Data Transfer quantity on Server

G'day All,

Could anyone tell me how much data (approximately) a GRAW Server transfers per hour/day/week? Obviously this depends upon the amount of players and other stuff probably?

Just interested to know so I can run a server every now and again without going over my montly data allowance.

Thanks in advance :)

meg and a half a second max for a close to full 32 player server. use 250KB/s to calculate the total, to be on the safe side...

actual is 2.5 mega bytes on a full server

Bandwidth required

2500 kbytes / sec peak

[1.5mb may be a average on a good day]

viii

2500 kbytes / sec peak

viii

2500 kilobytes per second would translate to 20 megabits per second. all the servers running GRAW right this moment combined together won't need that much bandwidth. you're a little confused here, viiiper...

2500 kilobits per second, on the other hand, sounds about right. however, unless your server runs full at all times you'll never spend that much.

250Kb/s or 2 megabits per second should cover both incoming and outgoing traffic to your server, Cormac, allowing you to host for 32 people. well, i'm sure you already took a look at Cheesy's stats for his server in the above mentioned thread...

2500 kbytes / sec peak

viii

2500 kilobytes per second would translate to 20 megabits per second. all the servers running GRAW right this moment combined together won't need that much bandwidth. you're a little confused here, viiiper...

2500 kilobits per second, on the other hand, sounds about right. however, unless your server runs full at all times you'll never spend that much.

250Kb/s or 2 megabits per second should cover both incoming and outgoing traffic to your server, Cormac, allowing you to host for 32 people. well, i'm sure you already took a look at Cheesy's stats for his server in the above mentioned thread...

You nit picker... lol :P ...so to return the favour

250k/b you mean 250k/bits = 250 000 bits ?? = 1/4 meg bit 500 000 = 1/2

1 000 000 = 1 m bit 2 500 000 = 2.5 mbit

2500 k bits I ment to say which is 2.5 mbit

meg and a half a second max for a close to full 32 player server. use 250KB/s to calculate the total, to be on the safe side...

Your post on the other hand used the abbr. for Kilo Bytes !! KB which lead me to make a similar mistake.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/KB

use lower case for kilobit

and you are right the server will never be full.... but if it was, you need to allow for the worst case scenario

=======================

Anyway on a more serious note:

assume 2mbit /sec x 60 sec x 60 min = 7200 mbit per hr.

[or 720mByte per hr assuming 10 bits per KiloByte inc err. correct/ lost data]

So on a lucky day with say 25 players your looking at full load of approx 700MByte / hr

Someone else's server that may of run 5 players for the last week may lead to under est.

viii

p.s. Nice stats, nice