Russian Player: Expanded Edition - general topic

@ RileyFletcher_01: if You want, I can send You a beta version when everything will be done in it (You know, just to check if everything is right and stuff :) ).

@ thales100: thank You. :) Are You the maker of the first person weapons for Ghost Recon? They look awesome, even if they are WIP. :)

Edited by Chudy Picio

@ RileyFletcher_01: thank You. I will do my best to make a beta version soon (and by soon I think of tomorrow, I just have to wait for some .rsb's from wombat50), because at saturday I am going to visit my great-grandmother once again (I won't have got an access to a computer for about a week). But here I have got a question - my mod weights about 985 MB, and I am not very good at using 7-Zip. Could You tell me how to compress a file in it?

Edited by Chudy Picio

• 4 weeks later...

Hello everyone,

I am writing here after a long brake (again) to announce some things:

The mod is currently being beta-tested and there are already some bugs to be fixed. However, I am going for vacations to Croatia for about two weeks, so I won't be able to work on the mod at that time (again). I am very sory about that, but when I will be back I will do my best to fix everything and relase the mod as fast as I can. I know that it can be disappointing for you all that I am always changing the date of the mod relase, but there are some circumstances that I can't predict. Again, I am very sorry.

Regards everyone.

Edited by Chudy Picio

Hello everyone,

I just would like to inform you that I am back.

Regards everyone.

@ Igor Kool: I am not almighty, don't call me that - I'm just a simple man and a simple modder. ;) The news are that I am back and I will work on the mod again to finally finish it.

Edited by Chudy Picio

But I wonder what kind of "last hope" I am.

You're a last hope to anyone who cares about Ghost Recon. Because people like you, especially those who are young and have lots of free time, are essential to keeping Ghost Recon alive. How many people would still be around if GR had no mods? You're keeping the best FPS game alive, so keep up the good work!

@Chudy Picio, I have a question. I read somewhere that on last mission, you face apparently typical "Alfa"'s from their looks (like, FSB Alfa, judging from the models and equipment), I wouldn't know as I played the game long time ago. Are you going to use the Russian regulars as the ones we get to play as? Because I know there are models somewhere of Russian equivalent of Ghosts in the game (from the looks, GRU), I think they were used in multiplayer. Maybe you would let us use them? Sorry ok, you know better what to do, just wondering that is all :)

And uhh...I know this may be a bit of a bother, but could you pleeeeeaaase post a picture or a 2 from your work? Like how the Russian models will look like from close-up? Since in that game I only remember them being from long distance away, and in sights.

Again, thank you for your hard work. Very Igor to play this!!! (see what I did ther?) :D

@ Igor Kool: in the mod, you will be playing only as Russian special forces (for example FSB), no regulars. ;)

And about that screenshot... Well, I think that I can give you one, Comrades. ;)

http://s10.postimage.org/myorf72fr/Tom_Clancy_s_Ghost_Recon_Russian_Player_Mod_Scr.png

(Sorry for posting it on some other site, but it was too big to fit here).

Edited by Chudy Picio

• Chudy Picio changed the title to Russian Player: Expanded Edition - general topic
  • ApexMods featured this topic