Life on Mars

Giampi

The more you look at it, it does look like a rock. And when you look at the first pic before all the zooms it aint all that far away after all. If it was real it is maybe around 1 to 3 feet tall at most if not even smaller. I would hope Nasa went back and got a closer look just to be sure thought!

mars3851_270350a.jpg

Im still more interested in the water flows that been seen on Mars

163995main_pia09027-330.jpg163996main_pia09023-a-200.jpg

163915main_PIA09028_b-d-516.jpg

163914main_PIA09028_a-516.jpg

Even more ice has been found that looks to be somewhat newley formed from a creater impacked, pics are from 28 July 2005, These images, taken by the High Resolution Stereo Camera (HRSC) on board ESA’s Mars Express spacecraft, show a patch of water ice sitting on the floor of an unnamed crater near the Martian north pole. The HRSC obtained these images during orbit 1343 with a ground resolution of approximately 15 metres per pixel. The unnamed impact crater is located on Vastitas Borealis, a broad plain that covers much of Mars's far northern latitudes, at approximately 70.5� North and 103� East.

The crater is 35 kilometres wide and has a maximum depth of approximately 2 kilometres beneath the crater rim. The circular patch of bright material located at the centre of the crater is residual water ice.

212-010705-1343-6-3d-01-CraterIce_L.jpg

209-010705-1343-6-nd-01-CraterIce_M.jpg

211-010705-1343-6-an-01-CraterIce_L.jpg

This would mean if they are correct that there is water flow below ground. So this is more proof for the pics above!

Also do you know, There is enough water locked up at Mars' south pole to cover the planet in a liquid layer 11m (36ft) deep. Im still amazed and im not a nasa science guy, but since they know 100% about the polor ice caps. Why aint they up there taken samples in and all around it. Sample the ICE and sample the ground from the starting edge outword where it may have melted on the outer edges into the ground! If you sample the ice it may tell you alittle more of Mars pass like what Mars used to be like before it all froze. If anything if the water was poisonis or not for the whole life time of Mars. Could it be safe enough for Life if not at least maybe one time of Mars history? Anyways that would be at least one of the few spots i would have choosen to search first. Since i already know there is at least some form of water there!

There is so much more on water flows Mars Global Surveyor

This obviously opens the old debate, “is anyone out thereâ€.

Some say, “Offcourse there isâ€, others say “there might be†and a few may say “No wayâ€.

http://nl.youtube.com/watch?v=5y_0VUegSCo

http://nl.youtube.com/watch?v=BlpWeL3mOxA

I say yes! Still not sure if any life is here within are solor system, but outside it i dont have a doubt in my mind. What may be rare and very slim is intelagent life. I expect most life forms to be animals and other lower life forms on a common base throught space.

I sure I bought Hoagland's Face on Mars book all those years ago. This is no different, just a natural shape that when looked at from a certain angle the human brain does what it's trained to do and trys to match it to it's database of known shapes. Mars is intruiging, but this is just nonsense.

What was that 70-80's sci-fi film, or short TV series, about a group that went to mars, and found signs of life.... uhm... did it begin with a "C", I can't recall... :wall:

Wouldn't it be great to see one of those "faces" on mars, in the shape of one big ass pointed directly back at earth? I guarantee more people would want to send "probes" there then!