Consciences ATI or NVIDIA

Not sure if this is the right place or not .. but...

I am going to upgrade my PC... anyone have experiince with the Demo on which card seems to work better?

I just think of games like DOOM 3 and Quake = NVIDIA

Games like HL2 and Counter strike work better with ATI..

Any conclusion yet on the best card to get in terms of performance with the DEMO????

Any feed back would be greatly apprichated.. thanks...

Irish Stout

i'm not sure, but I can tell you the majority of games I play are made for nVidia. I thought this one was supposed to be to, but if it comes out it's made for ATI I have a harder upgrade decision to make. I've been thinking nVidia since not many games are made for ati.

The demo had an ATI logo displaying at the start. Nuff said.

Yes, and UT2004 has an Nvidia logo yet it runs the same on ATI cards.

A lot of times games are just "branded" w/ a certain logo because they'll get kickbacks for doing so. Like Intel having a bunch of COD2 advertisments, yet COD2 ran best on AMDs.

But.. What seems to be the best choice? I need to upgrade and i want to get the right card :D

AMD64 3000+

MSI K8TNeo (AGP)

Ati Radeon 9800 Pro 128 mb

Should i get a PCI mobo and PCI videocard? Or a very good 512 AGP card (which i cant really find)? Any advice?

But.. What seems to be the best choice? I need to upgrade and i want to get the right card :D

AMD64 3000+

MSI K8TNeo (AGP)

Should i get a PCI mobo and PCI videocard? Or a very good 512 AGP card (which i cant really find)? Any advice?

If ATI paid you 1 million dollars to use that ad in your game (or with the right price) you'd do it too. lol

I think ATI cards are running a lot better. I have an X850 XT and my game runs perfectly. Two people consistently play with me, the one has a 7800 GTX and the other 6800's. Both run worse than my X850 at the same settings.

AMD64 3000+

MSI K8TNeo (AGP)

I have a similar PC like you (AMD64 3200+ / Asus K8V Deluxe / ATI Radeon 9800XT 256Mb/ 2 Gig Corsair XMS 3200PC LL Pro)

You also have a motherboard that only supports AGP vid cards. If you're only planning to buy a new AGP video card than the Gainward Bliss 7800GS+ 512MB is the best option atm (I believe Rocky has this gfx card). Its an AGP card but its standard clocked way higher than a normal 7800GS card, and has almost the same values as an 7900GT card.

000267273.jpg

More info here:

http://www.pureoverclock.com/story665.html

http://www.gainward.net/products/product.php?products_id=48

ps. If your budget isn't so high you could go for a standard 7800GS or for an ATI X850XT.

Edited by FuryTM

Thanks Fury

I was thinking about that one actually, and i saw Rocky had that one yes. That's the reason i started to look into it because i noticed it was a AGP card.

If Rocky is reading this, can you post some "benchmarks". Maybe you can see how well GRAW runs with fraps's benchmarking tool, it checks your average fps i believe.

At the moment i have 30'ish fps at lowest possible settings :)

It seems not been made clear enough:

I have a GF7900GT Extreme 250 Mb, i changed everything to HIGH and it looks LOTS better, and I also see 'high' selected in my GFX options. And the game is super smooth at 1200x1000 at 85Hz refresh

Just too many 'FAQs' say you must have a 512 Mg card... :blink: