Where are these maps at?

hardcore

Took the liberty of throwing together every map we could find in to a self installer so anyone that would like all the maps installed for them without the mess feel free to grab the Mappack! This will auto install the maps in the correct directory. We will update it as new maps come out. Any problems let us know we will fix it accordingly.

ThanX

http://www.soldierzofkaos.com/sok/CommunityMappack.exe

Edited by SoK-CRiTiCaL

I see you have put my outpost map in your mappack. I am not upset about it but a request would have been nice. takin someones work and releasing it even if it's just a mappack requires the permission of the map maker. some mappers will find it a sort of slap in the face to have there work released in a map pack without there permission.

I don't mind it is there in your mappack and i am not asking you to take it out but i am releasing my own mappack and would like you to ask next time thats all.

Edited by aces.Ghost

I see you have put my outpost map in your mappack. I am not upset about it but a request would have been nice. takin someones work and releasing it even if it's just a mappack requires the permission of the map maker. some mappers will find it a sort of slap in the face to have there work released in a map pack without there permission.

I don't mind it is there in your mappack and i am not asking you to take it out but i am releasing my own mappack and would like you to ask next time thats all.

ThanX man but there are alot of maps that have no readme or anything just the bundle files, such as your outpost map just the bundle. Theres no way of knowing who made them. I would say almost 3/4 of them are like this. Its not a slap in the face to see someone hosting your map on there server and playing it. I used to mod for gr that tickled me pink knowing someone would want to play my mission that i made or use one of my mods. GRIN should integrade a system to identify mapmaker and map name in GAME how hard would that be? Include it in the editor when its bundled. Then there would be little problems. IF i get alot of authors saying hey i dont want mine in a mappack then ill stop doing it tell then the one french site is putting all the maps together and im dropping them in an installer is all. I fully understand your end of it. So far the only one that has complained is Milar and he hasn't made anything.

Edited by SoK-CRiTiCaL

You Downloaded 10 maps that we were working on from our site and decided to add them to your mapack without even asking us if it was ok. Who the ###### do you think you are. and yes asswipe I do make maps also. I aslo created the install for all the maps that were created by BDA members. SOK didnt make any maps what so ever in this. But you decided that on your own accord that you would go to every clan site that was making them and take them to release publically without even asking us if we cared. And yes you punk we do care. We have been saving them getting ready to release our own mapack. This just goes to show the community just how un-ethical and disrespectful this buch of slapnutz they really are. Known for cheats, and bad games. What at bunch of tools. You want to release a mapack then I suggest create some first. and dont worry you will be hearing from all the creators that made these maps very shortly.

Edited by MILAR_BDA

ThanX man but there are alot of maps that have no readme or anything just the bundle files, such as your outpost map just the bundle. Theres no way of knowing who made them. I would say almost 3/4 of them are like this. Its not a slap in the face to see someone hosting your map on there server and playing it. I used to mod for gr that tickled me pink knowing someone would want to play my mission that i made or use one of my mods. GRIN should integrade a system to identify mapmaker and map name in GAME how hard would that be? Include it in the editor when its bundled. Then there would be little problems. IF i get alot of authors saying hey i dont want mine in a mappack then ill stop doing it tell then the one french site is putting all the maps together and im dropping them in an installer is all. I fully understand your end of it. So far the only one that has complained is Milar and he hasn't made anything.

All of my maps are distributed in zip files with a text file, which also includes a contact e-mail address. All of them are for use by the community, however including them in any map "pack" without even contacting me is unprofessional and unacceptible. Please remove them from your map pack.

There's also a good chance you are distributing beta and alpha test versions of my maps which will only cause users to be disconnected from servers running the proper versions. I'd warn any users away from this pack for that reason alone.

Maps of mine that have seen some minor distribution so far are Cerveza Muerta, Tarantino, Dresden, Hard Point, Feet Wet and Strawberry Fields (several HAVE NOT been released to the public yet - only to testers). Hard Point was never released as more than a quick & dirty beta. None of these should be included in your pack.

The Final Release versions of Cerveza Muerta, Tarantino, Dresden and possibly Hard Point will be included in an upcoming map pack release from the BDA (beerdrinkingassassins.com) for anyone anticipating their release.

Thanks.

All of my maps are distributed in zip files with a text file, which also includes a contact e-mail address. All of them are for use by the community, however including them in any map "pack" without even contacting me is unprofessional and unacceptible. Please remove them from your map pack.

There's also a good chance you are distributing beta and alpha test versions of my maps which will only cause users to be disconnected from servers running the proper versions. I'd warn any users away from this pack for that reason alone.

Maps of mine that have seen some minor distribution so far are Cerveza Muerta, Tarantino, Dresden, Hard Point, Feet Wet and Strawberry Fields (several HAVE NOT been released to the public yet - only to testers). Hard Point was never released as more than a quick & dirty beta. None of these should be included in your pack.

The Final Release versions of Cerveza Muerta, Tarantino, Dresden and possibly Hard Point will be included in an upcoming map pack release from the BDA (beerdrinkingassassins.com) for anyone anticipating their release.

Thanks.

Well then someone in your team is releasing them as we got them from the french site http://www.clan-game.com We will look into the maps you mentioned and remove and recompile the mappacks thanx for letting us know!

You Downloaded 10 maps that we were working on from our site and decided to add them to your mapack without even asking us if it was ok. Who the ###### do you think you are. and yes asswipe I do make maps also. I aslo created the install for all the maps that were created by BDA members. SOK didnt make any maps what so ever in this. But you decided that on your own accord that you would go to every clan site that was making them and take them to release publically without even asking us if we cared. And yes you punk we do care. We have been saving them getting ready to release our own mapack. This just goes to show the community just how un-ethical and disrespectful this buch of slapnutz they really are. Known for cheats, and bad games. What at bunch of tools. You want to release a mapack then I suggest create some first. and dont worry you will be hearing from all the creators that made these maps very shortly.

You haven't made any maps your just a community big mouth i could care less what you have to say. Alex was civil and all we asked thanx the 4 u mentioned will be removed asap.

THanx Alex your maps are now removed. Uploading New Zip as this is posted. You have some great maps there look forward to your release to play them!

I anticipate the final releases of four (maybe five) maps within a day. If you wish to include them, all you have to do is ask.