PC GRAW Demo?

Specifically to BO...

since the last Dev chat. It was mentioned that the DEMO was in development. Is the DEMO still going to be avaliable before the full release in MAY??? Are you able to give a date??? And are you able to tell us if it is a SP or MP DEMO you are creating?

Thanks Bo.

Welcome unwritt3n, if you allow me to add a little to your topic

A demo would be greatly appreciated, but a BETA demo released soon would be appreciated AND serve the purpose of including the community into the debug process by testing the game on our various machines and hardware combinations / configurations.

Further more, it would be a great test for the game as we might play it differently than the beta testers, considering the complexity of the game and the numerous combination of possibility it offers, but so are the possibility for bugs / glitches to be found because we will not fallow the same routines.

When I play a game / demo, I go where no one else has gone before and find stuff that even the people at Crytek and their beta testers have missed. Why? Because I can take the time I need and explore the map. Beta testers don’t have this luxury.

Proof..

fc1b0ow.th.jpg

Now imagine what 500 maniacs analysing the game can do for AW.

We might save GRIN some serious time.

:)

Why? Because I can take the time I need and explore the map. Beta testers don’t have this luxury.

Beta testers are paid to take the time they need to explore maps. If something's missed, it's a failure of theirs, not the system's.

A demo would be greatly appreciated, but a BETA demo released soon would be appreciated AND serve the purpose of including the community into the debug process by testing the game on our various machines and hardware combinations / configurations.

Further more, it would be a great test for the game as we might play it differently than the beta testers, considering the complexity of the game and the numerous combination of possibility it offers, but so are the possibility for bugs / glitches to be found because we will not fallow the same routines.

When I play a game / demo, I go where no one else has gone before and find stuff that even the people at Crytek and their beta testers have missed. Why? Because I can take the time I need and explore the map. Beta testers don’t have this luxury.

Proof..

fc1b0ow.th.jpg

thats a good point

Why? Because I can take the time I need and explore the map. Beta testers don’t have this luxury.

Beta testers are paid to take the time they need to explore maps. If something's missed, it's a failure of theirs, not the system's.

but the more people, the more is gonna get seen, nobody can see everything

Open beta-testers are typically paid nothing. They put their names in a hat and are selected for any number of reasons, from reputation, to geographic location, to hardware configuration, etc.. They sign an electronic NDA, are allowed to download the beta, use it, offer feedback in private forums, possibly upload automated feedback, and whatever else the devs want.

Heck, most of us have been paying for the right to beta-test Windows for years. ;)

--Logos

Proof..

fc1b0ow.th.jpg

wow, Raton argues....like a lawyer! hell, I'd agree with him, and if you don't plan to put out a demo, at least let Raton be a tester! I want him testing this game before I play it!

Lol, the devs would not appreciate to hear ''why did you do this!'' and ''why did you do that!'' every 5 mins. Would probly get catapulted out of this project with a swift kick in the azz.

Also, I really enjoy my position. I can just complain about everything yet, I have no responsibility what so ever. :jester:

Back to the original question from unwritt3n, I would like to find out also about the demo release plan. Now that we know that the game will ship in the month of May for sure, can we expect it 2 weeks before the game? A month? I would remind Ubi that most of us will not buy this game unless we try it first. And to try it, we might need to upgrade our rigs. That process might take 3 weeks because by the time the demo is released, it might take one or two pay checks to finance the parts needed to play that demo, if we want to buy the full game. So the sooner the demo is made available, the more ---->money<---- Ubi is going to make.

:whistle:

Specifically to BO...

since the last Dev chat. It was mentioned that the DEMO was in development. Is the DEMO still going to be avaliable before the full release in MAY??? Are you able to give a date??? And are you able to tell us if it is a SP or MP DEMO you are creating?

Thanks Bo.

Ubisoft will have a press release with info on any Demo.