classroom web page project...

migryder

Wow after seeing some of the art work posted here I'm humbled...but here are two pics of a web page design I came up with for the 3rd project in the above mentioned class...we have to design a web site front page...this is what I have to date...we'll learn how to slice 'n dice this week...the project is geared toward the art work side though...

so its a GR site for mods...mea culpa..I mean no disrespect to Ubisoft, RSE, or GRIN...my instructor would not allow me to use the legal logos stating anybody can go get those and this shoud be more like a porrtfolio piece demonstrating our skills...weird since he goes on n on about illegal, immoral, and unethical if you know what I mean...anyway, I made up some fake logos for the studios and publisher...most images are from the web, more over, at least one is taken from this site(the GRAW figurine pic)...once again no disrespect intended and this is meant to satisfy classroom requisits only...just thought some here might get a kick out of it...Needless to state, the background is a screen from Bludawg's retext of DOCKs map..I solarized it for depth...

the first is what you get when you arrive at the web site..the second shows how the goto mods buttons would react to a cursor...same for the logos but no text overlay for those and for the banner, the ret shows under Third Party and over A Home...the image res is 1024x768 to satisfy older laptop/PC monitors.

http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t101/mi...ageproject1.jpg

http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t101/mi...ageproject2.jpg

mig

funny how doing something like this can show you flaws you miss otherwise...damn mildot is a pain....I colorized that btw..

Looking good, the GHOST RECON text looks like it jumps up a pixel or two with the ret overlay, dunno if that is intentional, but it might look a bit funny when you get the roll over working.

yea, that Cheytac 'hot' button got messed up and I had to try and realign(rescale)...so I failed..guess maybe I'll just redux that one..

thanks

mig