Operation Solare

Operation Solare v1 is now ready for beta testing.

Thanks as always to my trusty alpha testers the TAW clan.

This mission is scripted on a heavily modified version of the Election Day map by PGS_Guttalax so thanks goes to him for the use of his map.

I was pretty close to scrapping this map after many hours trying to sort out the lightmap and lag issues, anyway I hope you all like it and have fun playing the mission.

Spawn points:

When you activate trigger 04.

After Completing the Disable Security objective.

After completing the Destroy Antenna objective.

After completing the Secure HQ objective.

After completing the Vehicle Depot objective.

There are also two more on the road to extraction, first is when you clear the roadblock and the second is at trigger 23.

The mission includes 4 tanks, 3 panhards and a scattering of havoc's with 670 AI thrown in for good measure.

Thanks for testing,

John

Download:

Operation Solare v1.

Glad you didn't scrap this one John. This is a good one, Rahnman even likes his garden. I think we watered it last night. Glad there are no exploding ETs. :) Wish you would consider joining us.

TAW Goose

Thanks for the replies folks.

Goose, as I mentioned to Rahn sometime ago I wouldn't be much of a asset to your clan due to the time difference, when you have your test nights it's about 3am here, I would be falling asleep at my monitor not knowing if I was shooting AI or my team mates. :yawn:

I do appreciate the offer though and it's a great help to me that you are testing my alpha versions, this saves me a lot of time going through them by myself. :thumbsup:

Thanks,

John

Hey John,

I like the garden. I think Viper does the garden thing too, at least I remember someone from AGB saying that they did. Every battle zone needs an assortment of fresh "organic" veggies!! :thumbsup:

Now for the lemonade stand!

Cheers,

Rahn

Hi Folks,

Just thought I would pop in here and dust off the cobwebs.

Seems a bit quiet in the beta testing forums, are you all on vacation? :unsure:

Anyway, if any of you have any thing to mention then please post it up so we can move forward with the mission.

Thanks, :thumbsup:

John

John

Just been plain busy but I want to test your new mission asap. I did make a start a few days ago but didn't have time to get too far and then I had another go on Ghostsoldiers server but crashed out. Will try again and get back to you with any comments.

regards

Anthony :rocky:

Hi Folks,

I have been making missions for just over a year now and this is the first time I have had a one in the forums for this amount of time (11 days) without any test reports.

I was just wondering if there is any reason for the lack of interest in my latest mission, I realise that all of you have busy lives and can't always be here to test the missions but there are a lot of beta testers out there so it seems strange that it has all stopped over night.

If there is some reason you have stopped testing then please let me know, if you no longer like my style of mission scripting then please post your thoughts here on what you would like to see changed and I will do my up most to include these changes in future missions.

All I ask is that you be honest, if you no longer like my missions then please say so. It maybe the case that interest for GRAW2 co-op missions has diminished and you are moving on to other games, if this is the case then again please let me know.

I don't want to keep churning out mission after mission if the type of coops that I make is not what you all want, I am still as keen as I always have been to make missions but if what I am making is not what you want to play then I need some feedback as to what you want.

As always I appreciate your feedback.

Thanks,

John

John,

I have played your new mission a couple of times now, but have not finished it.

#1. I crashed at the last objective of the HQ when I tried to change the rate of fire on my weapon. (not your fault, mine) using Rahnman's Mod. Playing lone wolf on my Lan Server.

#2. Ran out of time after 2 hours playing, just got sleepy. w00t

Other than that, I really like it. lots of ambushes and hidden snipers. The first part is a killer getting out of the shanty town alive.

I have seen it on the coop servers, played for a short time on AGB server but did not finish.

Good one looks like its ready! :thumbsup:

Mexicobob

played it 30 times no problems with it its ready to publish ppl not postin cuz there is no problems with it quit worryin keep churnin them out the TAW squad will continue to play them

Yah what ZERO said! Good to go. :thumbsup:

TAW Goose

John

Still very busy personally so I haven't had the time to test as I had hoped. But don't get concerned about your mission making. I can only speak for myself but a lot of your missions rank among my favourites and I'm sure that goes for others too.

I think alot of the testers have been distracted by the release of BFBC2 which seems to have really taken off but for me your work seems as popular and as respected as ever.

Keep it up, don't think dark thoughts, and pls give us more.

Best regards

Thanks for the replies, much appreciated.

I just wanted to be sure that I was making missions you all wanted to play, as it was very quiet here I was thinking that my missions were getting a bit stale, looks like it was just me getting a bit paranoid. :unsure:

My next mission is progressing nicely and should be ready for testing in a week or so, it seems like this one is about done so after my new one is ready I will get this released.

Thanks,

John

Zero, Goose and I played last night on the TAW server, but they had the respawns set at 7 so we had to keep getting out and come back in. BOOHO

Anyway got to the extraction finally and there was only myself and Zero left and we both got killed so the game ended with the rebels winning. :blush:

It needs the whole squad to play to finish in a reasonable amount of time. We took aprox 100 min with 3 of us.

Mexico Bob

Hi John,

Sorry for not getting back to you. I was really busy for about two weeks and by the time I got home on the days I did get home, I was just to darn tired to get on the computer.

My two week stint just finished so I will try to get the AGB'rs to help out and test out the mission tonight.

Thanks!!

Hi Viper,

Many thanks for the reply, it's good to see you are still around as I haven't seen you here in a while.

I didn't realise you had been away so I totally understand that you haven't had the time to do any testing.

With it being so quiet around this forum lately I thought all the beta testers had deserted me but it seems we do have lives outside of GRAW2, apart from me that is. :lol:

Cheers,

John

John,

We tested to map last night. Wow it took 3 of us and we finished it in 3.5 hours!!!! Holy smokes, Tangos were coming out of everywhere. I think they were even in our back pockets!!! Great map!!!! We all loved it.

Only found two issues:

Solare_1.jpg

In the yellow circled area one of our member's (Hyde) found that when killing a Tango in this area two other Tangos where (in the direction the he is facing) sort of sleeping. You would of thought that after he shoot one AI that the two in this area would have shot him

Solare_2.jpg

Right in this area (I think) there was an AI facing the metal fence instead of facing the other way. I was able to sneak up to him and easily take him out.... This is in the lower center of the map.

Other than that everything else was great!!! Awesome job with this map. 3.5 hours Sheesh!!! This will go a lot quicker with more people on it. Oh and great sniper positions!!!

One suggestion, Typically the Havoc's tend to fire on you and wimp out and leave. To make a slight spin, can you let the last Havoc stay until one can destroy it. It seems that the the rule of thumb is hide until the Havoc leaves. This will change it up a bit...

I agree with the others in that I am glad you didn't trash this map!!!!

John

I finally got round to completing the mission. Took me as long as Viper I'd say despite a lot of interruptions and playing SP. Had no problems with playability at all. The whole thing went sweet as a nut. Found a couple of lazy AI but generally my impression was these guys are serious about their business.

Didn't have the frame counter on but it all seemed ok to me.

I enjoyed the "nasty" sniper positions even though they cost me quite a few lives - some of the best I've encountered.

All in all a great mission. What a totally different experience to Triplex's Journalist yet essentially the same map - and that is not to cast a negative comment on that excellent creation.

As Zero/Goose said it looks ready to release and I concur.

Hi all, thanks for the feedback.

Viper, pleased you like the mission but I didn't think it would take that long for you guys to complete it, it just goes to show that you don't always need a high number of AI to make a mission difficult, I think there were around 670 AI here which may sound a lot but compared to some missions it isn't that many.

I will take a look at the AI you mentioned and kick them into shape. I normally place just three Havoc's on the map and call them randomly from the script so each time one appears it can be anyone of the three, what I can do is make one of the Havoc's stay on the map so you will have a one in three chance that the Havoc will not "wimp out and leave", as they are spawned randomly you won't know which one you are dealing with, do you think this would be a better idea? :)

Anthony, you done a great job completing the mission in the same time a Viper and his team mates. I like to take my time when placing snipers as I think they can make a big difference to a mission.

I'm no expert when it comes to map making but I like to change it where I can as I think it brings new life into an old map, I just hope my creations are not getting to big.

Once my next mission is ready for testing (shouldn't be to long now)I will get this one released.

Cheers, :thumbsup:

John

John,

I don't think that the missions are getting too big. If anything, we would like to see them bigger. Last practice we had 11 players in the server. That means that most missions don't last that long. So our needs are definitely for bigger missions and if you have fewer players you can always play the Lone Wolf version. I think you ought to try something like Bogie's Harry Lee mission and shoot for a 1,000. It's a good round number. :D

Rahn

John,

I agree with Rahnman, I do not believe that the missions are to long. It was long for us because we only had three people testing it out and maybe, ah, we suck! :P

If you had more people on the server I think it will go a lot quicker as they normally split into squad and go for different objectives. As far as the Havoc's if you can randomly select one havoc to stay until there mission is complete then that is fine. That would keep us on our toes. I was thinking about making the last Havoc remain because theoretically the Ghost are escaping to their extract and the Havoc would remain to GET ALL the Ghost because of their "pride". That was where I was leading with the storyline. However if you could also randomly select another Havoc prior to that that would be awesome as well!!! :thumbsup:

More AI, ah over 1000?? :hmm:

Ah "GO FOR IT!!!!!" w00t