"PC Market is the largest"

Study Claims PC Market is the Largest

This year the PC gaming market is worth over $20 billion, that figure will rise to $34 billion before 2012, and since 2005 there has been more gaming PCs shipped than the Wii, PS3 and 360 combined.

PC gaming gets no respect? - The numbers show otherwise

Game consoles, especially the vaunted Wii, have captured the imagination of game developers, pundits, and the channel. Ask anyone and they’ll tell you console games and consoles are way, like WAY bigger market than that lowly PC gaming market. Hmmm, always be cautious of the common wisdom.

Fact is the PC Gaming Market is bigger, worth more money, growing faster, and has better technology than the console market. How come no one but us seems to know that?

Rocky, casual market and MMOs make up a huge percentage of the overall 'game market'.

There is no doubt more money for electronic entertainment on PCs than there is consoles. That said, if you narrow the market to ONLY the types of games you see across both platforms -- 'gamer' games, videogames as we all think of them, consoles are winning by a wide margin at this time. The market is bigger, but the side of the market gaming companies like Ubi, EA, Activision, and Atari target is smaller.

I haven't read the full thing yet, but how can they say that when Ubi's sales figures show the PC at 10% with the consoles share at over 30%?

Game sales best ever, all cat.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_best-...ing_video_games

The problem is, there all after (well most of them), all after UNITS, MFI, IKEA ship'em but where has the magic gone. PC market is a special place, like in 'Bladerunner' where something like DCS Blackshark by Eagle Dynamics dare tread...

Christmas time means Humbug time .. ;)

I haven't read the full thing yet
if you had you would have found out they were talking about gaming machines not games :P

its simplistically tying to say that because more gaming specific PC's are sold and each one costing more, PC players must have and spend more ££$$

but how can they say that when Ubi's sales figures show the PC at 10% with the consoles share at over 30%?
that just means consolers buy more UBI products than PC gamers...

Hmm :hmm: I wonder why that could be... ;)

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I haven't read the full thing yet, but how can they say that when Ubi's sales figures show the PC at 10% with the consoles share at over 30%?

Game sales best ever, all cat.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_best-...ing_video_games

The problem is, there all after (well most of them), all after UNITS, MFI, IKEA ship'em but where has the magic gone. PC market is a special place, like in 'Bladerunner' where something like DCS Blackshark by Eagle Dynamics dare tread...

Christmas time means Humbug time .. ;)

RollerCoaster Tycoon only sold 4 million? Ahh ok, after looking at the source it's from 2002 (pretty old) and they're only counting North American sales. I would wager it's probably much more than that.