Ok the first official Console post

Stalker_Zero

I got to play the POW mission on X-Box... quite interesting.

The maps and missions are IDENTICAL. Everything was right where it is on the compter.

I played co-op with someone, so we each controled our own squad. However, he (as first player) could be the only one to set way-points.

The night vision is rather obnoxious though. It's almost useless int he sense that (oh boy people are going to get lost here) it makes things appear as they would in day-time, but with a horrible green tint, and no color. It doesn't amplify what's in the distance, it just mkaes the screen go from solid black to 'day-time qualities' in green.

I hope you understand what I mean.

All in all though, from what I can tell.. it's still a good game. I need to hook it up to my big screen before I can fully judge.

There's my 'brief' review.

I got to play the POW mission on X-Box... quite interesting.

The maps and missions are IDENTICAL. Everything was right where it is on the compter.

I played co-op with someone, so we each controled our own squad. However, he (as first player) could be the only one to set way-points.

The night vision is rather obnoxious though. It's almost useless int he sense that (oh boy people are going to get lost here) it makes things appear as they would in day-time, but with a horrible green tint, and no color. It doesn't amplify what's in the distance, it just mkaes the screen go from solid black to 'day-time qualities' in green.

I hope you understand what I mean.

All in all though, from what I can tell.. it's still a good game. I need to hook it up to my big screen before I can fully judge.

There's my 'brief' review.

Split screen?

Out.

That night vision is what its supposed to look like. The PC version is easier to look at because its on a monitor and at 800x600 or above. I like the Xbox night vision better anyways, much more realistic.

Oh and some of the maps are different to the PC. They don't make the map any better or worse though.

I have seen GR on PS2 also. It has some good points and bad but overall the Xbox does it better. The sound in this game is magnificent. You can't beat Xbox's 256 channel Dolby Digital 5.1 sound as opposed to PS2's 64 channel Stereo.

Edited by Spud

Mission packs??  Don't hold your breath.   :(

Actually they had a post up on the official forum from one of the devs saying that they would have mission packs and it was asking what other things people would like in downloadable content.

I've played both the XBOX and PS2 versions...XBOX wins hands down for the reason the Graphics and Sound are soooooooo much better, it has Hi-Def output with multi-player compatability, Dolby 5.1 surround, and the possiblility of downloadable mods.

Haven't played GC yet, but IMHO, GR is king on PC.

After playing GR on the PC since it was first released and having played GR on the Xbox for 2 weeks now, I have to say I am leaning towards the Xbox version as an off-the-shelf game. At first I hated the idea of playing without a mouse (as I do with most FPS games) but this one is growing on me and growing fast. The control is more realistic IMHO mainly because its a lot harder to aim (turn off auto-aim of course). It's not ultra hard or annoying as I was expecting. It changed the way I play GR.

I could be wrong here but I don't believe the PC version has Dolby Digital 5.1 so Xbox wins hands down in that department. They also added a way cool effect in that when you are close enough to an explosion the sound goes all muffled for few seconds then clears when you get your hearing back.

I have active subwoofers connected to my home theatre system and let me tell you GR gives em' a run for their money!

I look forward to Mission Packs, Mods and way to much fun on my Xbox :)

Split screen?

Out.

If you are playing on just one xbox, it's split screen multiplayer

If you are playing on XBox Live, it's only one player at a time

Not sure about playing on system lin, but I'd bet it's the same as XBox Live

Hope that clears it up,

Tomacco

oh no it's turned into the mouse-keyboard vs controller argument :rocky:

might as well put my two cents in:

When I was a kid, all I ever played were consoles, It wasn't until I was 17 that my family got it first computer. As such, I've got no problems saying that my preference is definately towards the controller. Having said that I really don't think anyone can say that one is better than the other unless they are talking about there own preference.

i prefer the Xbox version.. because... everyone has the same hardware... it has a headset you can use to talk... instead of the limited bound keys... or... typeing... its more challenging... the graphics ARE better than the computer... the only three things its missing are... Desert Seige , mods... and... bug fixes... other than that... nothing is left out...