here is the sniperscope to the SCARs and in the XML files there is preperd for the EOTECH the same way as the sniperscopes, Use at your own risk and do whatever you want with them

SCAR Sniperscopes

I am able to add the EOTECH to my SCARs, no problem...and it does work, but is off center. You have to add the crye_combatsight to the possible mods of the SCARs in the weapons_data.xml

Next, you have to add a line <depends_on unit="crye_combat_sight$name_ext"/> in the weapon.xml file. You also have to change the animation type of the EOTECH from "crye_combatsight" to "combatsight" in u_addons.xml

well tested to add crye_combatsight2 to possible mods, i could select it and aim with it but its off center, i think that when you aim he actualy moves the weapon up to the eye with the EOTECH therefore you get an offset from the center, the sniperscope may be scriped so therefore it always ends up in the center of the screen or maybe its a little offset but it is so little that you wont notice.

played around with the grenadeluanchers, changed the clipsize so it got semiautomatic but i couldnt get it to change firemodes to auto and burst, tried and tried but no progress, well it was kinda good with semiauto to :g_guns:

SCAR Sniperscopes

So you just unrar that to the gui folder, right?

nope

Create a folder in your GRAW folder named local, unrar the english folder into the local folder and then your done, you can also copy the gui folder into the englishfolder and run with the bundle without unpacking anything, the mods will run anyway.

It was explained in another thred on this forum that GRAW reads from language folder in the localfolder if there is one.

Thanks, man. You rock.

So I figured out the solution to your naming problem.

stringsdisp.jpg

You have to edit C:\Program Files\Ubisoft\Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter\local\english\Strings\mods.xml

Here is mine:

<stringset>

<!-- Mods -->

<string id="mod_sniper_scope" value="US Optics SN-3"/>

<string id="mod_sniper_scope2" value="US Optics SN-3"/>

<string id="mod_barrett_bipod" value="Bipod"/>

<string id="mod_silencer_secondary" value="Silencer"/>

<string id="mod_crye_ironsights" value="Ironsight"/>

<string id="mod_crye_combatsight" value="Eotech 551"/>

<string id="mod_crye_combatsight2" value="Eotech 551"/>

<string id="mod_crye_grenade_launcher" value="GL"/>

<string id="mod_m8_ironsight" value="Ironsight"/>

<string id="mod_silencer_primary" value="Silencer"/>

<string id="mod_eglm" value="GL"/>

<string id="mod_aimpoint" value="AimPoint M68 CCO"/>

<string id="mod_aimpoint2" value="AimPoint M68 CCO"/>

<string id="mod_scar_ironsight" value="Ironsight"/>

<string id="mod_scar_tactical_grip" value="Front Grip"/>

<string id="mod_scar_grenade_launcher" value="GL"/>

<string id="mod_scarh_tactical_grip" value="Front Grip"/>

<string id="mod_scarh_grenade_launcher" value="GL"/>

<string id="mod_m8_combatsight" value="Combatsight"/>

</stringset>

Next I'll get the XM8 sight working, I can call it the ISM or IOSS depending on if it is the XM8 PCAP mount or Picatinny mount

IOSS.jpg

Edited by Mig1

Eotech is still off center. But the scope works right thanks to the files I downloaded from this thread.

Haven't tried the XM8 sight yet.

Haven't tried the SAW/Aimpoint yet. I've been giving it to my team gunner. It seams to help him.

Well, I am having one problem with the scope. For some reason the character keeps unzooming. I mean, I pull up the scope, and if I don't hold down right-mouse then he puts the scope back down. Sometimes it stays up, sometimes it doesn't.

SCAR Sniperscopes

Hi veneration and all that have done so much work on this topic.

The SCAR Sniperscopes XML that is avaialable for downlod is not woriking. Is is possible to look at it and see what is up, I would really like to use it.

Have followed the instructins in this thread and have managed to changed things here and there but the SniperScope mod is just not working for me :wall:

Thanks and keep up the great work.

Ross

Hi,

I have a question with these lines(below) in both u_scar L and H, for each line which is better the number that I type in higher or lower and for which line is higher or lower better?

<!-- Moddable stats -->

<var name="damage" value="2"/> <!-- weapon damage + mods affect this -->

<var name="weight" value="2"/> <!-- weapon weight + mods affect this -->

<var name="stability" value="0.8"/> <!-- weapon stability + mods affect this -->

I also notice that when firing the scar H or L if you do not have a good grip on your mouse to keep the firing steady everything starts to go up and goes up quickly. Is there a setting for this so it does not do this when firing.

Thanks,

ghstbstr

Edited by ghstbstr

Well, I am having one problem with the scope. For some reason the character keeps unzooming. I mean, I pull up the scope, and if I don't hold down right-mouse then he puts the scope back down. Sometimes it stays up, sometimes it doesn't.

I believe this is a game option, is it possible your settings got switched somehow?

Hi,

I have a question with these lines(below) in both u_scar L and H, for each line which is better the number that I type in higher or lower and for which line is higher or lower better?

<!-- Moddable stats -->

<var name="damage" value="2"/> <!-- weapon damage + mods affect this -->

<var name="weight" value="2"/> <!-- weapon weight + mods affect this -->

<var name="stability" value="0.8"/> <!-- weapon stability + mods affect this -->

I also notice that when firing the scar H or L if you do not have a good grip on your mouse to keep the firing steady everything starts to go up and goes up quickly. Is there a setting for this so it does not do this when firing.

Thanks,

ghstbstr

the moddable stats are also affected by the addons stats

i.e. gun weight + scope weight + GL = lots of weight

i.e. gun stability + grip = more stability

so, the hight the number the higher the effect...

making the the damage higher is good, making the stability higher is good, making the weight higher is bad, ;) keep in mind the stats for your addons also...

edit: also note that the stats you change won't effect what the stats look like in the inventory screen, but don't worry the modded stats are there and work in the game while playing...

Edited by The Ossus Keeper

I changed my u_scar L & H fire mode and weight and stability and damage through the xml for each, but how and where do I change the information on the inventory screen to show the changes that I did?

Thanks,

ghstbstr

lib\managers\xml\weapon_data.xml

making the the damage higher is good, making the stability higher is good, making the weight higher is bad, ;) keep in mind the stats for your addons also...

Nope, got stability backwards. A lower stability number is higher stability in the game. Don't ask me why but when I gave the saw a 10, it was unusable. If you give it a 0, its MUCH better. The SCAR L has a stability value of 0.85 and is one of the more stable weapons to fire in the game.

I changed my u_scar L & H fire mode and weight and stability and damage through the xml for each, but how and where do I change the information on the inventory screen to show the changes that I did?

Thanks,

ghstbstr

Hi ghstbstr,

The gui element of the weapon files are edited from the file weapon_data.xml, location as follows

C:\Program Files\Ubisoft\Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter\Data\lib\managers\xml

screenshot of Beretta weapon xml

image-011.jpg

The bar_stats section displays the white bar in the inventory screen, it does not change the actual weapon values. If you change for example the accuracy in the bar_stats section from 0.2 to 1.0 ( 100%) the accuracy bar will be at maximum but the gun will not be any more accurate.

The accuracy, recoil etc for each weapon is set in its relevant xml file in the location

C:\Program Files\Ubisoft\Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter\Data\units\weapons

The default number of clips that is available for each weapon, including grenades, is set in the following file

C:\Program Files\Ubisoft\Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter\Data\sb_templates\sb_inventory_data.xml

Hope this helps.

Regards ...

paulkel

Where is the zeus located in the game files, I have looked and can't find it.

I want to change some settings, like the weight and I would also like that to show in the inventory screen as well.

Thanks again,

ghstbstr

In the weapons files the Zeus is called the Predator

check out this link

http://www.designation-systems.net/dusrm/app4/sraw.html

Regards ...

paulkel

Where is the zeus located in the game files, I have looked and can't find it.

I want to change some settings, like the weight and I would also like that to show in the inventory screen as well.

Thanks again,

ghstbstr

In the weapons files the Zeus is called the Predator

check out this link

http://www.designation-systems.net/dusrm/app4/sraw.html

Regards ...

paulkel

Okay I found it , but how do I change the weight for in-game play as there is nothing there to change like with the other weapons?

I know now how to change the weight on the inventory screen after your help on the other weapons.

Thanks again,

ghstbstr