THQ Ships CoH: Opposing Fronts

Pave Low

• 3 weeks later...

My experience with OF has been a blast so far:

Upon installation it promptly told me it would uninstall the original CoH. A first for me in over a decade of using expansion packs.

Then when I launched it I was told I need a patch downloaded to play online. I don't even play online, but there was no access to any kind of single player menu.

Nevermind, I thought all I had to do was download the patch via the game screen and I would be allowed to access SP. Of course the patch doesn't download. I've made three attempts so far and it always times out telling me it was unable to download.

Now if I knew exaclty what the name of the patch was maybe I could download it elsewhere. No dice.

So I have a $50 paper weight sitting on my desk. Come on Relic - expansion packs are hardly groundbreaking - everyone else has done it. Why do I have to lose my hard-earned money and the old game to boot?

I'd love to tell you what I think of the game, but I simply cannot get to play it.

No problem now - eventually the patch downloaded, but in the end it took three days to get everything right.

I'm digging the Commandos for the British side: load up a six-man squad with two scavenged Panzershrecks and an MG42 and you have the most powerful infantry unit on the map. Mmmm....MG42s.....