Enemies deleted but still come to play

juhomma

Please provide us with more detailed information. I assume you altered an existing mission file (.mis) through the IGOR script editor? Did you then create a new mod for the changed mission that overrides the original? Are you talking about a full mission or firefight? Because for firefights the enemies get placed at specific locations on the map defined by zones/points that are setup separately from enemies in missions, so maybe that's your problem?

Did you save changes in Igor?

Did you restart GR after making changes?

Try renaming the map and mission in Igor.

Go to edit choose map ... then do the same for mission.

Deleting map points will make firefights not function properly.

Deleting zones will probably make firefights and missions not work correctly.

Probably a good idea to do this creating your own mod.

If you don't what to make your own mod,

at least make a copy of the mission and then edit and rename it in Igor.

if you're trying to have a different mission on a particular map...give the "mod' that you want to script a mission on some map from priority in game - Options - Mods ...so Desert Siege is highest priority if you want a desert map...or Island Thunder for a jungle map....no need to change anything if orgimiss is where your map is, but you'll have to navigate there from either DS or IT in IGOR...close the game...if no other mods are involved make sure that only mp1 and mp2 are checked as active in IGOR...OK now - click on NEW under Edit...A Select Template Mission(optional) GUI will pop up with the missions for that "mod" DS or IT...hit Cancel...now a new GUI called Map Properties will pop up.....click on the tab next to Environment...and a Select Environment GUI will pop up...open the folder of the map you want to create a mission on...for instance..C01_Plantation under Island Thunder\Map...now click on the Env file - for this one its tree_map.env...then click on OK and voila! the map opens void of any scripted elements...so get scripting now..BTW under map properties check Available to custom game types...for firefight mode and such...you don't have to name the map anything but you can - I generally name the map the same thing as the mission title blah blah..you could over ride the environment - make it rain if there are clouds and such......there may be other things you have to be sure and do in the mission/map/briefing menus of your mission file..for making it available in MP or whatever...hope this helps you out

mig :ph34r:

While everything in the previous posts is correct, I think mig and wombat missed item #3 in post #5... He is deleting the mission contents and then launching a firefight on the map.... Firefight will spawn a group of enemies in specifically named zones on the map for you to hunt down (what is default firefight 30 tangos??). If you want to test your mission, you need to choose the "quick mission" option -- as suggested above, you will be well served to save your new mission under a new filename and to change it's ingame name (under edit->mission if I recall correctly).

Good luck and enjoy Igor.

[note: you do not need to restart GR for changes to a mission to take effect, just be sure to select a different mission, then reselect yours from the mission list]

made my comments because in #3 he states he deletes everything including zones and points and I thought they are required to play a friefight anyway...but TBH I no nothing of gtfs or any mp scripts...but if you are deleting all chrs, zones, and points why not just start with an empty map? save the hassel of having to delete all that?

how ever you do it hope it works out....

Yeah, that's a good point. I have no clue how firefight behaves if it does not have the properly named zones into which it can spawn its tangos. I would expect it to CTD, but it could just as well scatter the tangos all over the map essentially randomly -- that might explain the behavior that was reported in the OP.

yea that part is weird..like a bunch of AI with Platoon or Team AI off...eh? your thought makes sense there...but I think if the points and zones are not there the game just won't allow you to select firfight/defend/recon? Like I stated in not so many words...we need an experienced mp scripter here...

Maybe it's not even saving. Will Igor save over a Read-Only file (as all the origmiss .mis files are)?

No, you must save the mission file as a different name.

Considering juhomma is removing everything, would be best to select new mission instead of open mission, then select the map you want and all the sounds and zones will be there ready from the original map. If you start a fresh map by picking enviroment first, you will have to put all the sound effects and zones on there yourself.

Buehgler_AS

I have no clue how firefight behaves if it does not have the properly named zones into which it can spawn its tangos. I would expect it to CTD, but it could just as well scatter the tangos all over the map essentially randomly

If he is just making a new mission with the preaction command of spawn enemy patrol force, he does not need any zones, all will be fine, spawned all over the map at random. But for a standard firefight, (gtf) to work on his map, the zones that are dictated when exporting the gtf must be present on the map, or else the map will simply not show up in the map list once firefight is selected as game type.

:)

If he is just making a new mission with the preaction command of spawn enemy patrol force, he does not need any zones, all will be fine, spawned all over the map at random. But for a standard firefight, (gtf) to work on his map, the zones that are dictated when exporting the gtf must be present on the map, or else the map will simply not show up in the map list once firefight is selected as game type.

From what I saw......

He indicated that he was taking an existing mission and deleting all the actors, zones, etc.

I presume/hope he is also clearing/deleting the entire script.

I also hope he is renaming the mission/map under edit->map and saving this to a new file, but that is not confirmed.

After doing this he is apparently launching a firefight on this "new" map and seeing lots of tangos.

As I recall the appearance of a map/mission on the list associated with any "custom game type" (e.g. "(sp) firefight.gtf") is purely a function of checking the "Available to custom game types" checkbox on the edit->map dialog (I think that was it's name, I did not check).

If my conjecture is correct, then I would not be surprised to see the "spawn opposing force" responses from the GTF create tangos scattered randomly all over the map. During the process of figuring out how to build MP missions that would support 27 players we had plenty of screw-ups where we failed to add insertion zones for player platoons and the reaction of the engine was to happily scatter the platoon in question all over the map. It would not surprise me that the same code is involved in placing the tangos for a spawned group.

Whatever the underlying magic may be, the fix is to select Quick Mission rather than Firefight -- you should also follow the above advise and use the "new" button, rather than spend time deleting things off of an existing mission, and be sure to visit the edit->mission and edit->map dialogs to configure your mission correctly.

Good luck :ph34r: