How to access DS/IT weapons in GR?

G-Man

Hi everybody,

I have a problem with GR.

I recently bought GR/DS and no more than a week ago I bought and installed IT. GR is also patched to Version 1.4

I have an on-going campaing that started when I only had GR and DS. I was told that when buying GR's expansion packs (DS & IT) one would have access to the additional weapons that came with them.

Well, so far when I play the current campaing I don't see the extra weapons avaiable., only the original kits.

I do have the 2 mods, DS & IT, activated. So I don't understand why no more weapons are available.

Also, for some reason I don't see any binoculars available in the original GR kits! The manual clearly mentions them.

Am I missing something here?

Your help will be deeply appreciated.

Thanks a lot in advance.

Best,

G-Man.

Alright, the binocs. IT makes it standard for every soldeir now. Every soldeir has binocs so it isnt in a kit now. Also, you only get the new weapons in their respective campaigns. The new weapons in DS is only in DS and IT. IT weaposn are only in IT campaign. Sorry, but you will have to be stuck with the original weapons in the original campaign. The only way you could play with the new weapons in an original GR campaign is through multiplayer. RSE or UBI soft didnt really specify this. Their bad. Dont worry there is nothing wrong with your game. :rocky:

Also, for some reason I don't see any binoculars available in the original GR kits! The manual clearly mentions them

Hi G-Man,

The Binoculars are now standard for all soldiers and have been removed from all the kits, just hit the “L” key in-game to switch to and from them, now you don’t have to give up a secondary item to have them.

:)

Edited by Pave Low

Pave Low, Thanks for the tip! I'll check it out .

Sgt_Garrick, Thanks for letting me know those new weapons are only availbale in their respective expansion pack. Rats! I was hoping you could use them anywhere in the game. Not a very bright desicion on RSE/ UBI soft's side if you ask me. <_<

Thanks a million for taking the time to help me out.

See you guys around! :)

Best,

G-Man.

just hit the “L” key in-game to switch to and from them

Never knew this (I never used them too (the binocs)).

Maybe there is a way to get all weps in GR, but you'll have to change the kitfolder, kitfiles, and the restriction file

If you can change the campaign and direct them to the new kits...

Also you need to put the models of the weps in the origmiss model folder, and the textures...

If you want weapons, download from the many mods available, such as DAGRM 4.8, GRM 4, Navy SEALS, IDF, Spec Ops, Spezgrupp Vympel, DRAG, Ghost, Phantom and many more. Also, get the maps for online play like 2PT and Boom missions. And try the many excellent campaigns like Black Sun, Free Russia, Free Libya, British Royal Marines V2 (my fave).

The weapons mods give you more guns than you can shake a suppressor at. The biggest problem you will have is choosing which ones to take.

If you can change the campaign and direct them to the new kits...

Just copy paste them into your origmiss folder. Or make it a mod. Riun's skin tut here at gr.net shows how to set up a mod folder. then select the weapons and paste them into the appropriate folder, activate and enjoy.

I've given the standard Ramirez the SOCOM for example.

Thanks for the tips. I think The_Slink's suggestion is worth looking into to consolidate all mods in one place/folder to keep the rest of the folders tidy & clean.

I'll see if I can find Riun's skin tut 's info here in the Mod forums.

Thanks guys!

Best,

G-Man.

Alright, the binocs. IT makes it standard for every soldeir now. Every soldeir has binocs so it isnt in a kit now. Also, you only get the new weapons in their respective campaigns. The new weapons in DS is only in DS and IT. IT weaposn are only in IT campaign. Sorry, but you will have to be stuck with the original weapons in the original campaign. The only way you could play with the new weapons in an original GR campaign is through multiplayer. RSE or UBI soft didnt really specify this. Their bad. Dont worry there is nothing wrong with your game. :rocky:

Actually...if you play 'Quick Missions' instead of campaign, you'll get all the extra weapons that came in IT. But if you want more weapons than that, your best bet is to download mods.

Out.

I finished GR Single-Player Rookie level and now I'm trying the quick missions. They're tough even in Rookie level !

Part of it is that I hafe the Thrat Indicator turned off. Now I have access to ALL the weapons in GR/DS/IT. COOL!!! :)

So far I've found that defending is harder that trying to eliminate all foes. I think tactics change from being the hunter to being the hunted.

Anyway, Sgt_Garrick, try the quick missions. You won't be dissapointed.

Good hunting!

G-Man.