Weaponry

vandyman84

an assault rifle known as the MR-B has been seen still in use after the rethink

it uses 5.56 uranium bullets with a bullpup design and a disruptor shotgun under it's barrel with a multitool for door breaching.

i've seen a rifle named the MSR on the gunsmith mode.

it's a long range/sniper rifle and looks a bit like the MK 14

I've also seen an FN SCAR lingering around.

an Assault rifle looks a little like the ACR

and in gameplay images i've seen an L85 as a secondary weapon in the Zambia mission.

that's all i've seen so far.

Since they're going with realism now over robot stuff, would love to see an HK416 or an M110. But who the heck calls it a disruptor shotgun? I have never heard that term outside of Star Trek. -5 cool points, Ubi.

gauss rifle

GIVEN. Give me something new here, people! Everybody has a guass rifle. I have three in my safe! That's like saying "pistol" two years ago.

PS...I have no idea what a guass rifle is. :whistle:

Edited by vandyman84

And I have no idea what a gernade launcher is. :)

Anywho, before a sense of humor fail takes place, I was taking a stab at Ubi's notion of 'realism', going by their previous track record. They can say about 'realism' elements in the game all they like, but I'll believe it when I see it. Until then, it's just propaganda.

I "hurr dat." So we have the Star Trek shotgun, the ACR, a gernade launchy thing, and a gauss rifle. Oh, and the MP7. I heard that the chicken hack is going to be a standard feature. :devil:

My judgement is also based on the fact that the first rifle they showed in-game, with the 'can-opener' underbarrel attachment, looks very similar to a Bolter from the W40k universe.

Edited by WytchDokta

• 4 months later...

it uses 5.56 uranium bullets with a bullpup design and a disruptor shotgun under it's barrel with a multitool for door breaching.

and in gameplay images i've seen an L85 as a secondary weapon in the Zambia mission.

I have heard of the MSR it is made by Remington but I have never heard of MR-B before.

One gun I saw appeared to be the Kriss Vector .45 SMG, that has a proprietary system to reduce recoil. I shot a semi auto version of that gun at a gun range and it really had no recoil, evem less than an MP5. On the other hand, when I returned to the same range months later, that gun was not there. They got rid of it because it kept breaking down. If the company got the bugs out, it would be a great SMG for close range with the rate of fire and control.

• 3 weeks later...

I have heard of the MSR it is made by Remington but I have never heard of MR-B before.

The MR-B is more than likely another Variant of the Modular Rifle-Caseless (MR-C), probably the rifle shown in the original reveal trailer of Future Soldier.