GRAW2 Maps...8 maps? 18 maps? 24 maps? How many game modes? WHA...

Ick

Well, here is all of the data I could gather about the maps and game modes in one place. Everything here is pretty much confirmed and verifiable.

http://www.ick.bz/weapons-lists.html

It is the second item on the page.

As you can see, pretty much every game mode is available on every map. About the only thing restricted to certain maps is the Campaign mission.....which makes sense.

I believe that there are a few game modes that they have not told us about yet. So far we do know that:

"Helo Hunt:" is a co-op game mode that is back.

"Takedown" is a new team game focusing on an "officer" team member.

The new "time of Day Progression" setting that he host chooses is explained on page 2. If you ask me, this really expands the map selection beyond "18" as they state...but this is simply my opinion.

If you note any additional information let me know. I will update the listing.

Well, here is all of the data I could gather about the maps and game modes in one place. Everything here is pretty much confirmed and verifiable.

http://www.ick.bz/weapons-lists.html

It is the second item on the page.

As you can see, pretty much every game mode is available on every map. About the only thing restricted to certain maps is the Campaign mission.....which makes sense.

I believe that there are a few game modes that they have not told us about yet. So far we do know that:

"Helo Hunt:" is a co-op game mode that is back.

"Takedown" is a new team game focusing on an "officer" team member.

The new "time of Day Progression" setting that he host chooses is explained on page 2. If you ask me, this really expands the map selection beyond "18" as they state...but this is simply my opinion.

If you note any additional information let me know. I will update the listing.

Nice work Ick..as always. One question though the way I'm reading your grid is that every map is playable in every mode. Why designate just 8 "adversarial" maps if every map can be played coop or adverserial. And for me by adverserial I'm assuming that means some form of versus.

I think the differentiation they were trying to make was that:

Adversarial - maps designed for all the game types we are used to....except campaign.

Co-op maps - maps designed for co-op missions. Generally HUGE maps. I believe these games were also included in the standard game types we are also used to.

Cut-down Maps - I think they gave these maps a separate category since they are not "technicly" additional maps, but cut-down version of the multiplayer maps.

I THINK that is why they show them like that. Certainly these Cut-down maps might be too small for,say, blind siege? I dunno.

Good points. For me I hope they give them all to us and let us decide which ones we want to play what on. Too small for some may be just right for others. I'm all about choices...like the altered weather/time of day setting. That's gold!! We need more of that dynamic on the fly changes.

Some of the confusion comes from a desire not to "overpromise" and to avoid some of the confusion that surrounded Chapter 2. I would rather people be pleasantly surprised than unpleasantly surprised. ;)

If you are saying we could choose a number of different times of day, I would be ecstatic. If you are saying that we have at least two choices for 8 of the maps to give us at least 26 "playing areas" I will be very pleased. :thumbsup:

I read in the newest OXM, that had an article about GRAW2, that it would have a new version of Embassy (is this Embassy from GR1 and GRIT?)

Also they are supposed to support clans in game in some fashion.

Any word on if Embassy is truly a new map, can anyone confirm this OXM article. I've seen it, but I'm not sure if it means a update of the GR1 Embassy map.

I read in the newest OXM, that had an article about GRAW2, that it would have a new version of Embassy (is this Embassy from GR1 and GRIT?)

Also they are supposed to support clans in game in some fashion.

Any word on if Embassy is truly a new map, can anyone confirm this OXM article. I've seen it, but I'm not sure if it means a update of the GR1 Embassy map.

I don't have the OXM to confirm but I'm pretty sure I read a post from Serellan a week or so ago that said they were bringing back Embassy but it was going to be updated with new textures to match the look and feel of the setting in Mexico. From a layout standpoint, buildings/roads etc it was going to say pretty much the same.

I was wondering if the rumors about weather/ climate controls will be included in online play. If so what types of weather will be supported?

If not a snow level would be great! I think that would be a blast in multiplayer. If my memory serves me right Summit Strike had some in this environment and they were a blast to play!

Any insight would be great!