E3 hands-on co-op demo with the associate producer

Pave Low

When I saw the first co-op gameplay stage demo I was impressed by the apparently large and open levels. But seeing this demo it appears that the missions are heavily scripted and extremely linear on a very narrow movement corridor, as this one followed exactly the same path as the stage demo. At first I didn't identify the many in-game cutscenes as such, either. Thought those were part of gameplay.

It could be quite underwhelming if there really is no free approach to missions, and the game turns out to be an all-out rail-shooter like R6 Vegas. I simply can't see that much fun in fully scripted linear gameplay, especially for MP co-op.

But seeing this demo it appears that the missions are heavily scripted and extremely linear on a very narrow movement corridor, as this one followed exactly the same path as the stage demo.

Yeah, in one of the "village" co-op walk-through's the Dev's do mention that this is an E3 demo build and in the retail release game the village will be more open and you can go down all the streets

[edit] see this one at about 2.40 > http://www.gametrailers.com/video/e3-2011-ghost-recon/715593

Edited by Pave Low
added link to a video

Love your enthusiasm! Don't know about that sleeping pill - on the contrary - there's plenty of exciting Ghost Recon games out there already to keep you busy until the release of GRFS. Good luck on the virtual battlefields! :thumbsup:

Great video and cant wait for game to come out.

My only gripe is the fact that I wish they think of the people that like to play these games in First Person mode and not Third Person mode.

I love the GR series but hate playing in 3rd person mode.

Hopefully they will have this selectable in the settings and you will be able to play either way.

I can only hope.

Not a fan - looks linear and way over-scripted again - it's just not GR sorry.

graphix are nice but as we know - means nothing over gameplay.

I will make sure and bring another GR campaign built on the new Arma and hopefully with the improved engine and game - we will see more of you make the transition.