New GRAW write up at 1 UP with pics

OPSIXDELTA

But did you notice the 60% complete portion? Can a game that's been worked on for this long and now only 60% ready be done by February? You have to wonder if the February date will hold, esp. since February is a slow month for sales given the after-Christmas doldrums.

Edited by X_Hamilton_X

Oh dear. Did you notice this in the left margin of the preview by Kimi?

DETAILED INFO FOR

Ghost Recon 3

Release Date: 04/15/2006 :wall:

# of Players: 16

Looks like February nor March may see GR3. And yes, we want them to get the game right but it's quite likely that if the game is pushed back to April it's at least partly due to sales/profit reasons. The 1st quarter is notoriously bad for sales due the after effects of the Christmas spending frenzy and very few good games get released in the 1st three months of the year.

er Kimi. I assume your a man but er . . . you have a lovely name, a pink lotus for a sig pic, and a hot Asian babe as well.

What gives?

By the way, nice preview. I got a bit worried when you talked about the music in MP but was happy you mentioned it could be turned off.

Right, i haven't much. I get pretty much what i need here at GR.net.

So Kimi is a woman (or is it more polite to say 'female'?). Hmm apart from the thing about male games players getting all excited when they realise a woman is into male type games . . . . . . i'm a bit fascinated by the gender devide when it comes to such passtimes. I mean especially in games or certain game types it's sooooo one sided. I guess it would be safe to say that of the dedicated gamers who played GR1 well into the 99 percentile were male.

I just get sick of people saying that our personalites as males and females are defined because little boys had action men/GI joes shoved onto their hands when they were kids and girls had Barbies. I believe that kind of stuff (nurture) can influence things but nature has by far the biggest impact when it comes to why guys like to blow the hell out of people in games and that bores most girls.

Of course it's interesting when there is the exception, that's why i inquired, i was'nt perving out honest. ;)

Edited by Poita

er Kimi. I assume your a man but er . . . you have a lovely name, a pink lotus for a sig pic, and a hot Asian babe as well.

What gives?

By the way, nice preview.  I got a bit worried when you talked about the music in MP but was happy you mentioned it could be turned off.

Believe me, I am a huge soundwhore as well since I play FPS games competitively (on PC though), but the sound in MP didn't bother me. I was utterly impressed, as well, that they took the time to make the music as such that it will change depending on the action happening.

Thank's Kimster. That's a cool pic.

Im a Brit but i've been living in Korea for three years. I have a pc at home cause i cant stand the smoke in the PC rooms here but when i do go into them i'd say about half the people in there playing games are women. None as hot looking as you though hehe.

Never mind Gr.net organizinga GRAW match with the devs of the game. I'd like a match against Kimi and her friends. :) Damn it would sting to get our asses handed to us by girl players. He he but if that did happen we'd probably end up their love slaves for life.

Could that elusive species of human being actaully exist; a hot babe who can also kick ass at games?

I was utterly impressed, as well, that they took the time to make the music as such that it will change depending on the action happening.

I noticed BF2:MC on the Xbox does something similar. Whenever you jump in a helicopter a new music track starts playing that's pretty cool. It's not too overpowering and you only notice as the helicopter is taking off and then it either fades away or I forget about it due to the action.

1UP: How will the ranking system work?

CA: There's an all-new ranking system for GRAW. It's been totally re-designed with no reference to the GR2 system. Based on player feedback, a lot of people found it confusing [in GR2]. The ranks are real military ranks, however it is based on the country you set. For example, if you identify yourself as a British player, the rank insignia will change based on the country. You can choose American, Canadian, British, French, German, and Italian. Not only is it a simple change, it's part of your player identity. On the leaderboards when you play ranked matches it will have the country flag next to your name, which will possibly foster a bit of country competition.

Why isn't the nation of Japan represented with the ranking system? It's one of the countries thats in the intial launch wave of Xbox 360 and people there have access to a great broadband infastructure. During the Tokyo game show for the XB360, Ghost Recon's trailer was a part of the intial unveiling. Not a good start to welcoming potential new customers in the land of the rising sun to the Ghost Recon franchise.

I'm a bit suprised Australia isn't represented either.

I'm not completely familiar with Night Docks or Day Docks. If you are able to dig up screenshots I can say which map it is more like...  :)

Day Docks was a very small map, about the size of Outpost in GR2:SS. The gameplay lent itself towards assault rifles instead of sniper rifles due to the limited size and obstucted view caused by crates, train cars, buildings, etc. Night Docks was larger and, despite having crates, train cars, and buildings, was more open and had a crane tower that called for at least one sniper (preferably with an M98). The tower overlooked some of the spawns on both sides. Night Docks was also a mission level in the single player game and had a small ship you could board, a large ship you couldn't, and a submarine pen. Both maps had buildings you could enter. Day docks had just one ship you could board and did not appear in the single player game.