The waypoint stuff in MP is pretty awesome.

recklessmind

That right there... I think that changed my whole outlook on MP. If I was to list off some stuff that I wanted to see in MP... the addition of waypoints, and the ability to issue them to (human) teammates during a match.... man that was something on my wish list.

Such an awesome addition for clan wars. And it kind of goes to show that RSE is putting a lot of thought into the community, and what real players want and need from a MP game mode.

Couple that with how they opened up the server options, and you're seeing a real concerted effort on the part of the devs to deliver a long-lasting MP experience.

So, in that regard, good job devs. Good job. That’s the kind of stuff we were looking for.

And hopefully, those are the types of things we hope you guys are thinking about for the future. More of that stuff please.

I haven't watched the video yet. Slow dial up connection. I'll look for it at school. But they have a block on some of these game sights. Like gametrailers but if you could post some of the other key points in the vid. Like Graphics , animation, blood. All that good stuff. :yes:

Ghost627, you gotta watch this movie, well worth it.

I agree with reckless about the waypoints, there are a few options for setting them, and the ease of pulling up that command map and setting down a waypoint rocks.

Oh man, I really am going to have to think about getting a 360....

Ghost627, you gotta watch this movie, well worth it.

I agree with reckless about the waypoints, there are a few options for setting them, and the ease of pulling up that command map and setting down a waypoint rocks.

Oh man, I really am going to have to think about getting a 360....

Im trying to watch it but the slow computer is making it kinda hard. I've only seen like the first ten seconds.

If you think about it... an option as simple as waypoints could be extremely beneficial to the community.

For instance: It possibly reduces the learning curve for noobs, making the game more accessible and strengthening the player base.

It encourages the vets to talk to new players and help them find their feat in a game that is not noob-friendly. Gives the vet an easy way to get everyone on the same page while making new players feel like they’re helping out. Sometimes noobs complain about being lost and having everyone give them a hard time. Think of all the people who run the wrong way the first time they spawn on Pagoda… seriously.

It’s a good way to get people looking at the map, and learning to talk to one another.

So, ultimately, I can see it helping teamwork and communication... maybe not at first, but give the community a little time and we'll know this stuff inside and out. It’s pretty much just another tool (like the mic) at our disposal.

I’m excited. I hope the waypoints are visible during gameplay through the HUD (and you don’t have to access the map) that would be helpful, I think.

Yeah, the team leader pulls up his 3D map, drags the cursor to a destination, and issues a waypoint.

You can actually set the waypoints either through the intel map, or by LOS without having to bring up the map. The LOS method is better for closer waypoints, or if they are farther away (or behind something), you can use the intel map.

I hope the waypoints are visible during gameplay through the HUD (and you don’t have to access the map) that would be helpful, I think.

Yep.

Dammit! I can't wait any longer.

Ive been waiting . Im probably going to pick up both the 360 and xbox versions. Love the first person with gun view. Plus you can see your hands giving the signals thats just awesome. But 360 first. Graphics are awesome. Bad thing is Battlefeild 2 comes out the next week and Ive been wanting to play it for a while. It looks good I didnt but the xbox one because I was waiting for the 360 version.

Dammit! I can't wait any longer.

Ive been waiting . Im probably going to pick up both the 360 and xbox versions. Love the first person with gun view. Plus you can see your hands giving the signals thats just awesome. But 360 first. Graphics are awesome. Bad thing is Battlefeild 2 comes out the next week and Ive been wanting to play it for a while. It looks good I didnt but the xbox one because I was waiting for the 360 version.

If you plan on playing any coop at all, and 360 BF2 is like the PC version, forget it - there's just no comparison with GR, not even the same league.

Well, i've watched that Gametrailers footage now, and i must say things are looking good, just like you i've accept the fact (it still ######ing sucks though) that

SP offline is the true next-gen stuff in terms of graphics,animations and new moves, but the MP online does seem to have some very very neat things.

The dude says...in Ghost Recon 1, and two, and SS(i think he names all of them,cant remember correctly) you used to play the singleplayer missions all over again, but not anymore, we've completely thrown that out.....still wishing they hadn't...but ah well, it would be ridiculous of me to keep complaining, cause hey...i haven't played a single Co-Op mission on live yet, so i can't judge on that...just wait.

But things are still looking great.