My Apologies

Parabellum

One of the few good points about GR2/Xbox is that the body armor performs as it should. Headshots take the bad guy out, when body shots take a couple. Methinks the console peeps are used to (and expect) more arcadish games than the PC crowd does.

The console version isn't a classic like GR was. I've had it a few days and I'm already bored (and disillusioned) with it. Unless they totally revamp it for PC it will always be known as the sequel that failed miserably.

The console version isn't a classic like GR was.  I've had it a few days and I'm already bored (and disillusioned) with it.  Unless they totally revamp it for PC it will always be known as the sequel that failed miserably.

Amen!

I wish everyone who wants a real sequel would pipe up and start making noise. If there is any chance of ever seeing a great sequel it won't be because everybody sat waiting on the edge of their seats. If there is a chance they'll do it right, it'll be because they see that there is a big demand for it. If anyone from redstorm/ubi ever browses this forum, they should see nothing but requests for a strategic sequel true to the premise of the first game.

My apologies to those who want an x-box port. I sincerely hope you're outnumbered and don't get your way, heh heh. But I see too much "I hope they change the body armor" and not enough "What is this a joke?"

This is ghostrecon.net for petes sake. You're all here because you loved the first game. What's the point of keeping this domain name...are you really going to let this site convert to one based on an action shooter that nobody will be playing in three months? If you folks have any clout at all with the devs, you ought to be on a rabid campaign to preserve the integrity of the game and add some continuity to not only our favorite game, but to this website!

On the plus side, after all these years people are still buying/playing/modding GR, and it wouldn't surprise me to see our little "niche" community thrive a while longer. What a kick in the face if we get a console port though.

Speak up people. Let them know what worked for you in the first game and why it is lunacy to abandon it rather than improve on it. Why is there not a petition thread or something?

So para does that mean your going to make a full come back when Ghost recon 2 comes out for PC? :wub:  :clapping:

I have no such plans. There are plenty of other guys out there who are just as imaginative and infinitely more talented than I; I'm sure they'll release more than enough mods for GR2. That is, if RSE provides modding tools.

So para does that mean your going to make a full come back when Ghost recon 2 comes out for PC? :wub:  :clapping:

I have no such plans. There are plenty of other guys out there who are just as imaginative and infinitely more talented than I; I'm sure they'll release more than enough mods for GR2. That is, if RSE provides modding tools.

Ok para this is part where I ether have to choose to put a gun to your head and say "you will come back and mod until you die of old age" or I can pull out the gold pocket watch and hypnotise you :rofl: (BTW I'm just kidding and good lukc with whatever ya do) Edited by Foxtrot