I really hate to go here…again.

BigOlBrain

So I picked up Battlefield 2:MC for the 360. Now I have GRAW for a more realistic shooter, BF2 for run & gun and Oblivion for RPG. So it’s all good but something I can’t help but think every time I play BF2 is how much I would have liked to have a first person weapon view in GRAW. Not that I don’t like the 3rd person, it’s actually not bad at all but every time I see that gun on the screen in BF2 I just kind of sigh and think to myself…”sure would have been nice in GRAW”.

As it is now I play in 3rd but I think if GRAW did have 1st person weapon view I would probably scrap the 3rd person.

And it’s not about what’s more realistic or anything like that…it’s just more immersive imo. But hey that’s just me I guess.

Just a thought but this is the one thing I would steal from the PC version I think.

I prefer the 3rd person, and don't care much for the weapon view because it takes too much space on the screen.

Also, often FPS can make me motion sick, and GRAW OTS has solved that problem for me.

One game that I like how the weapon view on the screen works is America's Army, and for some reason, I don't get motion sick playing that FPS game.

If UBI does make another GR, I would hope that if they include FPWV, they keep OTS.

Personally I would have rather seen FPWV added into the game, rather than the OTS view.

More than that though, I would like to see my feet in FPV. I like how in Halo2 you can look down and see your lower body. I hated this about the first Halo, especially since you can fall down from places.

Either way, I felt bad for all of the FPWV fans.

I agree with you.

However, having spent 4hrs flat out online on BF2, without any downtime between games, I went back to GRAW last night and spent ages trying to get into games, getting dropped, trying to find my mates (and failing). After an hour of this, in which I probably played only 20 minutes, I gave up.

The online experience in GRAW is just so frustrating, I'm beginning to fall out of love with it. It desperately needs patching on the online side.

Does anyone know if there is a fix coming on the "friends invites to ranked rooms" issue?

I agree with you.

However, having spent 4hrs flat out online on BF2, without any downtime between games, I went back to GRAW last night and spent ages trying to get into games, getting dropped, trying to find my mates (and failing).  After an hour of this, in which I probably played only 20 minutes, I gave up.

The online experience in GRAW is just so frustrating, I'm beginning to fall out of love with it.  It desperately needs patching on the online side.

Does anyone know if there is a fix coming on the "friends invites to ranked rooms" issue?

I guess I'm just lucky but I have had no problems online....with GRAW I mean. Searching takes a while sometimes but other than that it's been good for me.