1st map in final testing

dirtbag

Hi all,

My 1st coop map the Crucible is about done, I am doing the last balancing and some quick testing on my alternate rig to insure performance is reasonable.

I just need some feedback on the basic plan:

The basic mission is the destruction of 4 targets, these are randomly selected at game start. Several have multiple components. There are 16 possible targets, so the games should be fairly different each time.

In addition to foot & vehicle patrols and fixed defenses there are a number of reinforcements for the AI team, these include gunships, tanks and heli borne Inf.

I have a number of RPG caches on the map (this is undergoing testing for balance), they are not available until the Ghosts reach a downed team and activate a satcom. The satcom is shown as soon as a tank or heli comes into play.

I realize without playing the map feedback is a little difficult, but any thoughts would be good. I have a post in this section, Titled 1st Coop Map for more info.

• 2 weeks later...

Update

Most everything is working, other than some issues with vehicles (they do the strangest things for no reason).

I have a target problem, that causes a crash. It only happens if you blow a target truck up with something other than C4. Still trying to find a work around for that one.

I am just double checking scripts and verifying there is enough AI coverage for this to be a challenge. Work just keeps getting in the way.

A few more large screen shots:

Enemy Helo's test

Tough Commute

This is how I check coverage, and make sure there are no stupidly huge gaps in enemy coverage.

AI locations

A note on helo's if you are using fast rope have at least 2500 in altitude, it was fun watching the enemy drop through the ground.

My random backup for the Ai works pretty good, they get lost once in a while and end up somewhere unexpected but for multiplayer coop that should be lots of fun. There is the odd vehicle collision, but not terrible amounts although upside tanks that still shoot are annoying.

Random RPG's for player use, bravo team data center and target locations are work perfectly now (since I fixed some typos).

One thing I have found is that complex sets of actions take a fair bit of testing. For anyone else venturing there, I stop everything except what I am testing from spawning and then test just that section. Takes longer but it is a lot easier to fix and verify activity.