''Coop_killzone'' remake of Bogie Mayday!Mayday&#3

Rpghard

Ya that's right it's official I am back at least to make this one :)...I made this thread cause now I know that they are severals ''beta-testers'' here :whistle: on GR.net :) so to make the best product as possible I will need your help...

As soon as I have something interesting to test I will post a link on this thread as right now my biggest challenge was to solved the conflict problems with Bogie's Pollux mission which I finaly fixed it :yes: ....I also found that making a day map will make the AI react better I etend to put heavy snipers and patrol tanks to help them out as well ;) ...

Be ready to kill or die :rofl: ....to be continued

P.S.Tks a lot Bogie for making such an amazing work on this one and letting play with it also :o=

Rpghard,

Hi Rpghard,

It's great to see you are making missions again, let's hope you do make more than one as we always need good mission modders.

When you do release a beta version can you post it in the "Mod Beta Testing" forum this will keep all the beta's together and make it easier for the beta testers to find.

Looking forward to testing your mission.

Thanks, :thumbsup:

John

Just an FYI, there are Historical Walls surrounding the CH47 that do not have lightmaps and two Industrial Ramps that are not textured at all and will need to be replaced if you are using that section.

...my biggest challenge was to solved the conflict problems with Bogie's Pollux mission which I finaly fixed it :yes: ....I also found that making a day map will make the AI react better ...

Rpghard,

What was the conflict with the mission? In the back areas (trigger 04) I set the AI to only have 3 man patrols, removed the Havoc that triggered at the same time, relayed portions of the AI Graph, reduced the amound of triggers that could occur... nothing seemed to help. Although on local LAN, we tested last night with new AI Graph, reduced AI and a patroling tank that works... we had no issues. It just seems to occur on the web servers.

What environment are you using - or should I say Sky maps that reduce the amount of processing. Most of my environments have been customized over the few months I've been doing this... so any ideas to make this map better, please let me know.

Thanks,

Bogie

Hi Rpghard,

It's great to see you are making missions again, let's hope you do make more than one as we always need good mission modders.

When you do release a beta version can you post it in the "Mod Beta Testing" forum this will keep all the beta's together and make it easier for the beta testers to find.

Looking forward to testing your mission.

Thanks, :thumbsup:

John

Can you transfer this thread there?Sry it was an old habit to start it here :lol: ...until I'm not satisfy there will be no public beta I always do first beta myself and correct as it go...it will be a pleasure to test it with you :yes: ...

Just an FYI, there are Historical Walls surrounding the CH47 that do not have lightmaps and two Industrial Ramps that are not textured at all and will need to be replaced if you are using that section.

What was the conflict with the mission? It was an Invalid path file same as I get when made Castle_day...it was happenning when I have your map Bollux +mine in the custom_levels folder...I didNt know how you do it and search for solution cause that I like to do so what I did was changing 'pollux' prefixe everywhere and replaced it by ''killzone'' and I'm glad it works

What environment are you using - or should I say Sky maps that reduce the amount of processing. Most of my environments have been customized over the few months I've been doing this... so any ideas to make this map better, please let me know.

I will use only one version of the map with defferent sky changes in real time...and I'll put as many enemy as possiblelike 60 all the time should be ok it keep fps between 70-150 :o= ...I got to go I'm tired cyu later all..

Thanks,

Bogie

This map is giving much trouble :wall: ...I got 160 fps and sudenly it drop to 16-20 fps for no reason cause theres no or very few AI on the map specialy in F5 area near tunnel...I also see that is a big landscape under the map <_< ...in the editor is there a way to remove it?I think that I will put this one aside and finished 2 maps that I have started and never finishing it..one is with Crashsite and the other with Nowhere I think...

It is very important for me that the AI isvery accurate and deadly quick...you give to much to the props and statics and theres nothing left for the AI its like that and we have to deal with it...I also want to make them spawn so that you can't feel the lag like many small waves instead of a bunch that spawn and drop your fps to much and cause major lag...yep the game has is limits and a good knowledge of them will make us better modders and deliver better final products.

Can you transfer this thread there?Sry it was an old habit to start it here ...

Hi Rpghard, I think it's best to leave this thread where it is as it's become a discussion rather than a beta testing thread. What I meant was if you release a beta mission then post it in the Beta Testing forum and not on this thread like you said you intended to.

This forum is a good place to discuss missions that are released or missions that are pre-release betas as yours is.

Disappointed to hear the map is giving you problems, It would have been good to see another coop on it, maybe Bogie could help out.

Don't give up, :thumbsup:

John

Good news ...I have fixed the lag problem it was because of my AI graph that was to big so I've redone it and I also removed all the dynamics and covers,some trees and lamps,the stryker wreck,limo,lambo,Ch47,dave_mine and dave_door.

All this I have to do to give place for a decent fight...

Although on local LAN, we tested last night with new AI Graph, reduced AI and a patroling tank that works... we had no issues. It just seems to occur on the web servers.

Thanks,

Bogie

Like you said the major problems must be occur on the web servers...must be a gamespy problems that cannot afford a certain size of mission?when you say local lan do you mean Hamachi?

As right now the AI reaction is very good but I do have random lag cause by the internet(gamespy) on my server F.O.A.D that is a client server.

I want to know if your mission do the same on a client server that it does on a dedicated server?

I want to know if your mission do the same on a client server that it does on a dedicated server?

Little confuse on the client / dedicated server definition. My assumption is that a client server is one that you start (say at home) as opposed to a dedicated is one that is from a commercial site.

With that said the Barking Spider is a dedicated server and we would be more than happy to test out the latest version. Furthermore, we can schedule a time when we agree to log on and test the map in question. I can place a password, if necessary, to allow certain individuals to log on and confirm the maps integrity...

Like you said the major problems must be occur on the web servers...must be a gamespy problems that cannot afford a certain size of mission?when you say local lan do you mean Hamachi?

I just have up to 4 PCs (3 with this map) that are all in the same room where my PC is the Host & my client and two other attach to it via a standard router.

All of my missions utilize the same code for LAN and Web (GameSpy) games. However, we have seen a few tasks, props, etc. that react differently on local LAN\WAN games than on the dedicated Game Servers such as blue diamonds on friendlies, sometimes unable to attach via C4, certain props causing crashes, non syncing of props, etc.

For this map, in the current state that you had it, it was working fine on the local LAN level with performance, but with considerable lag online that included the freezing of the AI - to what we are calling "dumb AI".

Hope this helps. I've actually made some adjustments to reduce texture size without reducing quality, reducing some of the more dynamic props (trees), adjusting the AI graph for both the vehicles and humans... we'll see if this next revision for Bastion de Pollux works better online.

Thanks,

Bogie

Ya that's right it's official I am back at least to make this one :)...I made this thread cause now I know that they are severals ''beta-testers'' here :whistle: on GR.net :) so to make the best product as possible I will need your help...

As soon as I have something interesting to test I will post a link on this thread as right now my biggest challenge was to solved the conflict problems with Bogie's Pollux mission which I finaly fixed it :yes: ....I also found that making a day map will make the AI react better I etend to put heavy snipers and patrol tanks to help them out as well ;) ...

Be ready to kill or die :rofl: ....to be continued

P.S.Tks a lot Bogie for making such an amazing work on this one and letting play with it also :o=

Rpghard,

i HI RPGhard

Like i diden like 1 yers ago when you say you need a break from Graw 1 and 2 i did now we gone lose a wery god mapmakers like this time bot now happi to se you back again in the field to make gode maps as i now you are, so i will say welcome back RPGhard loke fore to get in the field whit you again as old time =[GE]=GhostSoldiers Elite

=[GE]=ebk52 allways welcome on the serv( Sorry my english is not the best )

HI RPGhard

Like i diden like 1 yers ago when you say you need a break from Graw 1 and 2 i did now we gone lose a wery god mapmakers like this time bot now happi to se you back again in the field to make gode maps as i now you are, so i will say welcome back RPGhard loke fore to get in the field whit you again as old time =[GE]=GhostSoldiers Elite

=[GE]=ebk52 allways welcome on the serv( Sorry my english is not the best )

Ya exactly 1 year break Ebk52 you right and it was needed :)...this map really give me the hook again on modding again tks to Bogie.

As right now here's a little update on the map so far...first I have solve all the issues :yes: ...you will spawn in the castle a couple of waves will come in the castle...when you reach door entrance dust sky will came and waves of AI will come over and over to try stopping you get out...only in this small part there will be around 200 AI :o= ...then you'll go down the hill and you'll spawn a patrol tank that will come with a bunch of AI and if you destroy the tank that will spawn an havoc + another bunch of AI...now it should put the ai count to 240 and you're still near the castle...I will set this part today...to be continued...

Don't worry ebk I did't forgot you...you're my friend and as soon as the map ready for a first test you'll ear from me :D ...

As I start working on another map...this one will probably delayed a bit...I did exactly what I said there's around 260 enemies near castle with a patrol tank and a havoc ...and the map is very well balance no lag the AI is just great :)...what took long is the amount of testing that I am doing I want the map to be perfect and I also want to please myself which is not an easy thing to do :D ...don't expect from me to do mapping fast like before now I take my time ....when you gonna have them you'll be very happy I garanteed :o= ... :whistle: