New Games

Kurtz

1. Sniper Elite V2 Sequel to a pc game from 2005, first iteration on console.

2. Max Payne 3

3. Ghost Recon Future Soldier

4. Spec Ops The Line

5.Rainbow Six Patriots

6. Far Cry 3 They say they fixed the poor element from FC2.

Any other interesting shooters in the near or far distance?

• 2 months later...

1. Sniper Elite V2 Sequel to a pc game from 2005, first iteration on console.

3. Ghost Recon Future Soldier

4. Spec Ops The Line

5.Rainbow Six Patriots

looking forward to these three specifically

:thumbsup:

If you call resident evil 6 a shooter, that one's an interesting one, and Halo 4, although i don't like the franchise, they've milked it a lot and i don't know how many "final" games they are going to bring out. but others may say different.

EDIT:

3? it seems i cannot count! i meant 4

Edited by Zeealex

Only one I'm looking forward to is GR:FS.

what!? someone is actually looking forward to it besides me? :lol: jk.

yeah, like i said, not a fan of Halo, but it might take other's interest. Sniper Elite V2 just looks like a fun game. looks very much like Sniper: Art of victory.

Edited by Zeealex

Specs Ops: The Line don't do it for me I'm afraid (here we go again). I gave the demo the benefit of the doubt with two full playthroughs, and it doesn't do it for me. Just seems the same as every other third person shooter to me.... I don't need to list or justify my reasons here, but I will, so there:

- Enemies using sniper rifles for CQB and shotguns to hit targets outside of effective range for shotguns. Oh dear.

- Burst-fire AK47. Oh dear oh dear.

- Lightshow from enemy sniper rifles because I'm apparently incapable of locating enemy snipers myself (in CQB no less) when they don't have laser sights on their rifles.

- Spec Ops? What 'Spec Ops'? I see nothing in the game even remotely resembling spec ops. 3-man squad, carrying two main weapons each and max ammo for each, along with sidearms too. Oh, and they look more like PMC's. Just aswell have removed Spec Ops from the game title and replaced it with Generic Shooter. :)

The list goes on....

As for SEv2:

- Very good ballistics on sniper rifles, but why oh why are SMG's and pistols devoid of ballistics?

- X-Ray vision killcam thing is great. Pop goes the spleen.

- The 'Invisible Power Armour' phenomenom returns to video games, either that or the games' self-proclaimed 'ultra realistic' bullet ballistics are botched. Three 7.92 rounds to an enemies chest (unzoomed) to kill them? What's all that about?

- TNT without a way of setting it off - unless you shoot it, thus killing yourself in the process. Not sure how that got missed in testing. Should have gone to Specsavers.

- Sniper you say? Funny you should use that terminology, that seeing that the majority of the time you'll be engaging enemies at no more than 250 metres. Mind you, I got a 348 metre kill on one map, but even then, that still doesn't warrant the 'sniper' terminology.

- Throwing stones? What is this - Cromag Elite v2?

- 'One Guy Versus Six Million Enemies' syndrome, again. Like that's something never-done-before in video games.

- Incorrect magazine sizes by far (on sniper rifles). Either that, or a drunk WW2 weapons consultant who confused 'rifle' with 'riFAIL.' No wait, I got it: B A L A N C I N G. Sigh.

- Blah, blah, blah, secret base.... Like, put some effort into your voice acting already.

- Where's my Enfield, Sten gun and Webley Revolver? So, like, you can also give your US sniper Russian and German weapons, so why no UK weapons? Give the UK some love for once.

- Enemy snipers in places they couldn't have possibly reached - like the roof of a building when there is blatantly no way they could have go onto the roof from the inside of the building. So am I to believe the enemy is som elite paratrooper that paradrops onto rooftops with precision? Or did some-one steal his ladder after he got up there?

The moral of the story is, if you're gonna me 'realism' in games, it needs to be believable.

As for MP3, great game. Or atleast it would be, if I could find where the hell the RPG and G3 are. Not the gun parts (I have all gun parts for all golden weapons in gane (damn you Rockstar for hiding one AK47 piece in and alcove behind a picture on the wall)), the actual guns themselves. You know, you gotta love it, ol' Payne gets sniped in the arm by an M82 and it's nothing but a normal gunshot wound. Musta been field-testing them .50PS ('peashooter') rounds I guess. :)

Edited by WytchDokta

• 2 weeks later...

There are actually quite a lot of games due this year, in november this year i'll be trying out for the first time ever a HITMAN game - Hitman Absolution, i pre-ordered the XBOX 360 and PC version and was given two codes (360 & PC) for Hitman Sniper Challenge, the Glacier 2 engine is quite alright on the 360 i think and looking forward to august 1st 2012 so i can test the PC version of sniper challenge, the pc version of the sniper challenge will be available through steam.