Saved Profiles including gun customizations.....?

OPSIXDELTA

So on the GR desktop intel widget, i noticed the other day it said for the pc version of GRAW the weapons will be customizable, for example, suppressors, tac. grips, scopes, laser sights etc. I was curious though, since the 360 version of graw has been confirmed to have profiles that you can setup and save, that include info such as class, uniform, custom head gear, faces etc. would this include weapon customizations as mentioned for the pc version. I truly hope so, as i would rather be able to customize my gun rather than say my face paint etc. Hopefully this important option is not just for the pc version. Has anyone heard otherwise. I really want to set my A2 up with suppressor, and scope, and all that.

So on the GR desktop intel widget, i noticed the other day it said for the pc version of GRAW the weapons will be customizable, for example, suppressors, tac. grips, scopes, laser sights etc. I was curious though, since the 360 version of graw has been confirmed to have profiles that you can setup and save, that include info such as class, uniform, custom head gear, faces etc. would this include weapon customizations as mentioned for the pc version. I truly hope so, as i would rather be able to customize my gun rather than say my face paint etc. Hopefully this important option is not just for the pc version. Has anyone heard otherwise. I really want to set my A2 up with suppressor, and scope, and all that.

I would be surprised if it were in the 360 version.

yeah i agree, i would be surprised as well if it were in there, however, i would be more surprised that they are touting these "1000 multiplayer options" thing, but then dont let me put a foregrip, or larger capacity mag or something in there......grrr.

yeah i agree, i would be surprised as well if it were in there, however, i would be more surprised that they are touting these "1000 multiplayer options" thing, but then dont let me put a foregrip, or larger capacity mag or something in there......grrr.

When they say that, they talk about the gametypes. As in "There are 1000 ways to alter a gametype!"

Sounds like a great idea...... But also a different title.

While the ability to customize weapons etc. makes for a more individual experience, where do you stop? and how long would it be before squads and coops resembled armed gangs of tricked-out mercenaries rather than organised, military units.

It would be great to have another variation on the combat sim to keep me busy, but as far as I'm concerned, GR is great as it is, standardised weapons and uniforms included.

Sounds like a great idea...... But also a different title.

While the ability to customize weapons etc. makes for a more individual experience, where do you stop? and how long would it be before squads and coops resembled armed gangs of tricked-out mercenaries rather than organised, military units.

It would be great to have another variation on the combat sim to keep me busy, but as far as I'm concerned, GR is great as it is, standardised weapons and uniforms included.

well. customizing your weapon, is an extremely common practice in special forces. i am sure some of the more knowledgeable people on this forum (whiteknight , nyr, colin, etc) would probably agree with me. For example look at the m4 and its numerous customization and addons. Adding a particular scope or say a foregrip doesnt make you a mercenary.....to me it adds a bit of rpg type depth to the gameplay. and when you say standardized weapons......what do you mean. the weapon list in the game maybe standard to you, but not particularly standard to a typical U.S. special forces team......i dont see to many U.S. army spec ops guys walking around with AUG's....just a thought. reckless you got any thoughts on this....?

OP6, I didn't think you liked me much. Heh.

I don't think weapon customizations will be in the 360 build. In fact, I'd bet against it. The main reason being: If they were allowing that type of weapon freedom, they would've told us by now.

Personally, I love that stuff. I’m all about the options and freedom. (As unpopular as this example might be here… I liked those options in Socom 3. A lot.) I guess we'll have to take it one step at a time, though... this time around RSE really listened and they did open up our game types and lift/change those weird character-model restrictions... these are things we were begging them to do. And they put in the effort and delivered. That alone will extend the life of GRAW and our enjoyment of online play. It’s pretty cool to play a match and recognize one of your individual clanmates just by his characters’ appearance. Weapons customization would be an extension of that, and I would’ve loved having customizable weapons in GRAW.

But at some point you have to ship the game, you know? I think that weapon customization should be on the top of the list for the next game, and that the community needs to make it clear, that, to us, those types of options are a priority.

My thoughts on it anyway. Having them in there would be a nice surprise… just doesn’t seem likely, at this point.

OP6, I didn't think you liked me much. Heh.

I don't think weapon customizations will be in the 360 build.  In fact, I'd bet against it.  The main reason being: If they were allowing that type of weapon freedom, they would've told us by now.

Personally, I love that stuff.  I’m all about the options and freedom.  (As unpopular as this example might be here… I liked those options in Socom 3.  A lot.)  I guess we'll have to take it one step at a time, though... this time around RSE really listened and they did open up our game types and lift/change those weird character-model restrictions... these are things we were begging them to do.  And they put in the effort and delivered.  That alone will extend the life of GRAW and our enjoyment of online play.  It’s pretty cool to play a match and recognize one of your individual clanmates just by his characters’ appearance.  Weapons customization would be an extension of that, and I would’ve loved having customizable weapons in GRAW.

But at some point you have to ship the game, you know?  I think that weapon customization should be on the top of the list for the next game, and that the community needs to make it clear, that, to us, those types of options are a priority.

My thoughts on it anyway.  Having them in there would be a nice surprise… just doesn’t seem likely, at this point.

lol, no no actually "sometimes" i disagree with some of your ideas , but i always read your posts cause they are pretty much always well thought out ideas or opinions. And again, i read them because most i agree with or have the same point of view. But yeah i agree with you on this, seems like they would have announced something by now.

This will give you the answers you need.

Link

Colin

whoa.....hey BIGOLBRAIN on the ubi forums i seen you posted this reply to a post regarding gun customizations:

------------------------------------------------------------------

" quote:

Originally posted by lonewolfer2004:

yea you can custimize it up as much as you want, but you have to spend money(from doing good) to get the guns/accesories

thats BS ubi, just so you know, players who get the game l8tr have to fight with bad guns against ppl with good guns so they can make money, so its way harder, do to the 360 shortage... and its already for a n00b to get on a team of players ahh well ubi, i still love you Heart

Hmmm...I didn't know that.

Still cool that you can do that though. I really didn't think the 360 version would have it.

And that's a good point. Noobs will be fighting with **** guns and less experience while the guys with experience have the good guns.

Oh well..."

-------------------------------------------------------------------

- now is this lonewolf guy a ubi or rse employee?????? if so i guess its a fact that you can customize your weapons in graw360 but you need to buy the upgrades ????

***** ah update....i looked in to that, lonewolfer isnt on the inside, so that comment has no merit i guess

Edited by OPSIXDELTA