Dear Santa: Here's my SLI wishlist....

Cpl Ledanek

at newegg

just testing if anyone else can view my wishlist. If not, hows this?

Update DFI LANPARTY UT nF4 SLI-DR Socket 939 NVIDIA nForce4 SLI ATX AMD Motherboard

Model #: LP UT nF4 SLI-DR

In Stock

Remove Add item to Cart $179.00 $179.00

Update MSI Geforce 6600GT 128MB GDDR3 PCI-Express x16 Video Card

Model #: NX6600GT-TD128E

In Stock

Remove Add item to Cart $188.00 $376.00

Update COOLMAX CX-550B ATX 550W Power Supply

Model #: CX-550B

In Stock

Remove Add item to Cart $70.50 $70.50

Update AMD Athlon 64 3800+ Newcastle 1GHz FSB Socket 939 Processor Model ADA3800AWBOX

Model #: ADA3800AWBOX

**This item is warranted through the product manufacturer only.

In Stock

Remove Add item to Cart $375.99 $375.99

Update CORSAIR XMS 1GB (2 x 512MB) 184-Pin DDR SDRAM DDR 400 (PC 3200) System Memory Model TWINX1024-3200XLPT

Model #: TWINX1024-3200XLPT

In Stock

Remove Add item to Cart $209.00 $209.00

Update Western Digital Caviar RE WD1600SD 160GB 7200 RPM Serial ATA150 Hard Drive

Model #: WD1600SD

In Stock

Remove Add item to Cart $114.99 $114.99

Update CREATIVE Sound Blaster Audigy2 ZS SB0350 8 (7.1) Channels PCI Interface Sound Card

Model #: 30SB035000000

In Stock

Remove Add item to Cart $69.99 $69.99

Subtotal: $1,395.47

It would work, but it woud be a tight fit and be fairly hot with two cards running in SLI. If I was going for a case for an SLI system I'd be buying a full server case like the Antec 1080AMG, or their newer offerings. Mush easier to work in and more room for airflow etc.

It would work, but it woud be a tight fit and be fairly hot with two cards running in SLI.  If I was going for a case for an SLI system I'd be buying a full server case like the Antec 1080AMG, or their newer offerings.  Mush easier to work in and more room for airflow etc.

Second Choice Coolmaster

more wishlist:

Antec TruePower True550 550W Power Supply Retail ***Free 2nd Day*** 1 $103.99

Corsair TWINX1024-3200XLPT 1GB Kit DDR400 XMS3200 Dual-Channel Xtra-Low Latency Memory w/Platinum Heat Spreader Retail ***Free 2nd Day*** 1 $207.00

AMD Athlon 64 3800+ Processor Socket 939 Retail ***Free 2nd Day*** 1 $366.00

Seagate Barracuda 7200.7 ST3160827AS 160GB Serial ATA 7200RPM Hard Drive w/8MB Buffer ***Free 2nd Day*** 1 $99.00

MSI NX6600GT-TD128E GeForce 6600 GT PCI Express 128MB DDR3 Video Card w/HDTV-Out & DVI Retail ***Free 2nd Day*** 2 $179.99

141775 Coolermaster CAV-T03-UW Cavalier 3 Aluminum Mid Tower Case (Silver) Retail 1 $63.99

DFI LANPARTY UT NF4 SLI-DR nForce4 SLI Athlon 64(FX)/Sempron Skt939 DDR Motherboard w/Audio, Dual Gigabit LAN, RAID/Serial ATA Retail ***Free 2nd Day*** 1 $185.00

Subtotal $1384.96

• 1 month later...

pic 1

pic 2...manually switching to SLI mode

see the spaces (PCI slots) taken by this set up

witness how tight-azz I was with my HD blocking that BLUE CONNECTION (noob term), so I lowered the HD one slot down. ;)

pls suggest some free benchmark softwares. I'd like to test this puppy.

building instructions found here thanks to Wk

:thumbsup:

Edited by Cpl Ledanek

GET THAT MOBO OFF THAT CUSHION ! ! ! !

Very, very bad. can cause major static damage ! !

Don't ever lay 'puter parts on any kind of fabric.

BAD ! ! BAD ! ! BAD ! ! BAD ! ! BAD ! ! BAD ! ! BAD ! ! BAD ! ! BAD ! ! BAD ! ! BAD ! !

Edited by =UE=Phantom

Wk,

Being on the anti-static bag doesn't mean diddly-squat. That bag isn't protecting the top or the edges where it might be touched, or a dog or cat might wander by, or shedded airborne hair by afore-mentioned creatures might land on the wrong resistor, transistor or other *.istor components and fry it to ###### with that micro-burst of energy. You should know that it takes almost no charge at all, static or otherwise to fry a PC component.

Once that product is removed from that bag, and is no longer surrounded by protection, and sealed against threat of ESD, it is no longer protected at all, and all precautions must be taken.

I don't care what all of these hot dogs at some of these forums like AnandTech and Tom's Hardware say.

In the real world, once that part is out of the sealed bag, even if it is sitting on the bag, it is NOT protected at all.

Don't chance it. hardware is too expensive, unless you are rich, or have a rich daddy buying all your stuff.

You keep that hardware near your case at all times, so that you can ground yourself. PERIOD.

Remember: Hardware is a terrible thing to waste. :wall:

I have seen RMA's go out to mfr's, and get sent back to the customer saying 'No Warranty', because the part was mis-handled and destroyed by ESD. Why do you think they make you send the old part first, and it takes so long to get a new one? They test them first, in the equivelant of a crime lab.

They find out, you are SOL. And he just advertised on the web that he mis-handled that mobo.

BAD ! ! BAD ! ! BAD ! ! BAD ! ! BAD ! ! BAD ! ! BAD ! ! BAD ! ! BAD ! ! BAD ! ! BAD ! !BAD ! ! BAD ! ! BAD ! ! BAD ! ! BAD ! ! BAD ! ! BAD ! ! BAD ! ! BAD ! ! BAD ! ! BAD ! !BAD ! ! BAD ! ! BAD ! ! BAD ! ! BAD ! ! BAD ! ! BAD ! ! BAD ! ! BAD ! ! BAD ! ! BAD ! !BAD ! ! BAD ! ! BAD ! ! BAD ! ! BAD ! ! BAD ! ! BAD ! ! BAD ! ! BAD ! ! BAD ! ! BAD ! !BAD ! ! BAD ! ! BAD ! ! BAD ! ! BAD ! ! BAD ! ! BAD ! ! BAD ! ! BAD ! ! BAD ! ! BAD ! !BAD ! ! BAD ! ! BAD ! ! BAD ! ! BAD ! ! BAD ! ! BAD ! ! BAD ! ! BAD ! ! BAD ! ! BAD ! !

@Ledanek, and all you other folks,

PLEASE TAKE CARE. Don't screw yourselves.

Edited by =UE=Phantom

:unsure: So sorry!

Won't happen again. My friend gave me a anti-static wrist band and a rubber mat to work on top off. So anytime I touch something, my wrist band was on.

I even took off my wedding band. Shh, don't tell the missus

NO MORE FABRICS IN PC ROOM...CHECK!

More excuse not to put curtains in the "frag-room." :thumbsup:

:unsure:  So sorry!

Won't happen again.  My friend gave me a anti-static wrist band and a rubber mat to work on top off. So anytime I touch something, my wrist band was on. 

I even took off my wedding band. Shh, don't tell the missus

NO MORE FABRICS IN PC ROOM...CHECK!

More excuse not to put curtains in the "frag-room."  :thumbsup:

You can have fabrics in the frag room bro.

Just don't go layin' PC parts on top of 'em.

hehehe

never thought about it, i always lay my stuff on a towel,

but we dont have any carpet inside, iv never seen static in this house yet. weired.

probly will stop that now

*edit* althoe the ultimate static shock almost got me one day, sitting on computer with headphones loud. I knew there was a little lightening didnt think about it really. Wasnt that bad IMO.

Now if you dont know this, before you get struck by lightening they say your hair will stand up.

I felt somthing i looked down at my right arm and every god dang freaking hair on my right arm was standing perfectly strait. scared the crap out of me.

i jumped off my computer as quick as i could

Edited by Prozac360

First time working with a SATA HD...very noob :P , just wondering if my HD was suppose to show up as a "removable drive" like those Flash memory card you insert in the USB ports? I just noticed it, when I click on my flash memory card to properly remove it, the HD showed up too.

thx

If you're going to get hit by lightening, bend over and stick your butt towards it.

It looks for the easiest rout to ground, and I hear it causes less damage that way. Don't know if that is fact or not though.

Personally, I try like hell not to get struck ! !