Tonight's Closed Beta Testing

TrueGiga

Actually, this is what the email I got today says:

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon® Online

Closed Beta is LIVE!

Important information for the first phase of testing:

• During this phase of testing, servers will be accessible from 6 pm &#8212 1 am EST.

• Participating Beta players will be eligible for exclusive in-game rewards. See below for a full list!

• As this is still a Closed Beta, your progress will be reset before the game goes live.

• You are free to capture and share screenshots and video of your experience with everyone!

• We want to hear your thoughts on your play experience, so make sure to post your feedback.

• If you have any issues, be sure to check out our FAQ.

If you need further assistance, contact us.

So I'm guessing that since we are allowed to share videos and screens, there is no NDA for this phase.

yeah a bit much especially since i didn't discuss the games mechanics or features all i said was it was fun and no lag on my end.And I don't think I need special access to a uber secret forum to discuss the game.I am good with discussing with friends.

Edited by twcrash

It's the usual thing with Ubisoft's many different offices.

Only a few days ago they put an e-mail out warning everyone that they should not be tweeting or discussing any aspect of their beta testing experience, then they put an email out like the one to AJ saying it's fine!

Although, that's an American e-mail, the warning that came out was from the UK office, different territories...

I got the new beta installed, had to play a little, and GRO has improved since the previous betas. The interface has a has new features and is better organized, there have been sound design tweaks, and the sore spot for me (the net-code and hit-reconciliation) has even seen some improvements -- though this last with the game's rather high damage weapons is still not really quite up to snuff for an versus multi-player only game.

The rest; the realism and aesthetic aspects of the game are obviously going to be up to subjective personal preference, Ghost Recon: Online is not particularly realistic aesthetically, or with respect to game-play -- so many here may feel let down considering the moniker it wears. It is a good looking game however, with some ambitious ideas and features intended to improve match balance and teamwork that at least make it worth a look.

I also found a few tweaks in the "GraphicSettings.ini" that can be found in the "/NCSA-Live" game subdirectory, setting the post processing effects for

· RenderBloom=0

· RenderDOF=0

· Motionblur=0

From "1" to "0" takes out these effects and will really sharpen everything up substantially, giving you a game that looks more like what you see in the screen shots, and at least to my eyes is a lot less of a strain to look at.

:huh:

Edited by 101459

Ahh, good point; I was so underwhelmed by the post-processing that I wasn't thinking, just went ahead and did it and played for almost an hour without incident. Even though I didn't get booted or see any Punk Buster messages that obviously may just be due to relaxed PB settings for the beta; so the jury is still out and your mileage may vary.

:blink:

I give the game a good score they took a chance and i think its going to fair well with us!

my main concerns are the lobby settings but first let me say the game plays very well Kudos to them in singa.

Now i hope the lobby will see improvements cause at its current state its a very very dumb down!

also we need clan settings

the match making system works like a champ but i still would like to create my room with custom name.