Reinstalled GR, want to paste over backed up files BUT...

Kyle_K_ski

Howdy Folks,

Reinstalled GR, want to paste over backed up files, and I want to get back to testing Rockall again, BUT...

...I'm confused as to which files I should NOT copy/paste from the backup I made of the game's installation directory on my old Dell computer. Specifically, I do NOT want to overwrite any potential Registry values, as for me, they are DEFINITELY different from when I had GR installed on my old system. On my old Dell, the game auto-installed to Program Files/Red Storm Entertainment, but this time, it auto-installed to Program Files/x86/Red Storm Entertainment.

Any advice on which files not bring over from the backup to the new installation?

Thanks in advance!

If I understand correctly, the Program Files folder is for 64 bit programs and

Program Files/x86 are 32 bit.

Another twist for Win7 is it has another location to store .xml files , log files, missionstats.htm, screenshots, saves and replays for GR.

The location on my Win7 64 bit computer is:

C:\Users\Don\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files (x86)\Red Storm Entertainment\Ghost Recon

I never was able to transfer .xml's from my XP machine to the above location and have them work.

I'm not saying it can not be done rather I was not able to do it in my case.

I never was able to transfer .xml's from my XP machine to the above location and have them work.

I'm not saying it can not be done rather I was not able to do it in my case.

Are the .xml's in charge of keeping track of keyboard reassignments? I pasted my old files over the newly installed ones, and all of my old key settings were gone. The Rockall and other mods are listed appropriately, although I only quickly tested Rockall out.

So, it looks like I have to try and remember all of those again.

Now, am I mistaken, but I seem to recall reading somewhere that GR cannot properly stretch itself out to the widescreen format. Everything's distorted by being wider. Is this true, or...?

Thanks!

The default keys file is in Ghost Recon\Data\Save\game

Unless you have saved your set under a different name, it will be defplayr.keys

GR supports any resolution, just type it into the options.xml file in the main GR folder