Waypoints in MP

W1ngsh0t

Has anyone figured out how to set a waypoint other than the "Call for help"? Can the "Help" waypoint be placed at a point you are looking at rather than your position?

Select a person in the crosscom, and either use your ret, or the tac map and press "up" for the go to here command. That'll set a waypoint...

...though I don't know if that sets a waypoint for one person or the whole team. If it's one person, I don't know how to do the whole team :D

Could someone who knows the waypoints please give us the complete run down.  Like how do you clear waypoints?  The waypoints seem to have many features but couldn't nail them down last night.

Yeah I would like some details on that as well. Good idea.

I forgot to bring my booklet to work today. :)

When yousay 'Select a person"doyou mean just going to their camera view or is there another step?

Going to their camera view selects them. Like selecting a UAV, Tank or Ghost Squad in SP (if you played any SP, eheh :D). Basically whatever's show in your crosscom is what's receiving your orders (either up to go there/attack, or back to fall back on me).

I'm not sure, but I suspect if you select a player in your crosscom and send a go-here command, everyone on the squad gets it instead of just that one person. I can't tell you that 100% though.

To set a location based waypoint, tap up on the d pad.

To set the person you currently have selected in your crosscom as a waypoint for yourself, hold the d pad up for a second and release.

To set yourself as a waypoint for everyone else (i.e., call for help), tap down on the d-pad.

You can do this either in the action, or by bringing up the intel map.

Waypoints stay up for the whole team for 3 seconds, UNLESS you have that person selected in your crosscom. So if you want a team leader to set all the waypoints, have everyone select him/her in the crosscom. This was done because otherwise, pretty soon you have 16 waypoints all over the screen, it became very confusing.

You can only have one type of waypoint set at once, so if you set a new one, it will cancel out the old one.

Hope this helps.

To set the person you currently have selected in your crosscom as a waypoint for yourself, hold the d pad up for a second and release.

To set yourself as a waypoint for everyone else (i.e., call for help), tap down on the d-pad. 

You can do this either in the action, or by bringing up the intel map.

Waypoints stay up for the whole team for 3 seconds, UNLESS you have that person selected in your crosscom.  So if you want a team leader to set all the waypoints, have everyone select him/her in the crosscom.  This was done because otherwise, pretty soon you have 16 waypoints all over the screen, it became very confusing. 

You can only have one type of waypoint set at once, so if you set a new one, it will cancel out the old one.

Hope this helps.

Goshdarnit, just go and take all the fun out of experimenting, why don't ya? I mean, hey, some of these guys are in college for pete's sake! ;)

Thanks Mr. Rooster!

To set the person you currently have selected in your crosscom as a waypoint for ........................................................................................................................You can only have one type of waypoint set at once, so if you set a new one, it will cancel out the old one.

Hope this helps.

Thanks. :thumbsup:

Guess my brain is atrophying with old age ... but:

"To set a location based waypoint, tap up on the d pad."  - If I have my reticle on a rock in the distance and "tap up on th ed-pad" will a way point be set at the rock (or near it)?

Yup. Or you can bring up your intel map to set a waypoint on something you can't see.

Question....can only squad leader set waypoints? If not what if someone sets a waypoint right after another person does?...Does it clear the first one?

Anyone can set a waypoint, but it only stays up for 3 seconds for everyone, except for the people that have selected that person in the CC.