Dual Core

Nope it doesnt use your dual cores, but as quake (i believe) has a dual patch they might release one for graw too.

Although im not certain if a ptch can fully make it dual core...........don't they have to script that in from the bottom ?

I hope they release a patch as im runnig X2 too here.

-M-

Well now I have bought a +3800 AMD single core so the question is settled for me now.

Why would you do that? Games are going to be programmed for dual core, quad-core, etc. in the very near future, and your single core is going to be behind quite a bit when you could have spent a few more dollars (like $10 maybe?) and gotten a dual core.

Well now I have bought a +3800 AMD single core so the question is settled for me now.

Why would you do that? Games are going to be programmed for dual core, quad-core, etc. in the very near future, and your single core is going to be behind quite a bit when you could have spent a few more dollars (like $10 maybe?) and gotten a dual core.

I would comapre speedwise and then a

Dual-Core "Manchester" 90nm 4600+ 2.4GHz

is more at the same speed as a

Venice 90nm 3800+ 2.4GHz.

The difference in price between them is more like 350$.

I could of course compare with slower Dual Core processors to get less difference in price between dual and single core, but I don't see the point with that.

At same nominal speed the DC are faster of course (if DC is supported), but there is a lot of money you put in for that little extra.

Edited by JASGripen