Looking for some advice on RL stuff

WytchDokta

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT!! Shelly txted me!! Haha! She said my colleage, D, just rung her up (that must be where she got my mobile number).

I txt her back asking her if she wanna meet up again this week and go out for a drink or something. She txt back saying yep, and the four of us should all go out for a drink and get to know each other better!!

Problem, my main man D is at work this week and I got the week off work.... This is gonna be one hell of a week. I tell you, as soon as Shelly's text came through, I had the biggest smile on my face I've ever had in my whole life! OMG, I almost fainted!

Lets roll G!!

Hehe, hey I'm winning here....I'll be down the pub friday night at 8:30 with me new girl Shelly (and of course the rest of the crew). I just arranged it. Me and Shelly might go back to my place afterwards to chill. Just chill. Nother more yet, don't wanna push my luck yet....

Any of u guys wanna join us down the pub?

Edited by [Wx] .:Nightmare:.

Anyway, thanx all for all the advice etc. I gonna ring her on her mobile later. I will text her first to ask what would be a good time to ring her up. I'm gonna take it easy to start with, I'm not going to push my luck just yet.

I gonna ring up Jimmer too, see if can come down on friday. I'll be like, "yo kid, this is JD. Wanna mash up the local joint this friday?"

Anyway, I'll keep you guys informed. Want me to keep posting sitreps in this thread, or should I start a new thread?

This may be yet another long post....

Ok, I rung her up, mobile to mobile (more expensive to ring mobiles from a landline, and I got like 140 free minutes [plus 200 free texts] per month on my Sony Ericsson K700i). What I intended to be a short call ended up being 53 minutes long!! And damn, it's amazing what you can learn about someone in the space of an hour. Just hearing her voice again gave me a sigh of relief. And damn, it felt good hearing her voice again and to be talking to her again. There were several moments of silence, when we both had nothing to say (or couldn't think of anything to say). I made her laugh many times and she made me laugh too. I won't go into specific detail about the conversation, but....

It turns out she's actually 19 years old (same age as me). See, this is it, looks can be deceiving. To me she looks about 23-24 years old, I could have sworn she was in her twenties. It wouldn't bother me if she was 23-24 years old because age is just a number.

We were both talking about our jobs. However, I perhaps shouldn't have as I have signed the official secrecies act - I work in a royal naval airbase. I'm not military personnel though, I'm civi (I work as a steward for the WO's and Senior Rates guys - not the best job in the world I know). What goes on at work, stays at work. I probably said to much about the job to her but I trust her (afterall, it's not like one of those jobs where you are not allowed to tell anyone what your job is). I just said that me and D have taken advantage of the fact that our manager is on holiday so we just mess about. Me and him can do that, anyone else would runn off to tell the manager we're messing about. Sometimes me and D make a job that should take half an hour last two hours! (I can't go into specific detail - secrecies act). That said, I am not lazy. I do the housework when I need to. I told Shelly that too.

She says that he's got a car. So have I, but I still need to pass my test -- when I book my test again it will be the fourth attempt at my test!! Unlike Shelly who has passed her test, on the third attempt.

She doesn't like D (my colleage). It was quite funny, she said that D loves himself and found him unattractive. Shelly said that, everyone was looking at him etc. That was because D (having lived in the US for many years) dresses like an American and talks like an American gangsta. She says that she doesn't like it that he keeps referring to some girls as "girl" rather than calling them by their names. I added that he says stuff like "Yo G" (G meaning gangsta in this case - and for the record, I ain't no gangsta), or "Wassup dogg?" to me. Shelly laughed when I told her that. Apparently D rung up her friend and annoyed her (Shelly friend) with some stuff he said. Also, D apparently rung Shelly up on her home number a few times, but she doesn't know where D got her home phone number from.

I arranged to meet up with her tomorrow lunchtime. She's only gets half hour lunch so I'm gonna make sure that it will be a good half hour.

I actually missed my dinner due to ringing her, because I didn't expect to be on the phone very long. Doesn't bother me that I missed my dinner because life goes on!

So yeah, that's the latest sitrep.

Ahhh.... the feeling of meeting someone new. :)

Ain't it great? :D

Calling up girls is, for some reason or another, an odd task for some/most guys. It's very akward.

Congrats on meeting up with someone. I hope things work out, I know what it's like to be talking with someone and then have it fall through. It sucks, but it's part of it.

:thumbsup: Good stuff man

Ok, I'll be meeting her at lunchtime today. She said she was really looking forward meeting me at lunchtime. I told her she will definitely see me at lunchtime today.

It's raining right now. Will still be raining quite heavy at lunchtime. I don't care. I am definitely gonna be there at lunchtime.

Walking, it will take me 10-15 minutes to get into town from here. She only gets half hour lunchbreak. Shelly doesn't know when she will be able to go for her lunch. So she'll hit me up with a txt message when she's on her lunchbreak. When that text message arrives, I'll be heading straight down town....If it takes me 15 minutes to get there then I only get 15 minutes with Shelly.

So I think I'll be down town at 12:30 and wait. Then I get half an hour with her.

I'll keep you lot informed.

Alrighty....

12:32 - I arrived in town. I head down to the monument type thingy which is diagonally across from the salon (at like 160 degree angle). So I wait there. Dunno how long she's gonna be.

12:40 - A tall blonde haired piece comes out of the salon walking towards me. Here we go, that's my girl right there (or is it?). She smiles at me, I smile right back, looking her in the eye, mesmerised.... She's almost reached where I'm at. I'm about to call out "Hey Shell" or something when I realised that this wasn't actually Shell.... it was one of her colleages. This girl is still smiling at me.

Then the conversation begins. It went something along the lines of:

The girl: "Are you waiting for Shell?"

Me: "Yeah"

The girl: "She's very busy at the moment. She says she's sorry she couldn't text you earlier. She's just been really busy"

Me: "No problem. I can wait for her."

The girl is still smiling at me

The girl: "She's going to be quite a while. She will text you later."

Me: "Ok, no problem"

So I head on straight back home, I will be coming out into town later. And damn, I tell you, Shell's colleage is damn fiiiiine! She smiled at me all the time. I wasn't going to chat her up though, she might go an tell Shell what I said, so....

At 13:36 (approx) I get the text message from Shell. She basically said that she had been very busy, but couldn't keep me waiting for her because she didn't know what time she could get away for lunch. She don't got anyone in at 4 so I gonna go see her then. Make that trek all the way back into town....but I don't mind. Life goes on. I would walk 1000 miles if I had to just to see Shell.

So I'll post back after about 4:30ish.

OMG man, I met her at 4 o'clock and been with her til just now. Just got home at 10 o'clock. It was great fun.

First, we sat outside the salon, talking about this and that. I wasn't til like six o'clock before we headed back to Shelly's place. Shelly is in trouble though, because her colleage had to do all the counting up etc for when they closed the shop - Shelly was outside talking to me.

Shelly's friend came up later, then we headed down to Shelly's place. There a moment where Shelly had to go off upstairs to do something, me and hair friend downstairs. Her friend asked me: "You really like Shell don't you?". I replied "Yes" (of course). I learnt alot more about Shelly and her friend. I feel positive energy when around Shell.

We didn't do much at her place, just sat around talking, watching tv and we took her dog out too. She drove me back home too (to save me walking in the dark, you never know who's around in the dark....). She's a real nice girl. I really like her.

So yeah, it's been great tonight, absolutely awesome.

Next stop, friday night down the pub....

She's already invited me to an "all night rave" at one of the pubs around here on sat 28th.

Sounding better and better!

And seeing as nobody else is posting here, I'll continue my 'OT' interjections.

This

"I would walk 1000 miles if I had to just to see Shell."

Should be replaced by Rocky singing this:

"And I would walk 5 hundred miles,

And I would walk 5 hundred miles,

Just to be the man who walked a thousand miles...."

:)

I just texted her to say that I really like her and that she's very pretty (which she is I'll have you know. When I say pretty I mean damn fiiine, not minging). I wanted to say that to her in person, but not infront of her friend. I just waiting for her to text back.

.:Nightmare:.,Aug 19 2004, 08:58 ] I just texted her to say that I really like her and that she's very pretty (which she is I'll have you know. When I say pretty I mean damn fiiine, not minging). I wanted to say that to her in person, but not infront of her friend. I just waiting for her to text back.

Dont hold your breath man, chicks are professionals at this.

EG. Last Friday, Schenk sends message, i dunno, maybe 4pm.

Reply comes 11.55pm.

How long does it take to write a 160 character message :wacko:

Shell texted me back....

She says I'm a really nice guy, but what's to take things slow cuz she just came out of a long term relationship (afaik, 3 years). I wanna take it slow too, I always said I don't want to go in all guns blazing (so to speak). I text her back saying taking it slow is fine by me, I understand. She texted me back saying thanks, that means alot.

Operation: Hammered Raver here I come!!

Sounding better and better!

And seeing as nobody else is posting here, I'll continue my 'OT' interjections.

This

"I would walk 1000 miles if I had to just to see Shell."

Should be replaced by Rocky singing this:

And I would walk 5 hundred miles,

Just to be the man who walked a thousand miles...."

:)

:rofl::rofl: Or even

And I would walk 5 hundred miles more,

Just to be the man who walked a thousand miles and fell down at your salllooooon"

(come on, it kind of rhymes....)

I just texted her to say that I really like her and that she's very pretty (which she is I'll have you know. When I say pretty I mean damn fiiine, not minging

Damn, that's where I am going wrong, I'm always getting minging and fine confused.

I've been worried all day, probably because I said something I perhaps shouldn't have in a text message this morning. That said, Shell did text me back, she didn't seem to take offence or whatever.

I asked her if she wanted to come back to my house to chill after we go down the pub on friday. That is suggestive, but we both wanna take it slow. She might have thought I was just trying to get back to my house so I could -ahem- s**g her. That's not the case at all. I want to just chill. Like I said, we just taking it slow. I do not want to push it too far. But what I said in that text, could have sounded like I was pushing it almost too far. If she hadn't have liked what I said, she would have either not texted me back or sent a text back saying ###### off or something. She did text me back saying "thanx for the offer J but I'll give it a miss. I am looking forward to friday night"

So she couldn't have taken offence to it or whatever. She knows I wanna take it slow, I told her that. I think she declined because she still wants to get to know me better yet and wants to take things slowly, I don't believe she declined because she thought I wanted to -ahem- s**g her. I'm actually regretting asking her that now. So yeah, I almost pushed the boat out too far, so to speak.

So, I'm just taking it slow. Taking it easy. It's easier to make enemies than it is to make friends. Same with relationships. Easier to lose someone than it is to keep hold of them.