Lone Wolf Pack: The Sanchez Missions

Finally completed this and tested. I was able to correct the errors with the early Fog maps (Occupation & Escape from Juarez). Played through each one and all is working fine.

Next on the agenda is focusing on getting the early Vitale Missions their Lone Wolf counterparts, trying to stabilize the Sanchez Campign a little more (possible update), converting the Vitale Missions to Campaign and Wrapping up the Vitale missions.

Bundle Location -> http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?aoqmbjmgg1m

Missions Author: Bogie

File Size: 58.6 Mb

Version: 2.0

The screenshot is in the zip file.

Description in the quotes below:

LONE WOLF PACK: THE SANCHEZ MISSIONS

The Lone Wolf Sanchez Missions are a redesign of the LAN\Web Coop Sanchez Missions scripted with the single or two players in mind. Each redesign of the Sanchez missions is easier for single play and has the following differences from their coop counterpart:

- Missions on the Multiplayer LAN Server screen are preceded by “coop_LoneWolf_” versus “coop_Bogie_”

- All missions now have NARCOM video

- All missions now have ambient sounds with most having dynamic music in certain areas

- The initial AI storming of the entry spawning point have been removed

- AI have been shuffled around within the missions to create a new experience for those familiar with the coop counterparts

- As with the coop missions, the AI are in different locations between the various environments of the same map

- Reduced AI patrols, snipers and mounted 50 caliber weapons for all maps

- Reduced file size for the earlier maps for increased performance

- All missions can be loaded in conjunction with their coop counterparts

- Fixed a few aesthetic issues such as the mines in Oasis now have sound.

- Reduced multiple armor and helicopters for various missions that made it impossible without team member assistance

The 24 missions in chronological playing order:

- Operation: Evicted Occupation (Day, Night & Fog versions)

- Escape from Juarez (Day, Night & Fog versions)

- Operation: Hostile Oasis (Day, Night & Fog versions)

- Operation: Oceanic Suppression (Day & Night version) Map Design by [HI] Galor

- Relative Sanctuary (Day version) Map Design by Radiator EBDA

- Mercenary Village (Day, Night & Fog versions) Map Design by TanATos B52, XdxXdy & Sg.Nly Papo

- Sanchez City (Day, Night & Fog versions) Map Design by Sg.Nly Papo

- Toxic Revolutionaries Part I (Day, Night & Fog versions)

- Toxic Revolutionaries Part II (Day, Night & Fog versions)

Please read the “lone_wolf_sanchez.txt” in the zip file for each mission objectives and the Sanchez storyline.

These Lone Wolf maps are NOT RECOMMENDED to be installed on the public servers by their administrators for massive online play who should stick to the “coop_Bogie” maps for rotation.

To install, please unzip the coop_bogie_lonewolf_sanchezmissions_v2.bundle into your GR:AW2 “custom_levels” directory. To play, enter GR:AW2 and click on “Multiplayer”, then “LAN Only”, then “Create Server”. Select the missions you would like to engage from the left window titled “Levels”. Click the “Add” button between the two windows to put the mission in your map cycle. Click on “Create Server” and enjoy the games.

Hi Bogie,

Great work on these maps, loved playing the originals lone wolf, so maybe I will get a bit of peace in these ones.

Just wondered if you could put a cafe some where in the maps so we can take a tea break half way through, were going to need it with 24 missions to complete. :blink:

Keep up the excellent work, :thumbsup:

John

• 3 weeks later...

If I understand both of you correctly, you want the enemy tangos within the missions to use the Brettzies weapons. Unfortunatly, the only way that I understand how to do this would be to create a separate AI mod that you could use with the missions - but I do not know how to do this.

Right now, the enemy AI are setup with the standard weapons layout as defined by the GRAW2 program. So if you are not using Brettzies, you will see more diversity with the weapons. Since Brett has modified the standard weapons with his mod, the coop missions cannot find them and default to the G36 (for the majority of the patrol class weapons); so there is a little less diverse weapons that the AI are using.

So the quick answer is that either it cannot be done or it would require a completely new mod and all missions would need to be redone with only "Brettzies Weapons".

If I am mistaken in my thinking, please someone educate me.

Thanks,

Bogie

Hi Bogie,

Can't speak for Eric...but I think he is wanting the same as I...we the human players (smile) wanted the ability to select the weapons & equipment loadout for ourselves. I am content to let the computer select the AI (enemy) loadout.

It's difficult to believe that a Rifleman has NO grenades, or that Assault has only 1 frag, and Demolition has none.

I like the scenarios you have put out for our enjoyment....simply was wishing for a bit more flexibility in selecting my (our) individual loadouts.

Thanks!

IndyAries - USMC

The weapon mods and the coop\lonewolf mission mods are completely separate. There are weapon modifications out there that you can add (like Brettzies) that can be utilized with the various coop & team vs team maps. So if you want additional weapons and\or layouts within the missions, I would suggest downloading these from the weapons mod download section.

The mission scripting is a completely different entity and you cannot integrate the weapons in them.

Hope this helps to clarify.

Bogie

Hello Bogie,

I appreciate your reply. I have Brettzies mod running. I apologize for not clarifying this earlier.

I typically select RIFLEMAN as my persona in the Lone Wolf games. The RIFLEMAN is equipped with a G36 unsilenced rifle with red dot sight, and an MP5SD with iron sights, no grenades.

Is it possible to modify the loadout of the RIFLEMAN, or for that matter the SUPPORT, ASSAULT, etc., persona's to have different kits than the default that always appears? If not possible at the beginning of the game, is it possible to mod the XMLs then open the game?

TIA,

IndyAries - USMC

Indy,

Are you aware that there are many different weapons choices withing the rifleman category. If you click on the yellow arrows below each classification, you can scroll through many different choices of weapons configurations for the given class. So for rifleman, you are not restricted to the G36. Also, with the brettzies mod, the assault class has a great weapon choices along with 3 grenades and 1 cannister of smoke. You may already know this, but your reply sounded like you didn't. Hope this helps. ;)

Rahn

Indy,

Are you aware that there are many different weapons choices withing the rifleman category. If you click on the yellow arrows below each classification, you can scroll through many different choices of weapons configurations for the given class. So for rifleman, you are not restricted to the G36. Also, with the brettzies mod, the assault class has a great weapon choices along with 3 grenades and 1 cannister of smoke. You may already know this, but your reply sounded like you didn't. Hope this helps. ;)

Rahn

DUH?!?! (smacking myself on the head). Yes, it sure did!! I have always played SP until I downloaded these missions. I had no idea that kit selections were available.

Thank you for bringing that to my attention !!

Indy,

No prob., and don't feel bad, some of my fellow clan members and I were joking the other day about how we played co-ops for over a month before seeing those little yellow arrows. I thought maybe you had to accumulate points or time played before you could get the "good" weapons. I used to run around on the map trying to pick up weapons that others had dropped. :blush: SYOTB,

Rahn

• 9 months later...

Thank you, Bogie. I really enjoy these maps. I've completed the two first maps.

Just one minor error though:

I played Escape from Juarez (Lone Wolf Escape Day v2). Sniper 2 is hard to find because the green target (where to find sniper 2) is way off.

Thanks again.

Edited by nowind