is this gonna feel like the original ghost recon?

cajun47

No Ghost Recon online is nothing like the original, it's a team based run and gun shooter.

Some aspects of Ghost Recon Future Soldier are more like the original though, see the IGN walkthough movie on the news page today for example.

While what Rocky and DarkMagic say is in essence true; having played both stages of the beta I'd say GR:O does have a game pace that's closer to OGR then to 'yet another online shooter' or even most 'run and gun' games as running and gunning can fail pretty miserably, and if you have anything going on above the neck does give you more time to approach the game tactically and prevail. That said, small maps and simplistic objective design does rather limit tactical depth. But to put it all on a positive objective note I think it will be one of the better F2P games in 2012, with more growing room and potential then any.

:)

Edited by 101459

GR: O doesn't really play like CoD, in my opinion. It doesn't play like anything else that I have tried. Let me stress, that it isn't an enjoyable game, in my opinion, but it certainly is unique. If anything, I'd describe it as more like a MMO than a typical shooter. I say this because in GR:O, there are several very specialized roles, just like in an MMO, where you have a tank, a couple of healers, then a bunch of DPS classes. In most shooters, you have just that: Shooters. Maybe a SAW or an M203 here or there, but everyone is largely the same. Contrast that with GR:O where there are vast differences between the classes. In the end, it doesn't feel like Ghost Recon to me, but it also doesn't feel like CoD. I'd use the CoD label only as a negative epithet.

• 2 weeks later...