New member here

Hey everyone. Totally stoked i found this fansite. Im a life long GR fan. Well, really just GR and GR island thunder. THose 2 i have played for hours on console. Not so much pc. Im looking to finally step into the PC side of things. WHY? Well,I like playing. BUT on console its dead. Zero mods and I can at least save my things on pc if something breaks down so I dont lose them.."maps,mods,etc".

Im a little lost on things. Ive read through some of the forum. BUT still,so much to read. Im not looking for online play yet,as I really only play "Firefight" by myself. Its enjoyable to me. Im looking to download the games and HOPEFULLY find hundreds of fanmade maps to play on. Can you good people kind of walk me through some things I need and need to know? I have to buy the games 1st. Can I use STEAM for purcahse and still use all mods?

Im almost certain I posted all this in the wrong section but I didnt see a "new members questions" area. THanks for any assistance and one day I hope to jump in on some multiplayer goodness..

I am pretty sure you can use the Steam version to play user made mods.

Most mods in the GR.net download section require the original game and the Desert Siege and Island Thunder official expansion packs.

With the game patched to 1.4 version.

Here is the link to the Un-official expansion pack mods in the gr.net download section.

http://www.ghostrecon.net/files2/index.php?act=category&id=17&sort

Heroes Unleashed is a very polished mod with many game types and hundreds of user made maps.

These un-official packs are allot of fun just in single player. Check for how many times a mod has been downloaded for its popularity.

There are many more categories in the GR download section and most should include a readme on how to install them.

Welcome to gr.net!

• Like 1

DO ypu really want to play GR with ALL the mods out there???? then goto www.aogrecon.com and send a PM to me there on our forums....The complete game gr with Mp1 Mp2 and you can DL ALL the mods you would ever need to play. We STILL run a dedi server and 90% of the time were on there of an evening (Indiana est)

I am doing my best to keep GR alive and kicking even if it mean braking the rules This game is an always will b the best shooter game besides the ranibow 6 series LOL. soooo hit me up on our forums and u and ALL yr friends can help keep the best game alive,

Hi mikieson

Yes the steam version will run all the mods in the download section. Installing and playing ghost recon mods is very simple and does not overwrite system files. Instructions can be found in our FAQ section and also on the USB stick page, which is linked to from the front page of the site.

Anything else just ask - you are in for a real treat!

• 3 weeks later...

Welcome to wonderful world of being able to modifiy what the developers did...and GR stands tall in being a well modded game. If I were gonna make any suggestions on mods, I think you should look through the extremely long list of campaigns and missions and choose a few of the older mods to play first...then begin to move through the history of the mods...it would be an eye opening experience for sure...old mods like any campaign by Jack57, Frostbite was the first true fan based Expansion Pack and set the bar for all to follow, if you are an expert level player, 12 Weeks campaign/mission pack by Right-Hand will prep you for anything to follow...Mission HX by Harntrox is a must for gametypes...and so on.