The Fountain

calius

his best? big call

Not sure what you mean i said "finest". Though its not PI but a great story mixed with his "thing" that can only be described as keeps you watching and working it out even after the film. If you know what hes about ... basicly he's done it right again.

All I know is he has his head firmly in places such as 2012 Mayans and all that area, he pulls this off in this film very well and although you could say blatant .. its done without being too obvious.

It goes to places Apocolypto wont, put it that way (Mayan ref).

Yeh PI was superb, I remember watching that at a friends on DVD .. knew nothing about it ... got 20 mins in and I was hooked. Requiem is shot to pieces (great) but has a story to tell too.

This film has some superb eye candy and visual effects ... just done right & the soundtrack is great.

(Did I say I liked it at all ?? :P ) :rocky:

• 1 month later...
Hugh Jackman, who stars in Darren Aronofsky's epic science-fiction love story The Fountain, told SCI FI Wire that he was disappointed to read news reports of audience members booing at a screening at the Venice Film Festival, when there were much more interesting stories that could have been written about the event. "The truth was, at that press screening, about 80 percent of the people gave it a standing ovation, and about 20 percent of the people booed," Jackman said in an interview while promoting his latest film, The Prestige. "And a fight began between the press. And two of them had to be pulled apart. And I thought, 'That's a great story. Why wasn't that story told?' That's exactly how the movie, I think, will be seen."

When a film does this at a screening you know its worth a peep. Notice the press try to milk the bad side, plus I cant se many showing of this local to me at standard cinemas ... couple that together and in my book thats a great film with something to say.

I cant seem to find many cinemas showing this (UK) .. what a suprise <_< . Anyone have this shown or showing local to them at all (UK)? I did a google search and on local cinema websites etc but came up with just Birmingham & London.

Have you seen it yet dan?

Hugh Jackman, who stars in Darren Aronofsky's epic science-fiction love story The Fountain, told SCI FI Wire that he was disappointed to read news reports of audience members booing at a screening at the Venice Film Festival, when there were much more interesting stories that could have been written about the event. "The truth was, at that press screening, about 80 percent of the people gave it a standing ovation, and about 20 percent of the people booed," Jackman said in an interview while promoting his latest film, The Prestige. "And a fight began between the press. And two of them had to be pulled apart. And I thought, 'That's a great story. Why wasn't that story told?' That's exactly how the movie, I think, will be seen."

When a film does this at a screening you know its worth a peep. Notice the press try to milk the bad side, plus I cant se many showing of this local to me at standard cinemas ... couple that together and in my book thats a great film with something to say.

I cant seem to find many cinemas showing this (UK) .. what a suprise <_< . Anyone have this shown or showing local to them at all (UK)? I did a google search and on local cinema websites etc but came up with just Birmingham & London.

Have you seen it yet dan?

yeah, i've seen it in cardiff. it's a winner!!! should be showing in ugc or vue.

yeah, i've seen it in cardiff. it's a winner!!! should be showing in ugc or vue.

Ok cheers mate :thumbsup: , I want to witness this in its fullest glory on the widescreen very loud .. especialy the final scenes, I was gutted when it wasnt in any of my local main cinemas ... will check further me thinks.

• 4 months later...

Well I finally got this on DVD (cinema release was sparse, what a surprise) .. ooooooh this is a keeper and then some :rocky: . If anyone hasn't seen it and would like to see a very unique film that will grab anyone by the short and curly's in one way or another (works on many levels), grab it on DVD.

I would also like to point out i'm not affiliated with the makers of this film, I just rate the director, I will shut up about it now.

:thumbsup:

If anyone hasn't seen it and would like to see a very unique film that will grab anyone by the short and curly's in one way or another (works on many levels), grab it on DVD.
Well Cal.......on this recommendation I rented it last night and I wasn't impressed. I found Requiem' hard work, but both films were well made. The making of' extra was interesting, how they originally tried to film it in Oz with lots of extras.

DS

I found Requiem' hard work

Horses for courses as they say, it certainly wont be everyones cup of tea (not sure how many English cliches I can get in one sentence :P ). Darren Oronofsky has read material for this film that is very much old scriptures and texts and such that to make into a film and pull off so well is the main thing.

I have been reading a book that covers allot of background with Mayan history and all things spiritual etc. So I can see how it would be hard work without referring to that is some respects, not all though.

Its a very original film in the way its structured and visually too.

My mate watched it the other night and said "bit weird but I liked it I suppose" classic. This film will be more relevant later on that now in my view, bit before its time ... like (slighty off topic) Reeves & Mortimer humor in 1991, its now in adverts all the time even now, but was looked at a bit blank at the time.